ICICI Pru Heart & Cancer Protect Plan
The fast-changing lifestyle and modernization have adversely affected individuals’ health. As a result of that, cancer and heart-related diseases have become common phenomena. The treatments of these life-threatening diseases are costly, and due to inflation, medical costs are rising day by day. This can put a heavy financial burden on your shoulder and put your family in the most wretched condition.
To give you some relief, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company has come up with a beneficial plan, ICICI Pru Cancer/Heart Protect Policy, that offers protection against cancer and/or heart diseases. With this plan, you can receive a fixed payout based on the severity of the condition, irrespective of actual billing. To maximize the protection, you can also opt for Increasing Cover Benefit, which increases your coverage every year. This plan is the ultimate comprehensive solution for these dreadful ailments. To know more about this policy, have a look at the following mentions.
|Age at entry||Minimum – 18 years, Maximum – 65 years|
|Age at maturity||Minimum – 23 years, Maximum – 75 years|
|Policy term||Single Pay: 5 years, Regular Pay: 5 to 40 years|
|Premium payment term||Single Pay: Single, Regular Pay: Same as policy term|
|Premium payment option||Single pay, and Regular pay|
|Minimum sum assured||Rs. 2 lakhs|
|Maximum sum assured||Cancer cover – Rs. 50 lakhs, Heart cover – Rs. 25 lakhs|
|Premium payment modes||Single, yearly, half-yearly, and monthly|
What benefits will you get with ICICI Pru Cancer Protect?
This plan has come up with a sack full of benefits and facilities that promise to offer you maximum protection against heart and cancer-related ailments and provide you financial relief. The following are mentions of those benefits. Have a look.
Lump Sum Benefit:
A lump sum amount will be paid on diagnosis of any of the listed conditions based on their level. You can claim for Minor conditions multiple times as long as the total payout does not exceed 100% of the sum assured of the chosen cover.
|Level||Payout (As % of sum assured)|
|Major condition||100% less early Minor condition claim payouts, if any|
Waiver of Premium:
On diagnosis of any of the listed Minor conditions or in case you suffer a permanent disability due to an accident, all future premiums payable under your policy will be waived off and the policy will continue.
With this policy, you have the option to enhance your protection cover by choosing one or a combination of the following additional benefits:
- Hospital Benefit – You will get a daily hospital cash benefit of Rs. 5,000 if you get hospitalized for a continuous stay of 24 hours, due to any of the listed conditions under your chosen cover. The benefit amount is fixed and will be paid irrespective of actual hospitalization expenses. This benefit will be payable subject to a maximum limit of ten (10) days per policy year and thirty (30) days over the policy term. The yearly limit of the number of days of hospitalization cannot be carried forward to next year.
- Increasing Cover Benefit – Your sum assured will increase by 10% simple interest every year till the time the first claim is made. The maximum sum assured under Increasing Cover Benefit is limited to 200% of the sum assured chosen at inception.
- Income Benefit – 1% of the sum assured chosen at inception will be paid to you each month for a period of 5 years on the diagnosis of any of the Major conditions under the cover. This benefit is over and above the lump sum payable.
The Income Benefit will be paid as and when due irrespective of the expiry of the policy term, provided a Major condition has been diagnosed within the policy term. In case of the death of the Policyholder during the income benefit payout period, the benefit will be paid to the Claimant. If 100% of the sum assured has already been paid under the policy on account of multiple Minor condition claims, then on a claim under listed Major conditions, only Income Benefit will be paid, and there will not be any lump sum benefit payment. Where the Cancer cover and Heart cover are taken together, payout under Income Benefit will be triggered for only that cover for which a claim of Major condition is registered and all Benefits through other cover remain unaffected.
Free Look Period:
If you are not satisfied with the terms and conditions of the policy, please return the policy document to the Company for cancellation with the reasons within:
- 15 days from the date you received it if your policy is not purchased through Distance marketing.
- 30 days from the date you received it if your policy is electronic or purchased through Distance Marketing.
Tax benefits under the policy are subject to conditions under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Goods & Services Tax and Cess (if any) will be charged extra as per prevailing rates over the premium amount as per the applicable rates.
