Compare Premium. Buy Now.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
Digit Health Insurance
Incorporated in 2016, Digit General Insurance company is a pioneering insurer in India, which is backed by Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (a Canada-based financial services group). The company provides a comprehensive range of general insurance products through its digital platform, including health insurance, vehicle insurance, bike insurance, business insurance, shop insurance, and home insurance.
The company’s primary goal is to make health insurance as simple as possible for you. It achieves so by providing simple health insurance policies. By providing reasonable health insurance plans, Digit protects you and your family from losing all of your funds on healthcare bills in the event of medical exigencies.
Key Highlights of the Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio||75% (2019-2020)|
|Equity Share Capital||816.84 (As On March 31, 2020)|
|Premium Underwritten||1,767.86 (2019-20)|
|Solvency Ratio||3.24 (March 2020)|
|Corporate Address||Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095|
|Types Of Health Insurance Plans|
Types Of Digit Health Insurance Plans
1. Digit Health Insurance Plan
In case you are looking for a health insurance plan that covers your entire family under a single policy, Digit Health Insurance is the right option for you. The plan comes in two variants: Individual and Family Floater. Thanks to a slew of its perks, the plan assures that you or your family members do not have to worry about finances in the event of a medical emergency.
- Daycare Procedures: Medical expenses are covered for hospitalizations that last longer than 24 hours. This covers medical procedures performed at a hospital that take less than 24 hours to complete, thanks to technological advancements.
- Cumulative Bonus: If you go a year without filing a claim, Digit Health Insurance will increase your basic sum insured without raising your yearly health insurance premium.
- All Hospitalization Expenses: The plan pays for hospitalization costs in the event of an illness, an accident, or a critical illness. It can be used to cover multiple hospitalizations as long as the overall costs do not exceed your insurance limit.
|Road Ambulance Coverage||Up To Rs. 5,000|
2. Digit OPD Health Insurance
Digit OPD Health Insurance plan covers OPD, or Out-Patient Department, which includes diagnosis, consultations, and treatments for any disease or injury that does not require hospitalization.
- OPD Expenses: The plan provides coverage to various OPD expenses, such as surgical treatments, medicine bills, diagnostic fees, professional fees, and dental treatments.
- Additional Coverage: The plan also provides two additional covers to the policyholder: Maternity Benefit and Newborn Baby Cover.
- No Room Rent Capping: Digit OPD Health Insurance plan lets you have no room rent cap as long as it is less than your Sum Insured.
|Cumulative Bonus||10% For Every Claim Free Year|
|Road Ambulance Charges||Covered|
3. Digit Super Top-Up Health Insurance
The Digit Super Top-Up Health Insurance plan is an extension to your standard health insurance policy that kicks in when your basic health coverage is exhausted as a result of claims.
- Complementary Health Check-Up: The plan allows you to get reimbursed for any annual medical tests and checks you have at any hospital of your choice.
- Pre- & Post-Hospitalization Expenses: This covers all fees related to diagnosis, tests, and recovery both before and after hospitalization.
- Psychiatric Illness Coverage: If some one needs to be hospitalized for psychiatric treatment as a result of a trauma, this benefit will cover it. OPD consultations, on the other hand, are not covered under the plan.
|Sum Insured||Rs. 10 Lakhs To Rs. 20 Lakhs|
|Deductible Options||Rs. 1, 2, 3, & 5 Lakhs|
|Pre-Existing Illness Waiting Period||4/2 Years|
|ICU Room Rent||No Limit|
|Road Ambulance Charges||Covered|
4. Digit Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
The Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance is a basic health insurance plan that covers medical expenses ranging from Rs. 3 lakhs to 5 lakhs. Pre- and post-hospitalization fees, hospital room rent, ICU services, and even new age treatments are all covered under this policy. You can select between a family floater plan and individual insurance for you and your family with Digit’s Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance.
