ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is one of India’s most well-known private general insurance businesses. It has repeatedly received awards for its customer-centric approach and product offerings over the years. ICICI Lombard Co. Ltd brings to the Indian market the best ICICI Lombard health insurance plans, making it a robust force in the health insurance industry. Their Health Insurance plan offers full coverage for hospitalization, childcare operations, medical care at home (domiciliary hospitalization), ambulance charges, pre-and post-hospitalization, and other expenses.
The ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance plan is a comprehensive health insurance option that covers both the proposer and his or her family. Optional coverage is also available. Customers can choose to add critical illness coverage to their base plan to make their coverage more comprehensive.
Key Highlights of the Company
Here are the key highlights of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance-
|Incurred Claim Ratio||69.90 (2019-20)|
|Network Hospitals||9300 +|
|Corporate Address||CICI Lombard House, 414, Veer Savarkar Marg, Near Siddhi Vinayak Temple, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400025.|
|Customer Helpline Number||Toll Free: 1800 2666|
|Awards & Recognitions|
Types of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
The ICICI Lombard offers a diverse selection of health insurance plans to meet a variety of consumer healthcare demands. Some of the types of health insurance policies offered by ICICI are as follows:
- ICICI Lombard complete health insurance
- Health Booster
- Personal Protect
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, ICICI Lombard
- Corona Kavach Policy, ICICI Lombard
- Saral Surakhsha Bima, ICICI Lombard
The ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance policy protects you from unexpected medical costs. It has a family floater option that allows you to cover your entire family under one policy. You can customize your family health insurance coverage to meet your specific medical needs, such as critical illness coverage, maternity coverage, outpatient care coverage, donor expenditures coverage, and so on.
Features and Benefits of ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance
Here are the salient features and benefits of ICICI Lombard complete health insurance-
- COVID-19 hospitalization is covered
The company’s health insurance covers hospitalization costs due to COVID-19, which protects your family against the pandemic. As a result, if you purchase our health insurance for parents or family, you and your loved ones will be protected against the pandemic 15 days after your policy begins.
- No co-payment required
When you have a health plan with a co-pay provision, you must pay a portion of the covered hospitalization expenditures at the time of claim. However, there is no co-pay with our individual and family health insurance.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered
Pre-existing diseases are covered immediately after 2 years from the policy start date if you choose a plan with a sum insured of 3 lakh or more, which is one of the reasons why our insurance is one of the most popular health policies.
- You can avail of unlimited reset benefit
If the balance sum covered under your family health plan is insufficient for future claims by you or a family member, the company will increase it to 100% of the base sum insured.
- No capping on room rent
When it comes to your rehabilitation, no one wants to make a sacrifice. As a result, even a private ward is covered by their family insurance. So, if you require seclusion to recuperate quickly, choose their family floater health policy.
- Fast, convenient cashless claims
The company provides cashless authorization and discharge authorization within a 60-minute turnaround time in the case of treatment at our network hospitals. You may concentrate completely on getting better, without having to wait or be concerned.
|Entry Age||18 years||No Limit|
|Sum Insured||3 lakhs||50 lakhs|
Health Booster is a super-top-up health insurance plan that pays your medical bills when your primary insurance plan fails. This sort of policy provides a bigger sum insured for a lesser premium. It boosts your health insurance without putting a strain on your wallet.
Features & Benefits of Health Booster Insurance Plan
Here are the features and benefits of a health booster insurance plan;
- Savings safeguarding
It protects your savings to a larger extent. You can concentrate exclusively on your rehabilitation rather than the cost of treatment.
- Convalescence Allowance
The company pays a predetermined benefit amount if you are hospitalized for 10 days or more. This reward is only available once every policy year.
- Critical Illness Insurance
The company pays a lump-sum amount when you are diagnosed with a specific critical illness for the first time. This benefit is only available once and is subject to a 90-day waiting period.
- Rehabilitation Coverage for Temporary Total Disability (TTD)
You will get a defined benefit amount for rehabilitation in the event of an accident resulting in temporary total disablement. This will be paid out once a week for up to ten weeks.
A super top-up health insurance plan is less expensive than a basic plan with a higher coverage limit.
|Entry Age||18 years||No Limit|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 5 Lakhs||Rs. 50 Lakhs|
3. ICICI Lombard Personal Protect
Your Personal Protect policy will cover you globally in the event of accidental death or permanent total disability (PTD) caused by an accident. The plan provides financial assistance for expenditures incurred as a result of an accident and even covers you if you are permanently disabled as a result of an accident.
Features & Benefits of Personal Protect Health Insurance Policy
Here are the features and benefits of a personal protect health plan-
- Reimbursement for Accidental Hospitalization Expenses
Medical expenses incurred within 7 days of the date of the accident in the event of hospitalization (minimum of 24 hours) due to injury.
