IFFCO Tokio Janta Personal Accident Insurance Policy
In the event of an unfortunate fatal accident, an insurance cover known as Janata Personal Accident Insurance has been designed for individuals and members of various groups (particularly targeted to the economically weaker sections of society) since the premium amount for this policy is very affordable. To know more about this policy, have a look at the following mentions.
Benefits of IFFCO Tokio Janta Personal Accident Insurance Policy
If the insured person sustains any bodily injury resulting solely and directly from an accident caused by external, violent, and visible means, then the company will pay to the insured the sum hereinafter:
- If such injury happens within six calendar months of its occurrence, be the sole and direct cause of the death of the Insured, the Capital Sum Insured stated will be paid to the Assignee.
- If such injury happens within six calendar months of its occurrence, be the sole and direct cause of the total and irrecoverable loss of both eyes or total and irrecoverable loss of use of two hands or two feet, or of one hand and one foot, the Capital Sum Insured stated will be given to the respective party.
- If such injury occurs within six calendar months of the accident, be the sole and direct cause of the total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one eye or total and irrecoverable loss of use of one hand or one foot, 50% of the Capital Sum Insured stated is given to the policyholder.
- If an injury happens within six calendar months of an accident, be the sole and direct cause of permanently totally and absolutely disabling the Insured from engaging in being occupied with or giving attention to any employment or occupation of any description whatsoever, the Capital Sum Insured will be paid to the policyholder.
General Exclusions of IFFCO Tokio Janta Personal Accident Insurance Policy
Before buying an insurance plan, it is very important to know and understand the exclusions of the policy for which it does not offer any coverage to avoid any future problems. So, to avoid future complexities and claim denial, here are the general exclusions of IFFCO Tokio Janta Personal Accident Insurance Policy.
- Any self-inflicted injury, suicide, or suicide attempt falls under the category of exclusions.
- If the patient is having bed rest and does not have any medical treatment for the disease, it is not covered by the policy.
- Any treatment cost related to obesity control will not be compensated by the policy.
- Any unrecognized or unauthorized medical procedure is to be excluded, and the doctor, surgeon, or medical practitioner has to be licensed and registered.
- Any treatment or surgery related to gender treatment will not be reimbursed by the company.
- Cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery are not covered by the plan.
- If the insured person takes part in any kind of hazardous activities or adventurous sports like sky diving, para-gliding, scuba diving, etc., and gains injury from that, that is not covered by the plan.
- Injury incurred due to the participation in any unlawful act or due to war, war-like situation, riots, public unrest, etc, will not be covered by the policy.
- Treatments for the consumption of alcohol, drug, or any intoxicating substance are excluded.
- Gestational Surrogacy and reversal of sterilization are excluded.
How To Buy IFFCO Tokio Janta Personal Accident Insurance Policy?
One can buy this policy without any hassles through the official website of the company by following the below easy steps.
- Go to the official website of IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company.
- On the homepage, there will be the Buy option. Click on that, and select the Health option.
- On the landing page, put the required details, such as name and mobile number, and click on the View Prices option.
- Provide other necessary details such as policy-related details and personal details as requested by the company.
- On the basis of the given details, the premium amount will be displayed.
- Check it thoroughly. If satisfied, pay the premium online securely.
- Upon successful payment, download the policy document.
Claim process of IFFCO Tokio Janta Personal Accident Insurance Policy
Follow the below steps to have a seamless claim experience.
- As soon as the accident happens, immediate notification to the insurer is a must.
- In case of accidental death, the capital sum is paid to the legal nominee/assignee of the insured.
- If the insured fails to provide the name of the nominee, a succession certificate from a court of law is necessary.
- In the case of other claims, the insurers may get the insured examined by a specialist or refer the matter to the medical board as necessary, the cost of which will be borne by the insurers.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Insured may cancel the policy by sending written notice to the company. The Company will then allow a refund on the following scale, except for those Insured Person(s) where a claim has been preferred under the current policy.
|Period of a cover-up to||Refund of annual premium rate (%)|
|Exceeding 6 months||NIL|
The coverage for the Insured Person(s) will automatically terminate in the case of his/ her (Insured Person) demise or exhaustion of the Sum Insured.
The geographical scope of this policy will be worldwide. However, the claims shall be settled in Indian Rupees only.