Aditya Birla Global Health Secure Plan
Aditya Birla Global Health Secure has been introduced to provide the best international healthcare treatment to the insured and his/her loved ones, no matter where it is, outside India. Global Health Secure covers the insured members against medical expenses arising from an international treatment for 16 major illnesses related to Cancer, Heart disease, and more. This plan gives freedom to avail of cashless treatment internationally across the network for major listed illnesses. One can also get access to state-of-the-art health facilities and world-class medical professionals when you plan for a global treatment for any of the 16 critical illnesses covered. To know more about this plan, have a look at the following mentions.
|Age at entry
Minimum – 91 days
Maximum – 65 years
|Individual basis and multi-individual basis
|Sum insured options
|Rs. 300 lakhs and Rs. 600 lakhs
What are the key highlights of Aditya Birla Global Health Secure?
This plan has come up with a sack full of benefits and facilities. The important ones are mentioned below.
Post-hospitalization Medical Expenses:
Coverage for medical expenses up to 30 days incurred after hospitalization, like prescribed medicines.
Organ Donor Expenses:
Covers surgery costs for organ transplantation in the preferred international destination. Maximum up to sum insured.
Travel Expenses Covered:
Covers transportation from the place of residence to the international destination of treatment and back. For the insured person, accompanying attendant, and living donor. Maximum up to sum insured.
Accommodation Expenses Covered:
Accommodations for the insured person and/or accompanying attendant or the living donor are covered in the city of treatment. Maximum up to sum insured.
Visa Documentation Guidance:
Get guidance concerning visa documentation for the purpose of any medically necessary treatment abroad.
International Second E-opinion for Major Illness:
Avail an e-opinion from the company’s panel of internationally available medical practitioners.
There are multiple long-term discounts available under this policy.
- For a 2-year policy: 7.5% of premium
- For a 3-year policy: 10% of premium
General Exclusions of Aditya Birla Global Health Secure
Before buying an insurance plan, it is very important to know and understand the exclusions of the policy for which it does not offer any coverage to avoid any future problems. So, to avoid future complexities and claim denial, here are the general exclusions of Aditya Birla Global Health Secure.
- Any self-inflicted injury, suicide, or suicide attempt falls under the category of exclusions.
- Diagnosis expenses not related to the current diagnosis and treatment are not covered by the plan.
- If you are having bed rest and do not have any medical treatment for the disease, it is not covered by the policy.
- Any treatment cost related to obesity control will not be compensated by the policy.
- Any unrecognized or unauthorized medical procedure is to be excluded and the doctor, surgeon, or medical practitioner has to be licensed and registered.
- Coronary heart disease, severe sleep apnoea, baldness, alopecia, wigs, and toupees are excluded from the policy.
- Any treatment or surgery related to gender treatment will not be reimbursed by the company.
- Cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery are not covered by the plan.
- If you take part in any kind of hazardous activities or adventurous sports like sky diving, para-gliding, scuba diving, etc., and gain injury from that, that is not covered by the plan.
- Injury incurred due to the participation in any unlawful act or due to war, war-like situation, riots, public unrest, etc, will not be covered by the policy.
- Treatments for the consumption of alcohol, drug, or any intoxicating substance are excluded.
- If you receive treatment for the correction of eyesight due to refractive error less than 7.5 dioptres, it will be under the exclusions.
- Gestational Surrogacy and reversal of sterilization are excluded.
Buying Process of Aditya Birla Global Health Secure
One can buy this policy easily through Probus Insurance by following the below easy steps.
- Go to the official website of Probus Insurance Company.
- On the homepage, there will be the Individual Health Plan option. Click on that.
- Select the insurer, Aditya Birla Health Insurance, from the list of insurance providers available on the right side of the page.
- On the landing page, put the required details such as age, gender, Pincode, etc., and click on the continue option.
- Provide other necessary details as requested by the company.
- On the basis of the given details, the premium amount will be displayed.
- Check it thoroughly. If satisfied, pay the premium by choosing the most convenient option of online payment.
- Upon successful payment, download the policy document.
Claim Process of Aditya Birla Global Health Secure
The company has offered its consumers both types of health insurance claim procedures, namely Cashless and Reimbursement Processes. The details of both the procedures are given below.
For cashless claims, getting admitted to a network hospital of the company is mandatory. Follow the below steps to avail of the cashless claim process.
- As soon as the incident happens, one needs to inform the insurer about the same. For planned hospitalization, one needs to intimate the company 3 days before the hospitalization, and for emergency hospitalization, intimate the insurer within 48 hours of the occurrence.
- Upon reaching the hospital, one needs to show and submit the Aditya Birla Health Insurance Policy Cashless Card. Or one can also show the policy number at the hospital desk. Along with that, submit any valid photo identity proof such as a voter card, pan card, password, etc.
- After that, from the insurance desk of the chosen network hospital, get the pre-authorization request form. One can also download it from the official website of the company.
- Then, submit the duly filled and signed form to the hospital, and they will send the form to Aditya Birla Health Insurance.
- Once the company receives all the required documents, it will evaluate and assess the documents in accordance with the terms and conditions of the policy. If any extra document is required, the company will communicate the same.
- Once the evaluation and review process is done, and it is fair and transparent, the claim amount will be settled directly to the hospital by the insurer.
- If any discrepancy is found, the claim will be rejected, and the same will be communicated to you, stating the reason(s).
For this type of claim, one can choose any hospital of his/her choice. Here are the steps.
- One needs to inform the insurer 3 days prior to the hospitalization for planned hospitalization and within 48 hours for emergency hospitalization.
- Once admitted to the hospital, receive the required treatments and pay all the bills directly to the hospital. At the time of discharge, get the discharge certificate too, and preserve all the documents for future reference.
- Within 15 days of the discharge from the hospital, send all the necessary documents to the headquarter of Aditya Birla Health Insurance or any of the nearest branches of the company in their original form. The list of required documents is available on their official website.
- Once the company receives all the required documents, the claim will be initiated, and the documents will be reviewed and evaluated by the company according to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- If the claim is fair and justified, the claim amount will be sent to the registered bank account of the policyholder.
Frequently Asked Questions
All insured members under this policy shall mandatorily have a domestic (Indian) Health Insurance indemnity policy with a Sum Insured of 10 Lakhs or above.
The initial Waiting period is 30 days for all plans (not applicable in case of an accident and subsequent renewal). Specific Illnesses Waiting Period is 24 months. Pre-existing Diseases Waiting Period is 24/36/48 months.
Those are – cancer treatment, coronary artery by-pass surgery, heart valve replacement, major organ transplantation, bone marrow transplant, neurosurgery, pulmonary artery graft surgery, aorta graft surgery, Coronary Artery By-Pass surgery post occurrence of Myocardial Infraction, surgical treatment for stroke, surgical treatment for a benign brain tumor, Lung Transplant Surgery in case of End Stage Lung Disease, Kidney Transplant Surgery in case of End Stage Renal Failure, Skin grafting surgery for Major Burns, surgical treatment of coma, and Surgery for Pheochromocytoma.
Yes, in the unfortunate case of the death of the insured person abroad while undergoing treatment for a listed disease, the company will reimburse the actual cost of repatriation of mortal remains as per the eligibility to his/her permanent address for a local burial or cremation at the place where the death has occurred.