- Hospitalization Expenses: This comprises all pre and post-hospitalization expenses incurred as a result of an illness or accident, as well as COVID-19 treatment and hospitalization.
- AYUSH Treatment: Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and/or Homeopathy therapies are covered under this policy if they are conducted in a certified Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and/or Homeopathy hospital.
- Modern Treatments: Modern treatments such as balloon sinuplasty, immunotherapy, and stem cell therapy, amongst others, can be covered up to 50% of your total sum insured.
|Sum Insured||Rs. 3 Lakhs To Rs. 5 Lakhs|
|Premium||Starts @ Rs. 2,414 Per Year|
|Cumulative Bonus||5% Increase In Your SI For Every Claim-Free Year|
|Room Rent Capping||2% Of Sum Insured|
5. Digit Corporate Health Insurance Plan
Digit Corporate Health Insurance plan is for a group of individuals who work for the same company. Employees gain more from this policy since they can obtain health insurance without having to pay any premiums.
- Accidental Hospitalization: This covers all pre and post-hospitalization fees such as road ambulance charges, room rent, diagnostic expenses, daycare procedures, and so on in the event that your employee or their dependent is hospitalized due to an accident.
- Critical Illness Cover: The plan also includes a critical illness benefit, which will cover your employee and their family if they are diagnosed with any Critical Illnesses.
- COVID-19 Hospitalization: If your employee or a member of his or her family tests positive for COVID-9, this corporate health insurance will cover the costs of their hospitalization.
|Premium||Starts @ Rs. 1500 Per Employee|
|Lives Insured||45 Lakhs+|
Why Should You Choose Health Insurance Plans From Digit?
- 6400+ Network Hospitals
Digit has a network of more than 6400 hospitals where users can get cashless services. While the insured benefit from Digit by paying a cheaper price to network hospitals, the hospitals win by gaining more patients through the health insurer’s network. As a result, you won’t have to be concerned about making last-minute financial preparations.
- Want Hassle-Free Online Process?
Under Digit Health Insurance plans, everything is simple, quick, and paperless, from purchasing health insurance coverage to filing claims. There will be no hard copies required, even for claims!
- Stay Sure With Healthy Solvency Ratio!
The solvency ratio is an important indicator for determining a company’s capacity to meet debt and other obligations. All insurers must keep a healthy solvency ratio of 1.5, according to the IRDAI.
The solvency ratio of Digit Health Insurance was 3.24 as of March 2020. As a result, we may conclude that Digit Insurance company has a healthy net worth and a sustainable debt load.
- Strong Customer Support
Digit has a strong customer support team that works round the clock to solve various queries. For Digit health insurance claims, you can call at 1800-258-4242 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org For COVID-19 claims, you can call the same number or reach them at email@example.com. Moreover, for any other queries and claims, you can call 1800-103-4448 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Want COVID-19 Coverage? – Digit Has It All!
COVID-19 is covered as part of health insurance through Digit Health Insurance; therefore, you don’t need to get a separate coronavirus coverage. In case you or your family members are being tested positive for COVID-19, Digit will take care of the expenses arising out of the treatment.
- How About Doubling Your Sum Insured?
If your sum insured is exhausted and you need it again during the year, Digit will re-insure you.
- Maximize Your Tax Savings
Who doesn’t want to save money on taxes? Anyone who gets health insurance for themselves or their parents from Digit can claim tax savings on the annual premium under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- No Room Rent Restrictions
Digit very well understands that everyone has different preferences and choices. Therefore, the company has no room rent restrictions, which means that the policyholder can choose any hospital room as per his/her preferences.
- Want Reward For Every Claim Free Year?
For every claim-free year, the company gives rewards to its policyholders for staying healthy. The cumulative bonus benefit is granted in the year of renewal by increasing the sum insured amount. You also get a 20% extra Sum Insured for your first claim-free year.
- Additional Sum Insured Options – A Little More Is Always Better!
