Care Health Insurance (Formerly Religare Health Insurance)
Care Health Insurance, formerly known as Religare health insurance company is a renowned health insurance company in India. The company offers a rich variety of health insurance products to a large group of customers including corporate employees, individual customers, and financial inclusion. This insurance company began its operations recently in 2012 and within just a short span of time, it has established a nationwide presence in India.
Key Highlights Of The Company
|Incurred claim ratio (2019-20)||59.13|
|No. of policies sold (2019-20)||807,660|
|Claim settlement ratio||95.2%|
|Recent achievements||‘Best Health Insurance Company’ award by the ABP News-BFSI Awards in 2015|
List of Care Health Insurance Plans (Formerly Religare Health Insurance)
The health insurance products offered by Care Health insurance company are excellent in quality and have been appreciated greatly in the market. As we’ve already discussed above, this company offers a wide variety of plans in the health insurance category. Here’s a list of those plans:
Care Plus Youth Health Insurance Plan
Care Advantage Health Insurance
Care Joy Health Insurance
Care Plus – Complete Health Insurance Plan
Care Senior Citizen Health Insurance
Care Family Healthcare Insurance
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
Critical Illness Insurance
Care for 45+
Care Enhance- Super Top Up Health Insurance Plan
1. Care Plus Youth Health Insurance Plan
Care Plus Youth Health Insurance is a health insurance policy that is designed to help youngsters in dealing with huge costs that arise while getting a medical treatment in India. The plan provides comprehensive coverage to ensure timely treatment and financial protection during a medical emergency.
- Wider coverage: To ensure wider coverage, the plan is available in a wide range of sum insured options ranging from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 25 lakh.
- New aged benefits: The plan comes with a variety of new aged benefits such as unlimited e-consultation, Earn & Burn Reward program, and a health portal.
- Annual health checkup: The policy allows customers to get free health checkup for all the insured members once in a policy year.
Individual plan- 5 years
Family Floater- 91 Days with at least 1 member of age 18+
Adult- 35 Years
Child- 24 Years
|Tenure Options||1 year|
|Premium Payment Term||Single|
2. Care Advantage Health Insurance
This insurance policy is designed to help customers avail of quality medical treatment in a quick and convenient manner by offering them 1 crore family health insurance cover along with two more health coverage options with a sum insured of Rs 25 Lakh and Rs 50 Lakh, respectively.
- Hospitalization expenses: The policy provides coverage for the expenses incurred by the policyholder while getting medical treatment at a hospital.
- Daycare Treatment Cover: The daycare treatment expenses that are incurred on a daily basis while hospitalization of the policyholder are also covered under this policy.
Adult- 5 years
Child- 91 days (floater policy)
|Adult- Lifelong Child- 24 years|
3. Care Joy Health Insurance
Care joy health insurance is a specially designed maternity insurance plan that offers comprehensive coverage for hospitalization and delivery-related expenses to expecting mothers.
- Maternity Cover: This plan provides coverage for the expenses incurred during both pre and post pregnancy care periods.
- New Born Baby Cover: In addition to maternity coverage, the plan also provides newborn baby cover from delivery to 90 days after the birth of the child.
- New Born Baby Defects: The plan also provides coverage in the form of a lump sum payment if in case the newborn child gets diagnosed with some serious defects such as Down’s Syndrome or Cerebral Palsy.
|Entry age||18 years||45 Years|
4. Care Plus- The Complete Health insurance Plan
Care Plus- The Complete Health insurance Plan is a comprehensive health insurance plan that is specially designed for people with no upper age limit. It provides inflation-proof coverage with no co-payment clause along with several new-age benefits.
- Sum insured options: The plan comes with a wide range of sum insured options ranging from Rs 3 lakhs to Rs 25 lakhs.
- No claim bonus: For every claim-free year, the customers can avail 50% increase in their sum insured amount for a maximum up to 200% of the sum insured.