- Daily Hospital Allowance (Accidental)
Per day allowance paid to the insured person each day during hospitalization following the insured occurrence, up to 30 days in total, with a one-day deductible.
- No medical examination is required
You can obtain a Personal Protect policy without having to undergo any medical examinations.
- A Multitude of Things Covered: The coverage covers a variety of accidents, including those caused by cars, trains, or natural disasters, as well as those caused by terrorism or terrorist acts.
|Age||18 years||65 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 3 Lakhs||Rs. 25 Lakhs|
4. ICICI Lombard Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
ICICI Lombard’s Arogya Sanjeevani Policy covers your medical expenditures if you are hospitalized. It’s ideal for covering your basic healthcare requirements. It also allows you to cover your family as a floater. You can take advantage of our 24-hour customer service to settle your cashless claims with the company.
Features & Benefits of Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
The features and benefits of Arogya Sanjeevani Policy-
- Floater benefit:
By paying a single floater premium, you can extend the coverage of your single insurance to your entire family (legally married spouse, dependent parents and parents-in-law, and dependent children). Any child over the age of three months can be insured under the policy as long as one adult is also covered.
- Tax benefits:
Section 80D allows you to deduct up to ₹25,000 for protecting your health and the health of your dependent parents and children. Senior citizens are eligible for a tax break of up to ₹50,000.
- Lifelong renewability:
The ability to renew your coverage year after year without a maximum age limit.
- Cumulative bonus:
Every claim-free year earns you 5% more sum insured, up to a maximum of 50% more sum insured for the same payment.
- Free look period:
Cancellation of the insurance must be done in writing within 15 days of receipt of the policy.
|Age||18 years||65 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 1 Lakh||Rs. 5 Lakhs|
5. ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Policy
Corona Kavach Policy is a Covid-19-specific policy that covers your hospitalisation expenses, such as hospital room rent, nursing costs, operation costs, specialist fees, and more. This insurance policy also covers Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) inpatient care treatment for Covid-19, if you prefer alternative treatment.
Features & Benefits of Corona Kavach policy
Here are the features and benefits of the Corona Kavach Policy;
Gives You Flexibility Options
Depending on your needs, you can choose a policy term of 3.5 months (105 days), 6.5 months (195 days), or 9.5 months (285 days).
· Provides Cashless Services
Any of the network hospitals can provide you with cashless hospitalization or home care services.
|Age||18 years||65 years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 50,000||Rs. 5 Lakhs|
6. ICICI Lombard Saral Suraksha Bima
Saral Suraksha Bima is a type of personal accident insurance that covers death and permanent total or partial disability as a result of an accident. Optional add-ons for temporary total disablement and unintentional hospitalization expenses are also available.
Features & Benefits of Saral Suraksha Bima
Here are the features and benefits of Saral Suraksha Bima;
1. Lump-sum benefit pay-out
In the event of an insured person’s accidental death or permanent total disablement, Saral Suraksha Bima pays out 100 percent of the policy sum covered.
2. Reliable protection for savings
You can use this coverage if you are permanently disabled and unable to work as a result of an accident. The reimbursement you will receive will aid in the preservation of your funds.
|Age||18 years||70 years|
|Sum Insured||NA||Rs. 1 crore|
Why Should You Choose ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans?
The following are the reasons to choose ICICI Lombard health insurance plans:
1. Comprehensive Coverage
ICICI’s health insurance policies are specifically intended to meet a wide range of demands, providing comprehensive coverage as well as a good set of add-on possibilities.
2. Cashless Benefit
ICICI Lombard has partnered with over 9300 network hospitals to provide its customers with cashless treatments when they are admitted to one of these hospitals. The company also approves cashless claims within a few hours after claim notification, making the entire claim procedure short and uncomplicated.
3. Coverage against Medical Expenses
ICICI Lombard’s health insurance plans provide all of the necessary coverage advantages, ensuring that you don’t have to pay for medical bills out of pocket. The plans cover expenses such as hotel rent, doctor’s fees, surgical fees, and so on that are incurred during hospitalization.
4. Additional Benefit of Free Health Checkup
Almost every ICICI Lombard plan includes a free health check-up as a standard feature. This check-up is given after one to four years of coverage and permits covered members to keep their health.
5. Rewards Program
The ICICI Lombard Health Insurance coverage has an appealing rewards scheme that provides incentives for making good lifestyle choices. This is part of the company’s newly announced Wellness Program. This campaign allows policyholders to earn wellness points.
How To Calculate Premium of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance?
All ICICI health insurance premium rates may now be computed quickly and conveniently. Customers can calculate their insurance premium online and get fast price quotes for their insurance policy, just like they can with the buying procedure. The processes to compute the ICICI Lombard health insurance premium online are outlined below.
