If you have ear, nose, or throat (ENT) medical issues, you need to visit an otolaryngologist frequently, which may pose a heavy financial burden on your shoulder. Previously, a standard health insurance plan did not provide cover for ENT procedures. However, keeping in mind the sky-rocketing expenses of healthcare procedures, many health insurance companies have started to include the cover of ENT procedures for the benefit of the customers. Some health insurance plans cover ENT procedures along with critical and chronic illnesses. Usually, ENT health insurance covers most daycare treatments for which you do not require to stay for extended durations or more than 24 hours at the hospital.
Benefits Of Health Insurance Having ENT Procedures Covered?
If you are still wondering why you should opt for ENT coverage, here are the mentions. Have a look.
- Cost-effective – With the advancement of technology coupled with inflation, the expenses of healthcare treatments have risen exponentially. ENT medical condition, though it sounds trivial, can become critical at any point in time if proper medications are not provided. And this can cost you a hefty amount. In that case, a medical insurance policy with ENT coverage kicks in as it offers you compensation for the treatments related to it.
- Financial relief – As under such medical policy, you are getting reimbursement for your ENT procedures, you do not have to pay the entire cost of the treatment out of your own pocket. And, it is certainly a relief for your financial budget.
- Avoid long stay at the hospital – Usually, ENT procedures do not require a whole day to stay at the hospital as it falls under the category of daycare treatments. Previously, the insured patients had to stay overnight in a hospital to file a claim for the medical expenses as there was coverage neither for ENT nor daycare procedures. But, with the health insurance policies with ENT cover, or daycare cover, this problem has been resolved.
- Peace of mind – Some people tend to be reluctant to go to the doctors as they think that ENT issues are minor and it will cost them extra expenses. But now, when you know that your medical insurance plan covers the ENT procedures and to avail of the treatments, you do not have to stay overnight in a hospital, you will have a sense of relief, and you can focus on your health as well.
ENT Procedures Generally Covered Under A Health Insurance Plan?
The following ENT procedures or daycare procedures are usually covered by health insurance policies.
- Operations on the auditory ossicles
- Incision of the inner ear
- Operations in the middle ear
- Reconstruction of the middle ear
- Fenestration of the inner ear
- Removal of a tympanic drain
Nose and Sinus
- Nasal and sinus aspiration
- Operation on the nasal concha
- Procedures on the turbinates’
- Excision and destruction of infected tissue of the nose
- Foreign body removal
- Reconstruction of the tongue
Advanced ENT Treatments:
- Balloon Sinuplasty
In a Nutshell
If you are buying a health insurance policy for yourself or for your loved ones, it would always be wise to go for a policy that has ENT coverage. Usually, ENT coverage is not provided as an additional benefit or add-on cover; it comes as an in-built cover, usually in the form of daycare procedures. Before opting for any medical policy, read the policy wordings carefully to find out the inclusions and exclusions. Due to inflation, the expenses of medical treatments have gone through the roof. So, choose your health cover wisely and stay protected financially, physically, and mentally.