Aegon Life Insurance Claim Settlement
There’s no denying the fact that life insurance has become a preferred choice of insurance, taken by customers to safeguard the financial future of their families. What if any unfortunate incident happens to the breadwinner of the family? How would you be able to make a successful life insurance claim? No matter how much life insurance you have taken, if you have no clue about the claim process, you are likely to face consequences.
But if you have Aegon life insurance, then you will have peace of mind that your claim can be settled quickly and conveniently. With an impressive claim settlement ratio of 99.25% for the financial year (2020-21), you can rest assured your claims shall be settled without any hindrance. Read on to know the claim settlement process of Aegon life insurance.
How To Claim Aegon Life Insurance Policy?
If you are looking to file a claim against your Aegon life insurance policy, then you will need to follow these steps.
Online Claim Process
Step 1: Go to the official website of Aegon life insurance.
Step 2: On the home page of the website, you will see a “Register a Claim” option in the box, click on it.
Step 3: You will be directed to a new page wherein you need to select the “Type of Claim”, your policy number, the age of the life assured, and the registered mobile number.
Step 4: Once you are done filling in all the details, simply click on the “Proceed” button to proceed with the claim settlement process.
Step 5: After that, you will need to upload the documents and submit them. A claim decision is made by Aegon Life and the claim amount is released in the favour of the beneficiary through the mentioned payment mode.
The company shall release the remaining amount, the whole death benefit amount, or the rider benefit amount to you or the beneficiary after the required documentation has been received and verified, provided that all other contract terms and conditions have been met.
You must go to the nearest branch if you want to make an offline claim on your Aegon life insurance policy. You can confirm the specifics of the policy and submit the necessary paperwork. The claimant will be needed to submit the proper paperwork and information on their life assurance policy. The claims team at the Aegon Life Insurance branch can receive the paperwork.
Also, you can call on their toll-free number at 1800-209-9090.
Documents Required During the Claim Process of Aegon Life Insurance Policy
Here is the list of the documents required for the claim process of Aegon life insurance policy.
- Claimant statement form
- Copy of death certificate issued by a municipal corporation under section 12/17
- KYC documents of the claimant (Mandatory)
- PAN or Form No. 60
- Copy of any one of the following (Identity & address proof of claimant).
- Proof of possession of Aadhaar number in such form as are issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (means ‘Aadhaar Card’)
- Passport (unexpired),
- Driving License (unexpired)
- Voter’s Identity Card
- Job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government
- A current image of the claimant
- A copy of the claimant’s passport or a self-attested cancelled check
- Relationship evidence (wherever applicable)
For death due to accident/suicide other than the above documents
- Copy of First Information Report (FIR)
- Copy of Post Mortem Report
Points to Remember While Claiming Against Your Aegon Life Insurance Policy
Here are the points that should be kept in your mind when you are making a claim against your Aegon life insurance policy.
- The insurer must be informed of a death claim as soon as feasible after the occurrence of the incident.
- For a quick decision, kindly submit claim files on time.
- If the policy is older than three years, the likelihood of an investigation is lower.