- Personal accident coverage: The plan also provides personal accident coverage up to the sum insured amount for the primary insured member.
Individual: 36 years
Floater: 91 Days with at least 1 member of age 36+
Child : 24 Years
|Tenure Option||1 year|
This is a comprehensive health insurance plan that is specifically designed for senior citizens above the age of 60 years to help them stay financially protected and avail the best medical treatment. The plan comes at an affordable premium rate and offers maximum coverage.
- No pre-policy medical checkup: There is no need for any pre-policy medical checkup while buying this policy.
- COVID-19 Cover: The policy also includes coverage for COVID-19 hospitalization which helps senior citizens in staying protected during the pandemic.
- Special discounts: In order to reduce the premium rates, this policy offers a variety of discounts to senior citizens such as a multi-year policy and smart select.
|Entry age||60 years||No Upper Limit|
6. Care Cancer Mediclaim
Care Cancer Mediclaim is an indemnity-based health plan that provides financial security against the medical expenses incurred during the treatment of cancer. This plan provides comprehensive coverage for various healthcare expenditures including hospitalization charges, surgeries, chemotherapy, etc.
- Sum Insured options: This plan comes with a variety of sum insured options ranging from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 2 crore.
- No Claim Bonus: Customers can avail extra benefits in the form of a ‘bonus’ for every claim-free year.
- Lifelong renewability: The plan allows policyholders to enjoy continued coverage for a lifetime through successive policy renewals.
|Entry age||18 years||50 years|
7. Care Health Insurance Plan for Family
This is a family floater health insurance plan that offers comprehensive coverage for the policyholder and their immediate family members including spouse, dependent children and parents.
- Add-on Benefits: This health insurance plan comes with a range of optional benefits such as OPD Care, unlimited automatic recharge, no claim bonus super, air ambulance, and many more
- Ease of adding family members: There is no maximum entry age restriction in this policy which allows policyholders to include their entire family members in one policy and that too very easily.
|Entry age||91 days||No upper age|
8. Care Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
This is a standard health insurance plan introduced by IRDAI that is highly affordable and provides health insurance cover for a sum insured amount of Rs. 5 lakhs. Arogya sajeevani by Care Health Insurance Company comes with two options- individual and family floater.
- Modern medical treatment cover: The plan covers medical costs for several new age treatment procedures including oral chemotherapy, robotic surgeries, deep brain stimulation and immunotherapy.
- Cataract treatment cover: Cataract treatment cover for a maximum amount of Rs. 40,000 or upto 25% of sum insured is also included in this policy.
Individual: 5 years
Family floater: 3 months with at least one member above 18 years
|No upper age|
9. Care Critical Illness Insurance
Care critical illness insurance is an individual and family health indemnity cover that provides coverage against 32 life threatening critical illnesses that are pre-defined in the policy.
- Psychiatric counselling: To ensure speedy recovery of the patients, the plan offers special psychiatric counselling sessions.
- Covers 32 critical illnesses: The policy provides comprehensive protection by covering 32 critical illnesses including cancer, stroke, end-stage renal failure and many more.
Individual: 5 years
Family floater: 91 days with at least one member above 18 years
10. Care 45+ health Plan
Care 45+ is a health Insurance plan designed for people above the age group of 45. This plan provides comprehensive coverage at an affordable premium.
- Sum insured options: The plan provides a variety of sum insured options ranging from Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Annual health checkups: All the insured persons under this plan are eligible to avail the facility of free health check up annually.
- Automatic recharge: This policy allows customers to reinstate the entire sum insured amount of their policy if in case they run out of their health coverage due to the claims made by them.
Family floater: 91 days with at least one member above 45 years
Adult: 60 years
Child: 24 years
Care Heart is a specially designed health insurance policy that provides coverage to the policyholder when they are diagnosed with /or undergoes any cardiac ailment. This plan is a perfect fit for individuals who have pre-existing heart ailments.