You can get additional coverage for accidental hospitalizations and critical illnesses at no cost with Digit Health Insurance Plans!
- No Age-Based Copayment
Digit health insurance does not charge a copayment based on your age. This implies you won’t have to spend anything out of your pocket when filing a health insurance claim.
How To Calculate The Premium For Digit Health Insurance Plans?
- Go to the official website of Digit General Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Click on the “Health” tab.
- Enter your pin code, phone number, and other details in the “View Prices” tab.
- Click on “View Prices”, enter your date of birth, and then click on “Continue”.
- Choose your sum insured option.
- The premium details will be displayed to you on the screen.
|30||Rs. 5 Lakhs|
For Smart Option: Rs. 3897/Year
For Comfort Option: Rs. 5,214/Year
|29||Rs. 10 Lakhs|
Smart: Rs. 5,375/Year
Comfort: Rs. 6.650/Year
|28||Rs. 5 Lakhs|
Smart: Rs. 3,762/Year
Comfort: Rs. 5,039/Year
|27||Rs. 10 Lakhs|
Smart: Rs. 5,216 Per Year
Comfort: Rs. 6,457 Per Year
|26||Rs. 10 Lakhs|
Smart: Rs. 5,156 Per Year
Comfort: Rs. 6,386 Per Year
What’s The Buying Process For Digit Health Insurance Plans?
- Visit the official website of Digit Health Insurance.
- Under the “Health” tab, enter your pin code, members you want to insure, mobile number, and then click on “View Prices”.
- Enter your date of birth and then click on “Continue”.
- Choose the sum insured option.
- Now, the page will display the premium details of your desired plan.
- Choose from the “Smart” or “Comfort” option, and then click on “Continue”.
- Enter your medical details, and then pay the premium online.
- Once your policy is confirmed, all of your policy details will be sent to the registered mail address.
How To Settle Claims For Digit Health Insurance Plans?
- Inform The Company: For planned hospitalization, inform the company at least 2 to 3 days before hospitalization. In case of emergency hospitalization, inform the company within 24 hours of hospitalization.
- Showing Health Card: Show your Digit health card to the hospital for identification proof.
- Submitting Pre-Authorization Request: Once your identity is confirmed by the hospital, it will submit a pre-authorization request to the Digit Health Insurance company.
- Reviewing Your Request: The company will then review your pre-authorization request and confirm the request to the hospital through the mail, call, fax, etc.
- Settling The Claim: Once your request is approved by the company, it will directly pay the hospital expenses.
- Informing The Company: In case you are admitted to a non-network hospital, inform the insurance company within two days of your date of admission.
- Upload The Soft Copies: A link will be then sent to you by the company, where the policyholder is required to upload all important and original documents. The insured also needs to submit bank details.
- Settling The Claim: Once your documents are verified by the insurance company, the company will then reimburse the amount within 30 days to the registered bank account of the policyholder.
- Valid ID proof
- KYC documents
- Original reports of diagnostic tests and radiology reports
- Payment receipts
- Original hospitals bills
- Discharge certificate
- Post mortem report (if any)
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Go to the official website of Digit Health Insurance.
- Click on the “Renewals” tab.
- Now log in to your account with the help of your mobile or policy number.
- Pay the premium online.
- Once done, you will receive your policy renewal details at your registered email address.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a Go Digit customer, you have the freedom to file as many claims as you like throughout a policy year, as long as the total value of all claims does not exceed the plan’s total sum insured amount.
If you have any questions about your claim, please contact Go Digit at 1800-103-4448 or 1800-258-5956, or send an email to email@example.com.
Yes. If you are not satisfied with the sum insured on your Digit family health insurance, you can have it amended. You can do the same when your coverage is up for renewal.
Yes, the Go Digit plan has a portability option that allows you to convert from any insurer’s health insurance policy to an individual health insurance policy or a family floater policy supplied by Go Digit General Insurance Company.