Compare Premium. Buy Now.
* Subject To Underwriting
Individual Health Insurance Plans
Bharti AXA Health Insurance
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Company Limited is a joint partnership between Bharti Enterprises (a well-known corporate conglomerate) and AXA Health Insurance Company Limited (a world leader in financial protection and wealth management). Bharti Enterprises owns 51 percent of the joint venture company, while the AXA Group owns 49 percent.
By leveraging the Bharti enterprises’ local expertise infrastructure and adapting to AXA’s best practice blueprints, Bharti AXA Health Insurance Company Limited provides a solid platform for efficient and profitable expansion. The organization offers a wide selection of insurance policies for individuals, family members, automobiles, and critical illness, to name a few, to meet the demands of each individual.
|Incurred Claim Ratio||78.33% (2019-2020)|
|Solvency Ratio||1.63 (March 2020)|
|Equity Share Capital||Rs. 2,009.58 Crores|
|Number Of Claims Settled||19,00,000+|
|Number Of Policies Sold||23,425 (In 2019-2020)|
|Number Of Branches Across India||167|
|Corporate & Registered Office Address||Unit No. 1902, 19th Floor, Parinee Crescenzo, ‘G’ Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, BKC Road, Near MCA Club, Bandra East, Mumbai-400051|
|Company’s Vision||To be the Preferred General Insurance Company for our Customers, Employees, Shareholders, Business Partners & Society.|
|Recent Awards & Recognitions|
|Types Of Plans|
Health Insurance Plans Offered By Bharti AXA?
1. Bharti AXA Health AdvantEdge Insurance
Specifically designed to cover your medical expenses and provide you with the freedom to receive high-quality care without worrying about costs, Bharti AXA Health AdvantEdge is a cutting-edge health insurance coverage.
The plan gives you and your family the most flexibility in customizing your plan to meet your specific needs. The plan is available in three different versions: Prime, Royal, and Apex.
- In-Patient Hospitalization: In-patient treatment is included up to the sum insured.
- Maternity Benefit: Maternity benefit is provided to the policyholder with a 9-month waiting period.
- Pre- & Post-Hospitalization Coverage: The plan covers the expenses occurring before and after hospitalization.
|Ayush Treatment||Up To Sum Insured (For All 3 Variants)|
|Guaranteed No Claim Bonus||20% Of Sum Insured|
2. Bharti AXA Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
- Pre- & Post-Hospitalization Expenses: The plan covers all pre- and post-hospitalization expenses of the policyholder up to 30 days and 60 days respectively.
- AYUSH Treatment: The plan covers in-patient care treatment under Yoga, Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy, and Naturopathy systems of medicines.
- Cataract Treatment: The plan also covers medical expenses occurring out of treatment for cataracts.
|Policy Period||1 Year|
|Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU) Expenses/Intensive Care Unit (ICU)||5% Of Sum Insured|
|Cataract Treatment||25% Of Sum Insured|
3. Bharti AXA Corona Kavach Policy
Besides taking measures to improve immunity, one also needs a health insurance plan that can provide protection against hospitalization expenses due to COVID-19. Bharti AXA Corona Kavach Policy is meticulously designed to protect yourself as well as your family members against COVID-19.
- Covid Hospitalization Coverage: The plan covers the hospitalization expenses arising out of COVID-19.
- Pre- & Post-Hospitalization Coverage: Any medical expenses occurring 15 days before hospitalization and 30 days from the date of discharge are covered under the plan.
- AYUSH Treatment: The plan also covers hospitalization expenses for AYUSH treatment for COVID-19.
|Policy Period||3.5 Months, 6.5 Months, & 9.5 Months|
|On-Road Ambulance Expenses||Rs. 2000 Per Hospitalization|
4. Bharti AXA Smart Health Assure
Bharti AXA Smart Health Assure Policy is one of the most popular health insurance policies, which is suitable for individuals who are looking for coverage up to 4 lakhs. Hospitalization costs, daycare therapies, in-patient treatments, and medical emergencies are all covered under the plan.
- Pre- & Post-Hospitalization Expenses: Under the plan, pre and post-hospitalization expenses of 60 and 90 days respectively are covered.
- Flexible Sum Insured: The plan comes with flexible sum insured options to cater to the different needs of different individuals.
- Free Cashless Reimbursement: The plan provides free cashless reimbursement from more than 4500 network hospitals.
|Sum Insured||Rs. 3 Lakhs To Rs. 4 Lakhs|
|Free Look-Up Period||15 Days|
|Policy Tenure||1 Year|
|Restoration Benefit||100% Of Sum Insured|
5. Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance
Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance is a comprehensive health plan that provides financial protection against a variety of hospitalization costs. The policy is available in three variants: Value, Classic, and Uber.
