Compare Premium. Buy Now.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
Cholamandalam Flexi Health insurance plan
As the name suggests, the Chola Flexi Health insurance plan is a comprehensive flexible medical insurance policy that offers all-around protection against health risks and makes life secure and protected. This Cholamandalam Health Insurance plan also allows you to pick your doctor and services and gives you increased control over your health care. This plan gives you the freedom to choose premium payment terms, stream of medicine, and tenure of the policy according to your convenience. Once you opt for this indemnity health plan, you and your family remain secure both financially and health-wise.
|Premium payment options||Monthly, Quarterly, Half-yearly, Annual & Single pay|
General: 30 days
Pre-existing deseeded: 36 months
Specified diseases or procedures: 24 months
|Pre-policy health check-up||Not required before 50 years of age|
|Coverage||Family floater policy|
|Sum insured options||Flexible|
Brief Details About Chola Flexi Health Plan
Look at the following table to have a brief idea about the plan.
|Pre-hospitalization Expenses||Up to 30 days|
|Post-hospitalization Expenses||Up to 60 days|
|Day care procedures, AYUSH treatment, Domiciliary hospitalization, Organ donor hospitalization expenses||Covered|
|Emergency ambulance expenses||Up to 1% of the Sum Insured is subject to a maximum of Rs. 2,000 per hospitalization|
|New born baby cover||Coverage from day one subject to mother being covered under the policy for 12 months continuously from the policy commencement date|
key Highlights Of Chola Flexi Health Insurance Plan
The above table contains the basics of this plan. Apart from that, the plan is unique because of its additional cover, which makes it one of the most popular health plans among customers. The followings are the mentions.
- Road Traffic Accident – If the insured person meets an accident that needs him/her to get hospitalized, then the basic amount insured would be increased by 25%, up to a maximum limit of Rs. 3 lakhs. It is applicable for the sum Insured Rs. 3 Lakhs and above. This facility is subject to the terms and conditions of the company.
- Daily Care Benefits – Daily benefit of `500/- per day is payable to the accompanying person’s expenses for each completed 24 hours of hospitalization. This is available up to a maximum of 10 days per policy period, and to avail of this benefit Inpatient Hospitalization claim has to be filed.
- Compassionate Visit Expenses – If the insured person gets hospitalized for a life-threatening emergency medical condition, and an immediate family member visits him/her, a reimbursement of air travel expenses, up to Rs. 5000 is provided on behalf of the company.
- Repartition of Mortal Remains – For the repartitions of the mortal remains of the insured person up to Rs. 3,000 is provided which is subject to an admissible claim under the policy.
- Renewal Benefits – If you renew the policy on time, as the renewal benefits you will be eligible to avail of the Cumulative Bonus and health check-up facility. These two benefits come with certain terms and conditions.
- Second Medical Opinion – If you want to have a second medical opinion under certain circumstances that fulfill the eligibility criteria, compensation for the cost of obtaining a specialist medical opinion is provided up to a maximum limit of Rs. 25,000.
Inclusions & Exclusions of Chola Flexi Health
This comprehensive medical policy offers coverage for the following conditions.
- Hospitalization Expenses – The policy covers the hospitalization expenses that include the room tariff, cost of your medication, IV, materials used, and so on. If you undergo surgery, that expense will also be added to the total bill.
- Day Care Procedures – Several day care procedures, including cataract surgeries, dialysis for kidney diseases, chemotherapy, etc., are covered by this policy.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization – If you receive treatments at your home due to some chronic conditions, the plan will also offer reimbursement for those expenses.
- Investigation Charges – Basic medical investigation charges such as x-rays, diagnostic tests, radiotherapy, blood examinations, charges for doctors’ appointments, ambulance charges, ICU charges, etc. will be covered by this policy.
- Accident-Related Injuries – If the insured person receives any injury incurred due to an accident, either directly or indirectly, major or minor, this plan will be there to take care of the incurred expenses.
- AYUSH Treatment – Apart from the allopathic treatments, this policy offers coverage for the AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) treatments as well.
While we talk about the benefits and inclusions of the plan, we also need to know about the exclusions of the plan to get a comprehensive idea of the policy and to avoid future complications. Here are the mentions.
- If you file a claim within the waiting period, your claim will be rejected.
- Self-inflicted injury, suicide, or suicide attempt will not be covered by the policy.
- Any injury incurred due to war, an act of war, hostility, violent act by foreign enemies or martial law is not covered by the Flexi Health cost.
- If any injury derives from any kind of criminal activity involving you, you will not be compensated for that by the policy.
- The cost of the vaccination is excluded from this policy until and unless it forms a part of the post-bite treatment in conditions such as rabies.
- The expenses of all non-medical items such as food, extra room tariffs, and so on are not covered by the Flexi Health policy.
How To Calculate Premium For Chola Flexi Health?
Once you know the benefits of the policy, the next thing that might interest you is how much premium amount you have to pay for this policy. To calculate the premium correctly for this policy, follow the below steps.
- Go to the official website of Chola MS General Insurance Company.
- On the top of the homepage, there will be the Products option. Click on that.
- Multiple options will pop up. Among them, choose the Flexi Health option under the Heath Insurance tab.
- On the left-hand side of the landing page, you will find the Get Quote option.
- Now, put the required details such as your name, mobile number, and email ID in the proper place, and click on the Get Quote option.
- After that, you need to put the required details such as your average annual income, mode of payment, sum insured option, etc. You can customize the plan as per your needs.
- Once you are done with putting all the necessary credentials, your premium value for this policy will be calculated on the basis of the given data, and it will be displayed before you.
- If you are satisfied with it, you can also click on the Buy Now option available just below the page, to purchase the policy
To make it more explicit and understandable for you, here is an example.
Suppose, Mr. Dutta, a 36-years-old Kolkata-based businessman, has bought Chola Flexi Health Insurance Policy for himself. He has customized the policy as per his needs. Now, let us find out how much premium amount he has to pay for this policy for his chosen details.
|Average annual income||Rs. 10 lakhs to Rs. 15 lakhs|
|Sum insured||Rs. 25 lakhs|
|Type of cover||Individual|
|Mode of payment||Single payment|
|Policy tenure||3 years|
|Flexi Health Premium (Including GST)||Rs. 33,676|
Claim Procedure Of Chola Flexi Health Insurance Plan
Once you have bought this policy, you need to know the claim process of it. Have a look at the following steps to avail of a smooth and seamless claim procedure.
Cashless Claim Process:
- As soon as the hospitalization happens, you need to intimate the insurer about it.
- After this, you have to produce your Chola MS Insurance document along with the valid ID proof for verification, and as proof of the policy.
- The company will verify the policy details. Then, you need to submit the pre-authorization form to the company.
- The company will review and evaluate the documents submitted by the hospital, and start processing the cashless approval in accordance with the terms and conditions of the policy.
- If it is necessary, the company may assign a field doctor to conduct the authorization process at the hospital.
- If no discrepancy is found, Chola MS will settle the claim within the stipulated time directly with the hospital.
Reimbursement Claim Process:
- As soon as the hospitalization occurs, the company has to be informed about the incident.
- The patient has to provide his/her insurance documents to the hospital.
- If you are not eligible for the direct claim, you need to avail yourself of the treatments and pay for that as well out of your own pocket.
- Once you are done paying the bills, you need to fill out a claim form available on the official website of the company. Or else, you can also contact their toll-free number at 1800-208-5544, and submit all the relevant documents to the company within 30 days from the day of discharge from the hospital.
- You can also share the documents online using their email ID email@example.com
- If your claim is fair and no discrepancy is found, your claim will be reimbursed within the stipulated time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can renew your policy online by visiting the official website of the company. On the homepage, you will find the Renewal tab. Put the policy details and other necessary information to renew your policy on time and to stay protected.
There are more than 10000 cashless hospitals under this general insurance company, spread across the country.
The followings are the options to contact the insurer.
- Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-free contact number – 1800-208-5544
- Virtual assistant – JOSHU
- WhatsApp – 7305234433
- Apart from these, the insurer is also available on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Yes, this policy is available online for purchasing.
The available add-on cover is the International Medical Second Opinion Cover, which can be availed of by paying a little extra premium.