In these unprecedented times, any disease can hit anyone at any time. Not to mention that the majority of people live unhealthy lives, which only contributes to the rise in the number of diseases.
To avoid a significant financial burden in the event of illness or disease, purchasing a suitable health insurance backup plan is imperative. Currently, there are a lot of different health insurance plans on the market, but New India Assurance Health Insurance offers one of the best health insurance plans in India.
The company was founded by Sir Dorabji in 1919. It has been India’s largest provider of general insurance for more than 95 years. There are numerous health plans available from New India Assurance Health Insurance. Owners of policies can alter the plans, terms, and amount assured. Additionally, they offer discounts, access to a large hospital network, and cashless medical care.
Continue reading in case you wish to know about the illnesses or diseases covered by the company’s health insurance plans!
Importance Of New India Health Insurance Plans
New India Assurance Company, the largest government-owned general insurer, is unquestionably the greatest option for many people. This company provides a wide range of health insurance policies at extremely affordable rates for both individuals and families.
Moreover, since 2014, New India Health Insurance has been given the highest possible financial strength rating of AAA/Stable by CRISIL. In the first three months of 2023, the claim-settlement ratio for the company was 92.93 percent. With a broad network of more than 1500 hospitals, New India Health Insurance allows policyholders to receive cashless care without having to pay out-of-pocket for medical costs.
Health Insurance Plans Provided By New India Insurance
Here is a list of health insurance plans offered by the company:
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
- Bhavishya Arogya Policy
- Group Mediclaim Policy For Workers
- Jan Arogya Bima
- Janta Mediclaim Policy
- New India Asha Kiran Policy
- New India Cancer Guard Policy
- New India Floater Mediclaim Policy
- New India Flexi Floater Mediclaim Policy
- New India Mediclaim Policy
- New India Premier Mediclaim Policy
- New India Sixty Plus Mediclaim Policy
- New India Top-Up Mediclaim Policy
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
- Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
- Cancer Medical Expenses – Group
- Standard Group Janata Mediclaim Policy
- Tertiary Care Insurance (Individual)
- Universal Health Insurance APL
- Young India Digi Health Policy
- Yuva Bharat Health Policy
List Diseases Covered By Health Insurance Plans From New India
The company provides coverage for various illnesses and treatments. Some of them are listed below:
|Open chest CABG|
|Permanent paralysis of limbs|
|Heart attack of listed severity|
|Open heart replacement|
|Major organ/bone marrow transplant|
|Kidney failure leading to dialysis|
|Motor neuron disease|
|Newborn baby cover|
Benefits Offered By New India Health Insurance Plans
After selecting New India Health Insurance plans, one can avail of the following benefits:
- Restoration Of Sum Insured: In the event that the sum insured amount is depleted as a result of claims made during the policy period, the insurer will restore it.
- Portability Benefit: The benefit of portability is another advantage that is provided by New India Health Insurance programs. This means that if the insured is unhappy with an insurance coverage given by any other insurer, he/she can move to any eligible New India Health Insurance.
- Lifetime Renewability: The company’s health policies include a lifetime renewability feature. This indicates that the policyholder can continue to receive the benefits of their health insurance plan by renewing it and paying the renewal premium.
- Wide Range Of Sum Insured: One can choose from a variety of sums insured with New India Health Insurance plans, depending on the insured’s needs. The policies give greater security because the minimum sum covered is Rs. 1 lakh, and the maximum is Rs. 1 crore.
- Tax Benefits: Along with numerous coverage benefits, New India Health Insurance plans also give tax advantages under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961 on the premiums paid for them. One can receive tax benefits for the number of years the insurance has been acquired if one pays the premium all at once.
The footprint of New India Assurance is greater than that of any other provider of health insurance because it is one of India’s largest and oldest general insurance enterprises.
Their ability to effectively fulfill their clients’ demands is undeniably strong due to their impressive financial standing. However, this would not be the best choice for individuals who would not like the sub-limits on the room rent and the co-payment condition in their policy. Therefore, always read the policy brochure in detail before purchasing any policy from the company.