- In-Patient Treatment Coverage: The plan provides coverage for in-patient treatment including ICU charges, cost of operation theatre, diagnostic tests, etc.
- Pre- & Post-Hospitalization Expenses: The plan covers pre- and post-hospitalization expenses up to 60 and 90 days respectively.
- Day Care Treatment: Daycare treatment is also covered up to the sum insured.
|Sum Insured||Rs. 5 Lakhs To Rs. 7 Lakhs|
|Policy Period||1 Year, 2 Years, & 3 Years|
6. Smart Health Critical Illness Insurance
Without critical illness insurance, you may be forced to dive into your savings to pay for the costly treatment, jeopardizing your family’s future financial aspirations. With Bharti AXA Smart Health Critical Illness policy, you can eliminate financial strain and live a healthier life. The plan is primarily focused on providing insurance coverage to persons who are afflicted with life-threatening diseases of any kind.
- Organ Transplant: The expenses occurring due to organ transplantation are covered.
- Children Education Fund: The plan also provides Children Education Fund to the policyholder so that his/her children’s future remains secure.
- Hospitalization Coverage: Any kind of medical expenses due to hospitalization are covered under the policy.
|Number Of Critical Illnesses Covered||20|
7. Smart Individual Personal Accident Insurance
This is a policy that pays for expenses incurred as a result of an accident that causes the policyholder’s disability or death. This is a sensible insurance policy that covers both the insured and his or her family members.
- Permanent Total & Permanent Partial Disability: The plan covers permanent total or permanent partial disability arising due to an accident.
- Temporary Total Disability: The plan also covers temporary total disability due to an accident.
- Transportation Of Mortal Remains: The plan covers the transportation of mortal remains in case of an accident.
|Eligibility||Up To 65 Years Of Age|
|Double Benefit||200% Of Sum Insured|
Why Should Buy Health Insurance Plans From Bharti AXA?
Adequate Network Of Hospitals: In order to select a suitable health insurance policy, one should always look for the network hospitals. Bharti AXA provides an adequate network of 4500+ hospitals, in which you can avail yourself of cashless treatment without spending money from your own pocket.
Healthy Solvency Ratio: A solvency ratio is a metric used to assess a company’s ability to meet its financial obligations. As per IRDAI, it is now compulsory for insurance companies to maintain a solvency ratio of 1.5. As of March 2020, Bharti AXA Health Insurance company maintains a healthy solvency ratio of 1.63.
Comprehensive Coverage: You can choose from 17 various alternatives with Bharti AXA GI up to 1 crore of the sum insured. Under the plans, you can also get maternity benefits and medical protection for your infant. Aside from the medical insurance advantages, Bharti AXA’s health insurance coverage also includes free preventative health check-ups at renewal. The Health AvantEdge plan of Bharti AXA covers various life-threatening illnesses, such as cancer, first heart attack, major organ transplant, major burns, and kidney failure.
24/7 Claim Support: You may count on Bharti AXA’s health insurance policy to provide support at any time of day. You can contact the company’s toll-free number 1800-103-2292 or you can drop them an email at customer.service@ bhartiaxa.com.
Higher Claim Settlement Ratio: The claim settlement ratio is one statistic that may be used to assess a company’s claim settlement experience. Bharti AXA’s claim settlement ratio is 98.27%, thus depicting the company’s simple and quick procedure for resolving claims.
PAN India Presence: The company has 167 branches across India in order to ensure a hassle-free experience for the customers. You only need to find your nearest branch office and get any query solved there.
Lifelong Renewability: Under Bharti AXA Health Insurance plans, the policyholder is provided with the option to renew his/her plan for a lifetime.
Tax Benefits: With Bharti AXA Health Insurance plans, you can avail of tax deductions under Section 80 D of the Income Tax Act, 1961. The tax benefits are up to Rs. 55,000.
Medical Check-Ups: After every 4 claim-free years, 1% of the sum insured will be provided, which can be used for free health check-ups.
How To Calculate Premium For Bharti AXA Health Insurance?
Bharti AXA Health Insurance’s Premiums are calculated while taking into consideration the following factors:
Age: People who are younger are less likely to pay higher insurance premiums. As people get older, their risks of becoming ill grow, and their health insurance premiums rise in tandem.
Gender: Women are more likely than men to visit the doctor, especially between the ages of 15 and 44, and they are also more likely to be diagnosed with chronic diseases; over 20% of women of reproductive age have heavy monthly bleeding, and 15% have persistent pelvic pain.
Medical History: Your premium will be greater if you have a history of illness or a pre-existing illness. If you have never been sick and have lived a pretty healthy life, your premium will be lower.
Amount of Coverage: Your premiums are proportionate to the amount of coverage you choose. It’s crucial to keep in mind that the higher the insured amount, the higher the premium.