A grace period for payment of the premium of 15 days applies for the monthly premium payment mode and 30 days for other modes of premium payment. If the premium is not paid within the grace period, the policy will lapse, and cover will cease.
Key Features of ICICI Pru Heart & Cancer Protect
Apart from the above benefits and facilities, this plan has presented a bunch of special advantages and features that have made the plan unique and popular among consumers. To know more about these additional benefits, have a look at the following mentions.
Surrender value is applicable only for Single Pay policies. You can surrender your policy and get the surrender benefit as stated below from year 1.
Surrender Value = Single Premium * Surrender Value Factor
The bases for computing Surrender Value Factors will be reviewed from time to time. The factors applicable to the existing business may be revised subject to the prior approval of the IRDAI.
Permanent Disability Due To An Accident:
The disability should have lasted for at least 180 days without interruption from the date of disability and must be deemed permanent by a Company appointed independent medical practitioner. The benefit because of Permanent Disability (PD) due to an accident will be applicable if the Life Assured is unable to perform 3 out of the 6 following Activities of Daily Work:
- Mobility: The ability to walk a distance of 200 meters on flat ground.
- Bending: The ability to bend or kneel to touch the floor and straighten up again and the ability to get into a standard saloon car, and out again.
- Climbing: The ability to climb up a flight of 12 stairs and down again, using the handrail if needed.
- Lifting: The ability to pick up an object weighing 2kg at table height and hold it for 60 seconds before replacing the object on the table.
- Writing: The manual dexterity to write legibly using a pen or pencil or type using a desktop personal computer keyboard.
- Blindness: permanent and irreversible – Permanent and irreversible loss of sight to the extent that even when tested with the use of visual aids, vision is measured at 3/60 or worse in the better eye using a Snellen eye chart.
The family benefit will have to be chosen at the inception of the policy only, spouse cannot be added once the policy is issued. The policy benefits of both Life Assured will be independent of each other. This discount is not applicable to the Single pay policy.
This discount is not applicable to the Single Pay policy. You can avail of either Family Benefit or Loyalty Benefit.
On cancellation of the policy during the free look period, the company will return the premium subject to the deduction of:
- Stamp duty under the policy,
- Expenses are borne by the Company on medical examination if any
- The proportionate risk premium for the period of cover.
The policy will terminate on payment of this amount and all rights, benefits, and interests under this policy will stand extinguished.
A policy which has lapsed for non-payment of the premium may be revived subject to the following conditions:
- No benefit is payable for an event that occurred or symptoms of which first occurred or were first diagnosed during the period when the policy was in lapsed condition.
- The application for revival is made within 5 years from the due date of the first unpaid premium and before the policy’s termination date. Revival will be based on the prevailing Board approved underwriting policy.
- A waiting period of 3 months will be applicable for any revivals after 3 months from the due date of the first unpaid premium.
- The policyholder furnishes, at his own expense, satisfactory evidence of the health of the Life Assured as required by the prevailing Board approved underwriting policy.
- The arrears of premiums together with interest at such rate as the Company may charge for late payment of premiums are paid. The interest rate applicable in December 2019 is 7.97% p.a. compounded half-yearly.
The premiums are guaranteed for a block of three years, after which they can be revised with prior approval of IRDAI. If and when revised, Premiums will be guaranteed for a subsequent block of three years. The company will inform you about the premium revision, if any, at least 3 months in advance. For Single Pay policies, the premium is guaranteed for the entire policy term.
Conditions Covered Under This Policy
The following conditions are covered under this policy:
|Minor conditions||Major conditions|
|Early stage Cancers||Cancer of Specified Severity|
|Carcinoma-in-Situ of any organ (except skin)|
|Balloon Valvotomy or Valvuloplasty|
First Heart Attack of Specified Severity (Myocardial Infarction)
|Carotid Artery Surgery||Heart Transplant|
|Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator||Major Surgery of the aorta|
|Implantation of Pacemaker of Heart||Open Chest CABG|
|Infective Endocarditis||Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart Valve|
|Minimally Invasive Surgery of the aorta||Primary (Idiopathic) Pulmonary Hypertension|
|Surgery for Cardiac Arrhythmia|
|Surgery to Place Ventricular Assist Devices or Total Artificial Hearts|
What Are The Exclusions of ICICI Pru Cancer Protect?
Understanding a policy is not completed if you do not thoroughly review its exclusions. Therefore, to offer you a comprehensive idea of the policy, and to avoid future complications, here are the exclusions of the ICICI Pru Cancer/Heart Protect Policy.
- Pre-existing Diseases are not covered. Pre-existing Disease means any condition, ailment, injury, or disease that is/are diagnosed by a physician within 48 months prior to the effective date of the policy issued by the insurer or its reinstatement.
- Any investigation or treatment for any illness, disorder, complication, or ailment arising out of or connected with the pre-existing Illness will be considered part of that pre-existing illness.
- No benefits will be payable for any condition(s) which is a direct or indirect result of any pre-existing conditions unless Life Assured has disclosed the same at the time of proposal or date of revival, whichever is later, and the Company has accepted the same.
- Any covered event or its signs or symptoms having occurred within the waiting period will be excluded from the policy.
- The existence of any Sexually transmitted diseases will not be covered.
- Self-inflicted injuries, suicide, insanity, and deliberate participation of the Life Assured in an illegal or criminal act with criminal intent will fall under the category of exclusions.
- Use of intoxicating drugs, alcohol, solvent, or taking of drugs except under the direction of a medical practitioner will not be compensated
- Radioactive contamination due to nuclear accidents will not be covered.
- Any illness due to a congenital defect or disease which has manifested or was diagnosed before the Insured attains aged 17 will be excluded.
- Any treatment of a donor for the replacement of an organ or the expenses of AYUSH treatments will not be compensated by the company.
- Reflexology, acupuncture, bone-setting, herbalist treatment, hypnotism, rolfing, massage therapy, aroma therapy, or any other treatments other than allopathy/western medicines will be permanently excluded.
- Anything that does not satisfy the terms and conditions of the company and the policy will not be covered under this policy.
- Under the Cancer Cover, multiple Minor condition claims from the same organ will not be admissible. For the purpose of a claim under Cancer Cover, each group of the following sites is treated as one organ.
- Basal cell and squamous skin cancer
- Corpus uteri, vagina, fallopian tubes, cervix uteri, ovary
- Colon and rectum
- Penis, testis
- Stomach and esophagus
- The company will not be liable to pay this benefit if PD of the Life Assured occurs after the policy’s termination date.
- Any kind of breach of law with criminal intent will be permanently excluded from the policy.
How Does ICICI Pru Cancer Protect Work?
Mr. Gautam, a 36-year-old businessman, purchased ICICI Pru Cancer/Heart Protect Policy for himself. Let us find out how much premium amount he has to pay to avail of the benefits of the policy for the given data.
|Cancer cover||Rs. 30 lakhs|
|Heart cover||Rs. 20 lakhs|
|Total cover||Rs. 50 lakhs|
|Policy term||20 years|
|Add on||Hospital Cash Benefit|
|Premium payment frequency||Yearly|
|Payable premium amount including applicable taxes||Rs. 10019|
Cancer cover – Rs. 3443/yearly
Heart cover – Rs. 6576/yearly
Frequently Asked Questions
Benefits under Heart cover will be payable only if the Life Assured survives for a period of 7 days from the date of diagnosis of any of the listed conditions under Heart cover. There is no survival period for Cancer coverage.
The conditions are:
- Hospitalization should be on the recommendation of a registered medical practitioner to seek medical intervention due to any of the listed conditions.
- This benefit is payable on an admissible claim of any of the listed conditions and where Life Assured is hospitalized for the same condition.
- Subsequent hospitalization arising due to further complications or follow-up of the already covered condition will only be covered subject to the maximum limit mentioned above.
- In case of a claim under Hospital Benefit due to listed conditions of anyone cover, the pay-out will be made for that cover, and the Hospital Benefit due to listed conditions under another cover remains unaffected/unutilized.
- The allowance of a number of days of hospitalization under each cover cannot be clubbed and availed of for anyone cover.
Loadings for various modes of premium payment are given below:
|Mode of premium payment||Loading (As a percentage of premium)|
Yes, you can purchase this policy online.