HDFC Life Cardiac Care Plan
A non-linked, non-par fixed benefit health plan called Cardiac Care is offered by HDFC Life to safeguard you financially from a wide range of cardiac conditions. It offers premium waiver benefits and coverage for 18 cardiac conditions. Additionally, you have the option to choose this plan’s hospitalization benefit. The purpose of the policy is to offer financial assistance in the event that the insured person is found to have any covered cardiac disease or surgery.
Read on to know more about HDFC Life Cardiac care, its benefits, inclusions, exclusions, and more.
Here’s the eligibility criteria for HDFC Life Cardiac Care.
|Minimum Entry Age (Last birthday)||18 years|
|Maximum Entry Age (Last birthday)||65 Years|
|Minimum Maturity Age (Last birthday)||23 Years|
|Maximum Maturity Age (Last birthday)||Single Pay: 70 years, Regular Pay: 75 years|
|Policy Term||Single Pay: Only 5 years, Regular Pay : 5 to 40 years|
|Premium Payment Frequency||Single Pay, Regular Pay (Equal to the Policy Term)|
|Premium Payment Mode|
Single Premium, Annual, Half-yearly,
Quarterly and Monthly
|Sum Insured (At policy inception)|
Minimum: Rs. 2,00,000
Maximum: Rs. 50,00,000
Minimum: Regular Pay: Rs. 357.40
Single Pay: Rs. 1,313.20
Maximum: Regular Pay: Rs. 6,55,860
Single Pay: Rs. 14,43, 435
HDFC Life Cardiac Care Coverage Details
1% of Original Sum Insured
(Maximum ` 10,000)
2% of Original Sum Insured
(Maximum ` 20,000)
|Surrender Benefit||Single pay option|
|Grace Period||monthly frequency is 15 days and for non-monthly frequency is 30 days.|
|Payment of 100% of the Sum Insured against all valid claims||Available|
|Myocardial Infarction (First Heart Attack – of Specic Severity)||Available|
|Open Chest CABG||Available|
|Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart Valves||Available|
|Major Surgery of Aorta||Available|
|Primary (Idiopathic) Pulmonary Hypertension||Available|
|Balloon Valvotomy or Valvuloplasty||Available|
|Surgery to place Ventricular Assist Devices or Total Articial Hearts||Available|
|Implantable Cardioverter Debrillator||Available|
Features and Benefits of HDFC Life Cardiac Care
Here is the list of the features and benefits of HDFC Life Cardiac Care:
- Optional benefits – The policyholder also has the option to select one of the three option benefits, which are the hospitalization benefit, income benefit, and indexation benefit, in addition to the base benefit provided by the plan. You may choose one or more optional benefits at the time the policy is started, and once an option has been chosen, it cannot be modified for the duration of the policy.
- Maturity or Death benefit – Under this plan, neither a maturity benefit nor a death benefit is paid. If the plan matures before the insured person dies, the policy will expire at that time.
- Benefits of Diagnosis: Taking into account the seriousness of heart diseases, HDFC Life has divided 18 conditions into three main categories: conditions of high severity, conditions of moderate severity, and conditions of light severity. The reward payable under each of the three conditions varies and is determined by the condition’s membership in the relevant group.
- Indexation Benefit – The sum assured under this plan will increase by 10% of the sum assured starting on the first policy anniversary if you haven’t filed a claim during the first year of the policy. Up to a maximum of 200% of the base sum assured under the plan, the sum assured may increase.
- Grace period: There is a grace period of 15 days for monthly premium payments and a grace period of 30 days for single, annual, half-yearly, and quarterly premium payments. If the premiums are not paid by the time the aforementioned grace period expires, the policy will expire.
- Revival- On payment of all due premiums for the plan, plus interest, a lapsed insurance may be reinstated by the policyholder within two years of the date of the first unpaid premium.
- Income Benefit – In the event of a diagnosis or occurrence of a procedure or condition that is covered under high severity conditions, the policyholder will receive 1% of the total assured under this plan for a fixed duration of 5 years under this benefit option. For conditions of moderate and mild severity, this advantage is not available. In addition to the base benefit under the plan and the optional benefit that the policyholder has chosen, the income benefit is provided to the policyholder. If the insured passes away within the plan’s term, the Income benefit will be given to the nominee of the insurance.
What is Not Covered Under HDFC Life Cardiac Care?
Here are the things not covered under HDFC Life Cardiac Plan
- Any heart ailment or disorder that has manifested, along with any hospitalization and/or recommended or received therapy for the same during the waiting time.
- The Life Assured has postponed medical treatment in order to get around the waiting period or other terms and restrictions governing this policy by refusing to seek or heed medical advice.
- Any condition, sickness, accident, or disease that is/are identified by a doctor within 48 months of the policy’s effective date or its renewal is referred to as a pre-existing disease.
- self-inflicted injuries, immorality, suicide, and wilful involvement in unlawful or criminal conduct by the life insured.
- Use of intoxicating substances, such as alcohol or solvents, or the use of medications without a physician’s prescription.
- Nuclear accident-related radioactive pollution.
- Participating in (or practising for) dangerous sports or activities, such as bungee jumping, hand gliding, caving, horse racing, jet skiing, martial arts, mountaineering, off-piste skiing, potholing, powerboat racing, underwater diving, yacht racing, or any other race.
Premium Illustration of HDFC Life Cardiac Care
Let’s take an example to understand!
A man, named Mr Sahil Pappu, who is 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighs nearly 90kgs looking to buy a Cardiac Care Plan. After asking his relatives, family, and friends, someone suggested him to buy HDFC Cardiac Care Plan to protect against the alarming medical issues.
Here’s what he will get under different circumstances.
|Annual income||Additional benefit||Sum insured:||Policy term:||Total premium:||Base Benefit + Hospitalization Benefit||Base benefit + Indexation benefit|
|6,00,000||No||20,00,000||10 years||Rs. 1,795||Rs. 2,272||Rs. 2,525|
|6,00,000||No||40,00,000||20 Years||Rs. 6,341||Rs. 7,322||Rs. 10, 718|
Frequently Asked Questions
No, this plan does not offer a maturity benefit.
The HDFC Life Cardiac Care plan is designed to help with the costs associated with any cardiac ailment or operation. Since there is no Death Benefit payable, its benefits are dependent upon the diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
Until the original enhanced Sum Insured reaches 200% of the original sum assured or a Claim arises, whichever comes first, the indexation benefit remains.
Yes. The hospitalization benefit includes both ICU and Non-ICU benefits that are paid separately and are each subject to a cap. The limit under the second room type will apply if the limit for the first room type is reached. e.g. The benefit for non-ICU rooms will be extended if the ICU benefit is used up.