BMI (Body Mass Index): People with a high BMI are more likely to acquire disorders such as diabetes and heart disease, which necessitate constant medical attention. As a result, people who have a higher BMI pay a higher premium than those who have a normal BMI.
Type of Occupation: Premium charges are influenced by the nature of your job and the level of risk you face at work. If you work in a school, your premium will be lower; but, if you work in an environment with a high risk of damage, such as a factory or as a pilot, your premium will be higher.
Residence Location: Where you live has an impact on the cost of your insurance premium. Due to a lack of adequate dietary options, the environment, and numerous health conditions, premium rates in some locations are greater than in others.
Lifestyle: Smokers, chewers, and snufflers are more susceptible to cancer and other life-threatening diseases. As a result, premiums for these individuals are higher. However, if you do not have such habits, your premium rates will be lower.
How To Purchase A Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plan?
In order to buy a health insurance plan from Bharti AXA, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Visit the official website of Bharti AXA.
Click on “Our Products”, and then click on “Health Insurance”.
Now, click on “Buy Now” under the “Health Insurance” option.
Fill up all the necessary details, such as city, mobile number, email address, etc.
Click on “Get Quote”.
The platform will then display the most suitable plans for you along with the premium amount.
Choose any one suitable plan and pay premium online.
Now, the policy document will be mailed to you at your registered mail address.
Visit the branch office or call on the company’s toll-free number.
Provide all the essential details to the customer representative.
The customer representative will then show you some suitable plans to choose from.
Choose a suitable plan and pay the premium through any method.
The customer agent will then give you a policy document after all the verification has been done and you have provided all the necessary documents.
FOR CASHLESS CLAIM
Informing The Company: Whether the hospitalization is planned or done in an emergency, the very first step is to inform Bharti AXA about the hospitalization.
Filling Of Pre-Authorization Request Form: The treating doctor then needs to fill the pre-authorization request form upon the admission of the policyholder.
Receiving Of Authorization: Within 6 hours, you will have an emergency admission authorization. For a planned admission, pre-authorization will take 48 hours from the day of admission.
Handling The Expenses: Once the authorization process is done, Bharti AXA will handle the hospital expenses.
FOR REIMBURSEMENT CLAIM
Informing The Company: Inform Bharti AXA about the hospitalization as soon as possible.
Pay The Bills: Once the treatment is done, pay all the bills and file the claim.
Submitting Documents: Submit all the necessary documents to the insurance company.
Verification Of Documents: Bharti AXA will then verify all of your submitted documents.
Settling The Claim: Once the verification is done, Bharti AXA will reimburse the amount to the registered bank account of the policyholder.
Details Required For The Claim Process
Name of the insured person
Nature of illness
Name & address of the hospital
Name of the insured members under the policy
How To Renew Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans?
Visit the company’s official website.
Click on the “Renew” option.
Select “Health Insurance” and then click on “Renew”.
Fill in all the necessary details, such as your name, email, policy number, policy expiry date, etc.
Click on “Continue”.
The page will then redirect you to pay the premium.
After paying the premium, a soft copy of the policy document will be shared with you at your registered email address.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Bharti AXA does not charge extra for portability.
No. Only hospitalization expenditures incurred in India are covered by the Bharti AXA Health Insurance Policy.
The following are some of the major exclusions that Bharti AXA Health Insurance does not cover:
- Pre-existing disease
- Treatment of cataract, hernia, dilation, myomectomy, fistula, and so on.
- Any critical illness within 30 days of purchasing the policy
- Cost of spectacles, lenses, etc.
- Cost of corrective devices, hearing aids, etc.
- Regular ear and eye examinations
- Naturopathy treatment
- Initial diagnostic charges, such as CT-scan, X-ray, etc.
- Chronic renal failure (which requires dialysis)
- Dental procedures
- Birth control, caesarian operations, hormone replacement therapy, and other treatments related to fertility, pregnancy, and birth.
- AIDS and other related diseases.
- Various skin conditions, such as cysts, nodules, internal tumors, polyps, etc.
At the time of purchase, a few basic documents such as proof of age, identification, and residency are required. A medical examination may also be required in specific situations.
- First heart attack
- Aplastic anaemia
- Primary pulmonary hypertension
- Terminal illness
- Bacterial meningitis
- End-stage lung disease
- End-stage liver failure
- Major burns
- Organ/bone marrow transplantation
- Multiple sclerosis
- Fulminant hepatitis
- Coronary artery disease
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Heart valve surgery
- Surgery to aorta
- Kidney failure
- Motor neuron disease
The following is a list of documents that must be submitted at the time of claim notification:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Copy of discharge summary
- Certificate of the treating doctor
- Investigation reports of all diagnostic tests
- Bank account statement or personalized canceled check of the policyholder
- Copy of KYC documents