Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance Claim Settlement
If any mishap happens to the policyholder, you’ll probably be thinking of making a life insurance claim (death/maturity). It’s understandable if things might be a bit chaotic at the time, but you must start the process of claiming at the earliest possible moment. Most insurers have restrictions on how long you have to report a claim – this can range from a few days to a few weeks.
But if you have Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance, then you may rest assured that the claim settlement is smooth and hassle-free. With 98.08% claim ratio, the company allows you to easily file a claim and settle it at the earliest possible. Read on to know the claim settlement process of Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance.
Online & Offline Claim Settlement Process of Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
Here is the complete online & offline claim settlement process of Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance. Based on type of claim (death/maturity), the policyholder/nominee will have to submit the documents.
Claim Process Online
Step 1: Claim Intimation
To intimate the claim, you will need to follow these series of steps:
- Go to the official website of Aditya Birla Capital.
- On the home page, you will need to hover over “Protecting” and then click on “Life Insurance”.
- After that, you will be directed to a new page wherein you need to scroll down a bit and click on “Manage a Claim” located on the corner right.
- Once you click on it, you will reach the claims page. Scroll down a bit and then you will see “File Claim” under the “Manage Claim” Section.
- Click on it.
- In the next screen, you will see some blanks wherein you will need to fill your policy number, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
- After filling all the details, click on “Next”.
- You will then need to submit event details. Ensure that all the details you fill in should be true to your knowledge.
- Finally, you will need to fill and upload relevant documents and make a successful claim.
Step 2: Claim Processing
The insured must submit the appropriate paperwork as soon as possible. The documents are subsequently examined by Aditya Birla Sun Life’s claims staff. If the insurance provider requires any additional papers, the policyholder/nominee will be contacted.
Step 3: Claim Decision
Claims will be assessed based on the documentation submitted by the insured/family of the insured, as well as the information provided by the insured in the proposal form to Aditya Birla Sun Life. The amount will be paid according to the terms and circumstances of the insurance tenure once the claim determination has been reached.
Claim Process Offline
If you are looking to file your Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance claim via the offline method, then you first need to download the form and fill it out. After that, you will need to collect all the required claim documents. Once you are done filling and collecting all the documents, you will need to send a letter addressed to the committee at the address given below:
Claims Grievance Redressal Committee
The Claims Section,
Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance Company Limited
G Corp Tech Park,
5th & 6th Floor,
Kasar Wadavali, Ghodbunder Road,
Thane – 400 601
You can also call up on the toll-free no. 1-800-270-7000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents Required During the Claim Process of Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
Here is the list of the documents required during the claim process for Aditya Birla Sun Life insurance.
- Claimant Statement Form
- Death Certificate issued by Local Municipal Authority/Government.
- KYC Documents of Claimant and Photo ID Proof
- Cancelled Cheque/Copy of Bank Passbook/Copy of Bank Statement.
- Medical Attendant’s Certificate
- Original Policy Document/Indemnity Bond in the case Policy document is Lost
- Employer’s Certificate
- Medical records
- Certificate by the doctor who declared death (in case of sudden death).
Points To Remember While Raising Claim Against Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
The following are the factors to consider while raising the claim for your life insurance from Aditya Birla.
- Intimate the Insurance Company on Time – This is the most important step in the claim settlement procedure of your Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance. In the event of the policyholder’s death, the nominee or beneficiary should notify the insurance provider as soon as possible to avoid any delays. All you have to do is the phone or email your insurance company to let them know.
- Keep all Your Documents Organized – Following your notification to the insurance provider, you must produce specific documentation. Keep all of your documents in one location since if one goes missing while making a claim, the procedure may take longer to begin. In the event of a death or maturity benefit, it’s a good idea to submit the documentation ahead of time.
- Provide Accurate Details – When filling out an insurance form, you must be correct with all of the information you supply. After you’ve completed all of the fields, double-check them to ensure there are no errors or misleading information. During the claim settlement process for Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance, even minor errors or abnormalities might cause severe problems.
- Update Your Policy From Time to Time – Always keep your insurance up to date with the most recent information. In the event of a change, everything from name, address, phone number, and health status should be changed in the policy. If the beneficiary’s name or address changes, you must also notify your insurance company as soon as possible. You should also maintain copies of the proofs.
- Read the Policy Wording Carefully– You can make an informed decision if you are aware of the Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance policy’s terms and conditions. To ensure that your claim is authorized, it is very crucial to understand the inclusions and exclusions of the life insurance policy you are purchasing. Your claim will be refused if you file a claim for something that isn’t mentioned or specifically stated in the life insurance plan’s exclusions.