1. Visit the official website of ICICI General Insurance Company.
2. Click on the ‘health insurance’ tab.
3. You will see a premium calculator on the page.
4. You will then need to enter the relevant details.
5. After that, click on the ‘get quote’ button.
6. The next page will display the different health insurance plan options, namely iHealth, Health Shield, Health Elite.
7. Select a plan that suits your requirements.
8. Submit the remaining details regarding your lifestyle habits, name and email address.
9. The calculator will display an estimated amount of your health insurance policy premiums.
To help you understand better, we’ve created below a tabular representation of different premium rates of ICICI Lombard Insurance.
|Gender of the policyholder||Name of the policyholder||Age of the policyholder||Sum Insured Amount||Premium Rate|
|Female||Chicky||26 years||Rs. 5,00,000||Rs. 7,119|
|Male||Abhishek||30 years||Rs. 10,00,000||Rs. 8,485|
|Male||Dhruv||34 years||Rs. 15,00,000||Rs. 8,588|
|Male||Raghav||40 years||Rs. 20,00,000||Rs. 12,010|
|Female||Srishti||50 years||Rs. 30,00,000||Rs. 20,251|
|Male||Piyush||60 years||Rs. 50,00,000||Rs. 50,460|
Note: Please note that the premiums given in this table are included with a 5% of discount.
How To Buy CICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans?
Customers can now purchase ICICI health insurance policies online via the company’s official website at their leisure, as previously said. The following is a step-by-step overview of the online purchasing process:
- Visit the official website of ICICI General Insurance Company.
- Simply click on the ‘health insurance’ tab.
- You will see a premium calculator on the page.
- Fill in your details in the calculator and click on the ‘get quote’ button.
- The next page will display the different health insurance plan options.
- Select a plan that suits your requirements.
- Additional information, such as your living habits, name, and email address, should be included.
- Examine the cost of the premium or the coverage you wish to purchase.
- Select the ‘purchase’ option to create an account, after which you must make a payment.
- After you’ve paid the premium amount, the firm will send the policy paperwork to your registered email address.
If you prefer to purchase the coverage in person, please go to the nearest ICICI branch. When you visit the branch, you will receive all of the insurance information that you require.
If you continue to have issues, though, you can contact Probus Insurance for assistance.
How To File a Claim Against ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Policy?
Customers can claim their ICICI Lombard health insurance in the following two ways:
1. Cashless Claim Process
2. Reimbursement Claim Process
For more precise information, let’s take a look at both these processes in detail.
Cashless Claim Process
The claims for ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance are serviced by ICICI Lombard Health Care which is nothing but the claim processing portal of ICICI Lombard. The goal of the platform has always been to provide the greatest policies and services to their loyal customers, and ICICI Lombard Health Care is a step toward that goal. Simply present your health ID card at any ICICI Lombard Health Care network hospital to receive cashless services in the event of an emergency or planned hospitalization.
Call 1800 2666, our toll-free number available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For treatment in non-cashless hospitals, complete the form after discharge from the hospital and send it to the ICICI Lombard Health Care office together with the originals of the following documents:
The standard list of documents
• Signed claim form by both you and the medical practitioner.
Original hospital / medical practitioner invoices, receipts, and discharge certificate / card
• Original chemist bills accompanied by a valid prescription.
• Original test reports and payment receipts from the investigation.
• Papers for indoor cases.
• A letter from a physician recommending hospitalization in non-accident instances.
• Any additional documents that ICICI Lombard Health Care may want to investigate the claim or their responsibility to pay for it.
Reimbursement Claim Process
Let’s take a look at the reimbursement claim process;
All claims must be reported 48 hours before admission and within 24 hours of admission in the event of an emergency.
• Submit an urgent claim by texting ‘HEALTHCLAIM’ to 575758 (charge – 3 per SMS), calling 18002666, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Send the company your completed claim form and required papers (signed by both you and your treating doctor).
• Your claim request will then be reviewed by the firm (as per policy terms and conditions).
• If your claim is allowed, the firm will settle it (as per the policy terms and circumstances) and reimburse you the approved amount.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Visit the customer portal section of the Bajaj Allianz website.
- Visit @ “Change Policy Details”.
- Enter your policy number and click on the option “Change in Address”.
- Now, update the address accordingly.
You can check the progress of your claim on Bajaj Allianz’s official website. Simply enter the claim reference number that you were given at the time of registration.
The premium under the Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance policy can be paid majorly through three ways:
- By cheque or by cash
- Online method
Yes. Under a few plans of Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance, the policyholder will receive newborn babies and maternity coverage.
- First Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
- Kidney Failure
- Major Organ Transplant
- Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Aorta Graft Surgery
- Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms
- Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension