Compare Premium. Buy Now.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance For Heart & Cardiac Patients
According to the Global Burden of Disease, CVDs (cardiovascular diseases) account for nearly a quarter (24.8%) of all deaths in India. Even an examination of the data of medical certification of cause of death (MCCD) shows that the proportion of deaths caused by CVD is rising day by day.
An open-heart surgery In India might cost anywhere between Rs 1.75 lakh and Rs 4.25 lakh in a standard private hospital. The cost of coronary angiography is expected to be in the range of Rs.10,000 to Rs.15,000. Furthermore, valve procedures might cost anything from Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 4 lakh.
Given the high cost of treatment and associated costs, it is critical to invest in a suitable financial instrument that provides financial security while dealing with the heart condition and its treatment. For instance, health insurance plans for heart and cardiac patients offer coverage for expenses incurred as a result of hospitalization and treatment procedures for the insured person’s heart ailments. These insurance plans give the finest care for your cardiac issues by providing comprehensive coverage for heart-related treatments.
Importance Of Heart & Cardiac Health Insurance
Obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other factors contribute to a sedentary lifestyle, which has a negative impact on heart health and can lead to heart attacks and cardiac arrest. People who contract such ailments require a significant amount of money for treatment following a comprehensive diagnosis. To combat such difficult situations and have readily available funds for treatment, it is necessary to purchase heart insurance or cardiac health insurance.
Moreover, in case the person is diagnosed with acute heart disorders, such as myocardial infarction, refractory heart failure, cardiomyopathy, etc., it becomes essential to be financially prepared for their treatments. To be covered for such situations, it is necessary to purchase health insurance for heart disease in order to better manage these unexpected emergencies.
Key Features Of Health Insurance Plans For Heart Diseases
Highlighted below are some of the key features of health insurance plans for heart and cardiac patients:
- Pre- & Post-Hospitalization Expenses: The health insurance plans for heart and cardiac patients cover pre-hospitalization expenses for up to 30 days and post-hospitalization expenses for up to 60 days.
- Wellness Program/Annual Health Check-Ups: A yearly health check-up is included in medical insurance for heart patients to track the insured’s lifestyle and eating habits.
- Ambulance Expenses: Ambulance expenses refer to the costs incurred by the insured person in travelling from his or her home to the hospital. Heart insurance plans for heart and cardiac patients also cover ambulance expenses in case of emergencies.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization: For cardiac patients, domiciliary hospitalization is also covered by insurance if the patient is unable to be transported to the hospital or if there is no available bed in the hospital, among other things.
- Tax Benefits: Premiums paid towards health insurance policies for self, spouse, dependent children, and parents are tax-deductible under section 80 D of the Income Tax Act.
Top Heart & Cardiac Health Insurance Plans
Choosing a suitable health insurance plan might be a troublesome task for you, especially when there are a plethora of options available in the market. Therefore, we have made a list of the top 5 health insurance plans for heart and cardiac patients:
|Name Of Plan||Illnesses Covered|
|Aditya Birla Activ Secure Critical Illness Plan|
Plan 1: 20 Illnesses Covered Including Cancer, Heart Attack, & Kidney Failure
Plan 2: 50 Critical Illnesses Covered Including 20 Diseases Of Plan 1 + Others Like Brain Surgery, Brain Tumor, & TB
Plan 3: 64 Critical Illnesses Covered Including 50 Diseases Of Plan 2 + Others Like Angioplasty, Pacemaker Insertion, & Hysterectomy
|Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Insurance Plan|
|ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect Plan|
For Cancer Cover
For Heart Cover
|Care Heart Plan||Heart & Other Severe Diseases|
|Star Cardiac Care Plan|
1. Aditya Birla Activ Secure Critical Illness Plan
The Activ Secure – Critical Illness Plan is designed exclusively for people who have been diagnosed with any of the critical illnesses listed, including heart attack. This coverage protects the insured’s hard-earned money from rapidly depleting due to costly medical treatments in the event of life-threatening diseases.
- The plan comes in three options: Plan 1, Plan 2, and Plan 3.
- You can get a maximum payout of 150% of your sum insured if you are diagnosed with more than one critical illness.
- Following the initial diagnosis of a critical illness, you will have a 15-day survival span.
- The plan also has optional covers of a wellness coach and a second e-opinion.
|Sum Insured||Rs. 1 Crore|
|Minimum Entry Age|
Plan 1 & 2: 5 Years, Plan 3: 18 Years
|Maximum Entry Age||65 Years|
2. Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Insurance Plan
Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Insurance plan is designed to shield you and your family from the financial consequences of such life-threatening illnesses. Cancer, organ transplant, heart attack, and other significant life-threatening disorders are covered under the policy.
- The plan provides complete coverage for 10 critical illnesses.
- Under the Bajaj Allianz Critical Illness Insurance plan, you will get multiple sum insured options.
- The policy allows you to increase your sum insured during the time of the policy’s renewal. This helps you to avail competitive premium rates.
- You can also get a payable benefit in case you are diagnosed with any of the listed critical illnesses.
Adults: 18 To 65 Years
For Dependent Children: 6 To 21 Years
|Policy Period||1/2/3 Years|
For 6 To 60 Years: Rs. 100000/- To Rs. 5000000/
For 61 To 65 Years: Rs. 100000/- To Rs. 500000/-
3. ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect Plan
The ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect health insurance plan covers particular illnesses such as heart disease and cancer. Regardless of actual medical costs, the policy pays out the sum insured on the first diagnosis.
- Under the plan, you get paid for the diagnosis of any one of the listed major or minor diseases.
- In case you buy health insurance cover for your spouse and yourself, you will get a 5% discount on the first-year premium.
- In case you are an existing customer, the policy will you a 5% loyalty discount on the first-year premium.
- On diagnosis of any one of the listed major conditions, you will receive 1% of the sum assured as an additional income benefit for 5 years.
|Entry Age||18 To 65 Years|
Single Pay: 5 Years, Regular Pay: 5 To 40 Years
|Sum Assured||Rs. 2 To 25 Lakhs|
|Maturity Age||23 To 75 Years|
4. Care Heart Plan
Care Heart Plan is an indemnity-oriented medical insurance plan offered by Care Health Insurance (Religare) that pays the real costs paid in the event of a medical emergency requiring hospitalization and treatment. The plan includes a variety of coverage features that are both built-in and optional.
- The plan covers both pre- and post-hospitalization expenses for up to 5% of the sum insured.
- The policy also provides coverage for ambulance expenses up to Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 3,000 per hospitalization.
- The plan covers alternative treatments for up to 25% of the sum insured.
- The plan also covers any pre-existing heart disease.
|Entry Age||18 Years To Lifelong|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 3/5/7/10 Lakhs|
5. Star Cardiac Care Plan
The Star Cardiac Care Insurance Plan is developed specifically for people who already have heart disease. The policy covers inpatient costs for both cardiac and non-cardiac therapies. Outpatient benefit and personal accident death coverage are also included at no extra charge.
- Both pre- and post-hospitalization expenses are covered by the policy.
- The plan comes in two options: ‘Silver’ and ‘Gold’ plan.
- You can also get personal accident cover under the plan at no extra fees.
- The cover for outpatient benefit is also available under the plan.
|Entry Age||10 To 65 Years|
|Policy Tenure||1/2/3 Years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 3 Lakhs To Rs. 4 Lakhs|
Heart & Cardiac Health Insurance Plans General Exclusions
Following are the things that are not covered under the policy:
- Internal congenital diseases
- Expenses occurring due to self-inflicted injury or suicide attempt
- Infertility and IVF treatments
- Illnesses occurring due to drug or alcohol consumption
- Treatment related to pregnancy, miscarriage, and other complications
- Hospitalization due to war, strike, riot, etc.
How To Purchase Health Insurance Plans For Heart Illnesses?
In order the purchase health insurance plans for heart illnesses, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
You can visit the official website of the company from which you wish to purchase the health insurance plan for heart and cardiac patients. The company’s website will provide you with detailed information about the heart insurance policy along with premium amount details. Pay for the insurance online and your policy details will be sent to you at your registered mail address or phone number.
In case you wish to buy a health insurance plan for heart diseases in person, you can pay a visit to the nearby branch office of the company. The company’s agent will provide you with a suitable insurance plan as per your needs and requirements. In case you do not wish to walk into the nearby branch office, you can call the company’s customer care number for buying a new health insurance policy for heart illness.
Frequently Asked Questions
It basically depends from one insurance provider to the other and from one insurance policy to the other. In order to be sure, kindly check the policy wordings as well as the brochure before purchasing a heart health insurance plan.
Yes. Pacemaker implantation is covered by health insurance coverage for heart illness if it is needed to treat serious cardiac arrhythmia.
Only if you have had an angioplasty or bypass surgery once before applying for the policy you will be eligible to purchase a health insurance policy. Furthermore, the surgery must have been performed within the previous six months to three years after the date of application to the plan.
The amount of cardiac health insurance you need is determined by your specific requirements. It is influenced by a number of factors, including:
- Heart and health problems already present
- High blood pressure, smoking, diabetes, and other risk factors
- Financial obligations both now and in the future
- Currently available funds
Medical expenses for heart-related disorders are typically very substantial, and they often exceed the sum insured on a life insurance policy. To get the greatest treatment, it’s always a good idea to buy a critical illness policy that includes heart health insurance.