- Annual cardiac health check-ups: The policy provides the facility of annual health checkups for the insured members to assess the presence of any comprehensive cardiac or any other heart-related ailments.
- Automatic Recharge: Customers can enjoy the benefit of an automatic recharge facility under which they can reinstate the entire sum insured amount if in case they utilize their maximum coverage amount.
|Entry age||18 years||Lifelong|
12. Care Freedom
Care Freedom is a special health insurance plan that provides comprehensive protection to individuals suffering from medical problems like obesity, diabetes, hypertension and high blood pressure.
- Annual health check-ups: This policy allows customers to avail free health check-up sessions which include complete blood sugar, urine routine, blood groups, kidney failure and ECG check-ups.
- Consumable allowance: The plan also offers a consumable allowance for upto 7 days which helps customers to meet their day to day hospitalization expenses.
Care Freedom Plan 1:
Adult- 18 years, Child- 90 days
Care Freedom Plan 2:
Individual- 46 years
Floater: Eldest insured person 46 years
Other adults: 18 years, Child- 90 days
Child- 24 years
Super top-up health insurance is a type of insurance plan that allows customers to enhance their existing insurance policy by providing additional coverage to the policy.
- Long term discounts: This policy allows customers to enjoy long term discounts if they buy the policy for long terms like 1 year, 2 year or 3 years.
- Enhance anywhere benefit: The plan also has an “enhance anywhere’’ benefit under which they can get selected medical treatment anywhere across the world.
Adults: 18 years, Child: 5 to 24 years
Adults: 18 years, Child: 1 day to 24 years
Why go for Care health insurance?
Claim Settlement Ratio
One of the most important factors related to health insurance is claim settlement. Customers are always advised to select an insurer who has a good claim paying history. Fortunately, Care health insurance is really good in terms of settling customer’s claims. The company has a quick, easy and hassle-free claim settlement process. In addition to it, the Care insurance company has a claim settlement ratio of 95.22% This ratio reflects that around 95% claims of the company got settled during the financial year 2019-2020.
It is always suggested that insurance policies should be purchased from a trusted and financially stable insurance provider. This helps in making sure that the provider has enough funds to settle all the future payments of its customers in the long run. And for this, the IRDAI has designed a very useful parameter called ‘solvency ratio’. This ratio helps in measuring the company’s ability to meet its long-term debt obligation. Thankfully, Care is one of the few health insurance providers who has been able to maintain a good solvency ratio. The current solvency ratio of this company is 1.53.
A special achievement of Care Health Insurance company is that this company has been able to establish a nationwide presence within just a short span of its incorporation. Customers can easily locate their nearest branch by visiting the official website of the company.
How to calculate Care health insurance premium?
An important factor to consider before buying any insurance plan is calculating its premium amount. Customers should always opt for a plan that comes at an affordable premium range for them. An additional advantage of buying Care health insurance plans is that customers can calculate the premium of their insurance policy beforehand by visiting the official website of the company. Given below are the steps to do the same.
- Visit the official website of the company.
- Pick the ‘health insurance’ section from the menu bar.
- Select your desired plan.
- Enter your details on the ‘Get Quote’ section located on the right side of the page.
- The next page will show details of the premium amount for the plan that you’ve selected.
How to buy Care health insurance plans (Formerly Religare Health Insurance)?
The buying process for Care Health insurance plans is very simple and easy. Customers can purchase their desired plan either online from the official website of the Care Insurance company or by visiting it’s nearest branch. In order to buy the policy online, follow the points stated below:
- Visit the official website of the company and pick your desired plan.
- Submit all your required details.
- Click on ‘Generate health insurance quote’
- Check your plan details. You can also customize it, if required.
- Fill in your relevant details and submit the documents.
- Pay the premium amount using secured online payment modes.
Once the payment is received by the company, it will send the policy documents along with an e-card at your registered email address.
