Don't pay hefty penalty. Renew car insurance in just 5 mins.
Driving Licence (Sarathi) in Bhilai
Driving a vehicle is one of the most common skills that modern man and woman have learnt as it makes traversing from one point to another very convenient. Even though public transport infrastructure is now better than ever and is continuously growing but it cannot compare to the convenience, comfort and ease of a personal vehicle. Both buses and your personal vehicle require you to have a driving licence to be a legal sarathi.
After you turn 18, you can apply for a driving licence to be a sarathi. One can also apply for a learner’s licence after he/she has turned 16.
Different types of Driving Licence in India
One can apply for driving licence as per their needs and whatever suits their driving needs at the regional RTO. The permanent licences issued are valid for a period of 20 years or until the person has reached 50 years of age, whichever is earlier, in Bhilai. These licences are issued by the RTO in their respective states. These licences are:
• Motorcycles with engine capacity less than 50cc
• Motorcycles without gear, including scooters
• Light Motor Vehicles
• Motorcycles with engine capacity greater than 50cc and with gear
• Medium Goods Vehicles
• Light Motor Vehicles (Used for commercial transport)
• Heavy Motor Vehicles
• Heavy Goods Motor Vehicles
• Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicles
• Heavy Transport Vehicles
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Bhilai?
To be eligible for getting a driving-licence or a Learner’s Licence in Bhilai, one has to meet certain criteria set up by the State transport authority and the RTO.
• To apply for a motorcycle or a LMV licence one must at least be 18 years of age.
• To apply for a commercial vehicle licence one must be at least 20 years of age.
• A learner’s licence is awarded to those who are above 16 but below 18 years of age for motorcycle with 50cc engine capacity.
How to apply for Driving Licence in Bhilai?
To become a sarathi and get your driving-licence in Bhilai one has to follow simple steps and they can get their driving licence within a week. One can apply either online or offline and the procedure is incredibly easy and convenient for applicants.
When applying offline, one has to submit the required documents to the RTO in their area. One can also apply for a learner’s licence via the same procedure and then get a permanent driving licence after they turn 18 years of age.
Procedure to Apply for Driving Licence in Bhilai
The procedure for applying for a Driving-Licence in fairly straightforward and simple. One can either apply online or offline at their nearby RTO. Following the procedure correctly will let you get your driving licence quickly and make you a legal sarathi.
The procedure for online application for driving licence is as follows:
• Go toolps.cgtransport.org/, the official Government of Chattisgarh website
• Navigate to online services and go to New Driving Licence
• Fill the form as instructed after mentioning your state of residence
• Upload scanned copy of documents as required by the application form
• Pay the required fees
• Book a slot for your driving test
• Appear at your regional RTO as per the booked date and time for your driving test
• The Driving Licence will be delivered to your registered address within a week
When applying offline:
• Go to olps.cgtransport.org/, the official Government of Chattisgarh website
• Navigate to the licence page and apply for permanent driving licence.
• Fill the application form number 4 and attach the relevant documents as required.
• Submit the form and pay the required fees.
• Book a slot for your driving test as per your convenience.
• After passing the test and submitting all required documents, you’ll receive your Driving Licence at your registered address.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for Driving Licence in Bhilai?
To become a sarathi in Bhilai, you need the following documents:
• Age Proof
• Address Proof
• Medical Certificate
• 3 recent Passport size photographs.
• Aadhaar Card (proof of age and residence)
Most frequent questions and answers about driving licence in bhilai
1. How to apply for learning driving licence in Bhilai?
• You can apply through olps.cgtransport.org/
• You can apply offline by visiting your local RTO
2. How to renew driving licence in Bhilai?
• You can apply for licence renewal by filling form 9
• Submit forms 1 and 1A
• Pay a fees of INR 200
3. How to check Driving Licence number?
4. How to apply for duplicate driving licence in Bhilai?
• If the driving-licence is stolen, copy of the FIR along with the details of Driving Licence.
• If the driving-licence is damaged, original driving-licence is to be produced.
• LLD application form is to be filled to get your duplicate driving licence.
5. How to check the status of driving licence in Bhilai?
• Go to olps.cgtransport.org/ and go to document delivery status
• Enter your application number to know the status