In our busy lives, there is always a probability of unexpectedly becoming sick and requiring expensive treatments. Fortunately, there is health insurance. Health insurance ensures that undergoing long-term treatment does not throw a family into dire financial straits. And, when it comes to health insurance, Universal Sompo is a must-mention. Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd. is the first company in the Indian general insurance industry formed through a public-private pairing. Its founders comprise 4 leading companies from the Indian banking and FMCG space and Sompo Japan Insurance Inc. from Japan. By paying a small amount of premium to the insurer, one can take cover under a comprehensive health insurance plan. This will shield the savings from sudden shocks of medical treatments. In this way, Universal Sompo health insurance plans act as a protective cover for both savings and healthcare so that the insured person and his/her beloved family can continue to enjoy their life.
Importance of Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
The rate at which medical costs are rising makes it necessary to have health insurance. Fortunately, Universal Sompo Health Insurance Company has come up with a sack full of different health insurance products with multiple benefits that can cater to the varied needs of different individuals. These plans include the critical health insurance policy, protection against diabetes, plan for senior citizens, children, group, individual, and family floater plans, and many more. This company offers a wide network of network hospitals so that customers can get a cashless facility anywhere in the country. The company has a widespread presence all over the country and the customer care service of this insurer is always at service, 24×7. The health insurance plans are designed in a customer-centric way, and most of the plans can be customized at the convenience of the insurer. These plans shield the insured people against the expenses incurred due to different ailments, diseases, and health conditions, both medically and financially.
What Are The Health Insurance Plans offered by Universal Sompo?
There is a list of health insurance plans offered by Universal Sompo to protect insured persons from different types of health risks. Here are the mentions.
|Type of the plan
A List of Covered Diseases By Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
There is a wide range of diseases, ailments, and medical procedures covered by this health insurance company. among them, the important mentions are as follows.
|Name of the diseases/illnesses and procedures covered
|First Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
|Open Chest CABG (Coronary Artery Disease Requiring Surgery)
|Stroke Resulting in Permanent Symptoms
|Cancer of Specified Severity
|Kidney Failure Requiring Regular Dialysis
|Major Organ Transplantation
|Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms
|Surgery of Aorta
|Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
|Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
|Cancer Reconstructive Surgery
|The vaporization of the prostrate (Green laser treatment or holmium laser treatment)
|Stem cell therapy: Hematopoietic stem cells for bone marrow transplant for hematological conditions
|Vectorborne diseases (Dengue Fever, Malaria, Filariasis (Payable only once in a lifetime), Kala Azar, Chikungunya, Japanese Encephalitis, and Zika Virus)
|Surgeries for Tumor/ Cysts/Nodules/Polyps
|Fissures/ Piles/ Fistula
|Stone in Urinary System
|Gastric and Duodenal erosions & ulcers
|Joint replacements unless due to accident
|Arthritis, gout, rheumatism, and spinal disorders
What Are The General Exclusions of Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
While the health insurance plans of Universal Sompo have come up with a wide array of benefits and facilities, it has also several exclusions for which it does not provide any advantages. Among them, a few mentions are as follows.
- Claims are registered before the specified waiting period.
- Expenses related to any admission primarily for enforced bed rest and not for receiving treatment.
- Expenses related to the surgical treatment of obesity that does not fulfill the conditions.
- Expenses related to any treatment, including surgical management, to change characteristics of the body to those of the opposite sex.
- Expenses for cosmetic or plastic surgery or any treatment to change appearance unless for reconstruction following an Accident, Burn(s), or Cancer.
- Expenses related to any treatment necessitated due to participation as a professional in hazardous or adventure sports.
- Expenses for treatment directly arising from or consequent upon any Insured Person committing or attempting to commit a breach of law with criminal intent.
- Treatment for, Alcoholism, drug or substance abuse, or any addictive condition and consequences thereof.
- Treatments received in health hydros, nature cure clinics, spas, or similar establishments or private beds registered as a nursing home attached to such establishments or where admission is arranged wholly or partly for domestic reasons.
- Expenses related to the treatment for correction of eyesight due to refractive error less than 7.5 dioptres.
- Dietary supplements and substances that can be purchased without a prescription, including but not limited to Vitamins, minerals, and organic substances, unless prescribed by a medical practitioner as part of a hospitalization claim or daycare procedure.
Health insurance is important because the cost of good medical facilities and hospitalization can be financially stressful. With rising medical expenses, health insurance coverage can provide the added protection one needs. A good health insurance policy would usually cover expenses made towards doctor consultation fees, costs towards medical tests, ambulance charges, hospitalization costs, and even post-hospitalization recovery costs to a certain extent. However, it would be highly recommended to go through the exclusions and the terms and conditions of the policy as well as the company, before opting for any health insurance plan to avoid claim rejection and future complexities.