In case the customer can’t buy or faces any problem in buying the policy online, he/she can also purchase it by visiting any nearest branch of Care Health Insurance.
With Care Health insurance plans, customers can easily get their policies renewed online within just a span of a few minutes. Given below is a step by step guide for renewing health insurance policy online-
Step 1: Visit the official website of the company
Step 2: Click on the ‘Renew’ tab available at the top menu bar of the page.
Step 3: Enter your policy details.
Step 4: You will be redirected to the next page where you can check your plan’s summary and make the changes if required.
Step 5: Submit your payment fee.
After receiving the payment, the company will send a notification and your updated policy documents to your registered email address.
Care Health Insurance company adopts a very simplified claim procedure to help its customers enjoy a hassle-free claim settlement experience and stay stress-free. There are two procedures for filing a claim- Reimbursement and Cashless claim. Given below is a detailed description of the claim process of both these procedures. Let’s take a look-
Cashless Claim Process
- In case of emergency hospitalization, the customer has to inform the company within 24 hours of their admission. However, if the hospitalization is planned, then they should intimate the company 48 hours prior to the admission.
- Fill the first section of the Pre-Authorization form that will be available at the hospital’s Insurance/TPA desk form.
- Hand over the signed Pre-Authorization form to the hospital’s Insurance/TPA desk.
- The in-house medical team of the company will review the case and documents submitted by the hospital.
- Once the claim request for reimbursement of expenses is approved, the customer will be duly intimated by the company.
Reimbursement Claim Process
- In case of emergency, intimate the company within 24 hours of admission. In case of planned hospitalization, customers have to intimate the company 48 hours prior to their admission.
- Submit the following set of documents while providing intimation about the claim:
- Policy Holder’s Name.
- Claimant’s Name & Customer ID.
- Hospital details.
- Diagnosis and Treatment details.
- Approximate claim amount.
- Date of admission
- Submit the following documents –
- Duly completed and signed Claim form, in original
- Valid photo-id proof
- Referral letter advising Hospitalization
- Prescription list advising drugs/diagnostic tests/consultation
- Original bills, receipts and Discharge card from the Hospital
- Pharmacy bills
- Original pathological/diagnostic tests reports and payment receipts
- Indoor case papers
- First information Report, final police report, if applicable
- Post mortem report, if conducted
- Any other document as required by the company to assess the claim
- The in-house medical team of the company will review the case and documents submitted by the customer.
- Once the claim request for reimbursement of expenses is approved, the customer will be duly intimated by the company.
Please note that the claim form and additional documents should be sent at the following address:
Care Health Insurance Limited (formerly known as Religare Health Insurance Company Limited),
Unit No. 604 – 607, 6th Floor, Tower C, Unitech Cyber Park,
Sector-39, Gurugram-122001 (Haryana)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, according to IRDAI’s regulations, all insurers are required to provide the provision of Health Insurance Portability to their customers. Here is a step-by-step guide you can refer to port your Care health insurance plans:
Step 1: Submit the duly filled portability form with the existing insurance details.
Step 2: Fill up the proposal form with relevant details and submit the required documents along with it.
Step 3: The requisite data will be furnished on the official portal of IRDAI.
Step 4: The new insurance company will underwrite the proposal and inform the policyholder within 15 days.
Care health insurance plans have a grace period of 30 days and during this duration, the plan does not expire even if the premium payment is not made. However, once the grace period is over and payment is still not progressing, then the policy will terminate.
Yes, Care health insurance plans come with a certain set of exclusions. Given below is a list of some general exclusions. For specific plan related exclusion, refer to the plan brochure.
- Expenses related to misuse or abuse of alcohol or drugs.
- Any treatment or medical expenses incurred within 30 days of policy period start date, except accidents.
- Medical treatment related to congenital diseases.
- Expenses arising due to self-inflicted injury or suicide.
- Treatments related to miscarriage and abortion.