Since medical costs are skyrocketing, abundant households are forced to be pushed into poverty. Thus, it is now getting difficult for poor people to bear the cost of medical expenses and treat their children with high-quality healthcare facilities. The Below Poverty Line (BPL) population is especially vulnerable to catastrophic health risks.
India is a developing country that is making efforts to make health care easily accessible. The Gujarat state government launched the Mukhyamanti Amrutum (MA) Yojana on September 4, 2012, with the goal of providing financial support to households classified as BPL (Below Poverty Line) in Gujarat so they can seek the best medical and surgical care for their ailments. Beneficiaries receive a cashless health card that they can use to access the benefits of the MA Yojana.
As the public realized the benefits of Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana, the Gujarat state government increased its benefits. It currently covers households with yearly incomes up to INR 4,00,000. The Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana covers every step of a medical emergency, from pre-hospitalization care to post-diagnostic testing. For those who are in need, this yojana is undoubtedly a blessing.
Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana: Key Highlights
Here are the key highlights of Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana.
|Started on||4th September 2012|
|Launched by||Government of Gujarat|
|Launched for||Below Poverty Line (BPL)|
|Enrolment fee||None. Beneficiaries of this Yojana do not need to pay any fees because it is fully supported by the government program.|
|Enrollment Period||Beneficiaries can enroll throughout the year.|
|Mediators||The process is direct, with no intermediaries involved.|
|Payment during claims settlement||Payments are made directly through RTGS|
Mukhyamantri Amrutam Yojana Eligibility
The Mukhyamantri Amrutam Yojana provides eligibility for the people and families included in the State Government’s BPL list. Additionally, when enrolling in the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana, every member of the family must be present. Nonetheless, if they meet certain requirements, families that are just barely above the poverty line may qualify for the MA Yojana.
- The annual income of the family is up to Rs. 4 Lakhs.
- Anyone among the members who work as an Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA).
- Any participant(s) with authorized reporters.
- Workers in Classes 3 and 4 are paid by the State Government on a set salary.
- Senior Citizens whose families earn up to Rs. 6 lakhs in total annually.
Key Features and Benefits of Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
The Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana in Gujarat, India, offers a wide range of exciting features and benefits to eligible beneficiaries. Here are the key features and advantages of the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana:
- Health Coverage: This MA Vatsalya Yojana offers complete health coverage for a number of medical conditions, including hospital stays, surgeries, and post-hospital care.
- Insurance Coverage: Beneficiaries are given annual insurance coverage of up to Rs. 5 lakh per family, which they can use to pay for hospital bills at accredited facilities.
- Smart Health Cards: Beneficiaries are given smart health cards that hold personal data and plan details, making identification easier and enabling cashless transactions.
- Coverage for Critical Illnesses: Critical illnesses covered by Mukhyamantri Amrutam Yojana include cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, and neurological disorders, among many others.
- Transportation Expenses: If a patient needs to be transferred from one hospital to another for specialized care, this Yojana may, in some circumstances, pay for their transportation costs.
- Financial Security: Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana’s goal is to lessen the financial strain that medical expenses place on families by ensuring that they have access to high-quality healthcare without worrying about the cost.
- Improved Healthcare Outcomes: Through the provision of prompt and high-quality medical care, the MA Vatsalya Yojana enhances the health and general welfare of its recipients.
- Government and Private Hospitals: Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana network comprises a combination of government and private hospitals, providing participants with choices for meeting their medical requirements.
What are the Inclusions & Exclusions Under MA Policy?
Many conditions and therapies are covered by the MA Yojana. The major illnesses and treatments that are normally covered and not covered by the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana are listed below.
- Cardiovascular diseases, including heart surgeries and treatments.
- Cancer treatments, including chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Kidney-related diseases and dialysis.
- Organ transplant surgeries (liver, kidney, heart, etc.).
- Inpatient care and hospitalisation expenses.
- Burns and plastic surgeries.
- Neurological disorders, such as brain surgeries and treatment for epilepsy.
- Neonatal surgeries for newborns.
- Orthopaedic treatments, including joint replacements.
- End-stage renal disease (ESRD) treatment.
- Prosthetic devices and implants.
Please be aware that this is not a comprehensive list, and that the precise illnesses and therapies covered may change over time and based on the guidelines of Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana.
The following are the things not included under the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana.
- Outpatient Care: This Yojana mostly pays for hospital stays and treatments for inpatients. Generally, outpatient care, doctor visits, and prescription drugs obtained outside of a hospital are not covered.
- Pre-existing Conditions: There may be a waiting period before coverage starts or pre-existing conditions that are not covered in certain situations.
- Cosmetic Surgeries: Generally, it does not cover procedures or treatments carried out solely for aesthetic purposes.
- Non-Emergency Treatments: Medical procedures that are not deemed medically necessary or emergencies might not be covered.
- Certain Experimental Treatments: Certain investigational or experimental therapies that are not commonly used in medicine may not be covered.
- Dental and Vision Care: Generally, coverage does not extend to routine eye exams, dental treatments, or vision correction procedures.
- Non-Emergency Transportation: Non-emergency transit may not be covered, but emergency transportation may.
Process of Enrolment for Mukhyamatri Amrutum Yojana
The enrolment process for the MA Vatsalya Yojana is very simple. Here is how the process takes place:
- The qualified recipients need to go to their local civic centres or Taluka kiosks. Locally, mobile kiosks can also be found.
- With all of the hardware required for enrollment, the authorities are well prepared.
- The hardware is used to take beneficiary photos, iris scans, and fingerprints, among other biometric data.
- The beneficiaries may even need to provide the necessary information on the Gujarati Mukhyamantri Amrutam Yojana Card application form.
- After the information is checked, the beneficiaries receive their Mukhyamantri Amrutam Yojana health cards and the enrollment process is finished.
Documents Required for Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
When visiting the nodal agency for enrollment, it’s crucial to bring the following documentation:
- Address proof
- Identification proof
- Proof of income
- Certificate saying that your family qualifies for below-the-poverty line
How to Renew MAA Yojana Smart Health Card?
Only those who renew their Mukhyamantri Amrutam Yojana health card after it expires will be eligible to continue receiving benefits under the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana. Keep in mind that the Mukhyamantri Amrutum card has a three-year validity. After 2015, the validity of the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana card was extended to three years from the previous one.
It’s easy to renew your MA Vatsalya Yojana card; you can do it at the designated kiosk or by calling the customer service number. For the Mukhyamantri Amrutum renewal process to be completed, you will need the following:
- Income Certificate
- Previous Yojana Card
How To Claim MAA Yojana?
A health card is required if you have already enrolled your family and yourself in the MA Yojana. Once you’re sure you do, take the specified actions to get the benefits of the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana.
- First, go to a hospital that is part of the Mukhyamantri Amrutam Yojana and present the required QR card. This card will be used for verification.
- The verification process is typically quick, and the patient might soon be eligible for cashless care.
- The approved department of the hospital where the patient received treatment will forward the required information regarding the medical bills to the insurance company after the patient’s treatment is finished.
- Then, the insurer will confirm the information provided.
- The insurer and the concerned hospital may then decide to settle the claim in accordance with that.
To get quick assistance in an emergency, you should list all of the hospitals that are closest to you that are accredited in advance.
Frequently Asked Questions
This plan can cover up to 5 family members. A newborn child will be counted as the sixth member in this scenario.
No, starting from the date this health insurance plan launches, all pre-existing conditions will be covered by the benefits of the MA Amrutam card.
Mukhyamantri Amrutum Scheme exclusions include certain non-emergency medical procedures and cosmetic surgery performed for aesthetic enhancements.
An individual might misplace or break their card. In this scenario, they might go up to a nearby taluka kiosk. A person can quickly obtain a new MA Card from the taluka kiosk since it is equipped with all the facilities required to do so. This procedure is simple and quick.