Kotak Accident Care Insurance Plan
The Kotak Accident Care Insurance Plan offers protection against accident-related contingencies including death, permanent entire disability, permanent partial disability, temporary total disability, etc. So, use the Kotak Accident Care Insurance Plan to safeguard the future of your family and loved ones. The fact that the insurer will cover medical costs related to hospitalization for the treatment of an injury experienced in an accident is one of the policy’s key selling points.
Read this page below and know more about the Kotak Accident Care Insurance Plan coverage.
Here is the eligibility criteria for Kotak Accident Care Plan.
|Age||Minimum Entry Age- 5 Years, Maximum Age- 65 Years|
|Renewal||The policy offers lifelong renewal|
|Policy Period||1, 2 or 3-year policy period|
|Convalescence Benefit||Pays a fixed sum of Rs.10,000 on hospitalization for a minimum of 10 consecutive days.|
What Does Kotak Accident Care Plan Cover?
If you choose to get comprehensive coverage, these coverage options are additionally available for an extra price.
|Carriage of Dead Body||The costs of moving the insured person’s body from the scene of the accident to their place of residence will be covered by the insurer in the event that the insured person passes away as a result of the accident. The limit outlined in the policy schedule applies to this benefit.|
|Permanent Total Disablement Improvement Benefit:||The insurer will cover the adjustments made to your home to support their everyday lives if you have submitted a PTD claim.|
|Permanent Partial Disablement Improvement Benefit||Pays for home modifications that are necessary for the insured person to live comfortably.|
|Children’s Education Grant||Guarantees the unmarried dependent child of the insured person under the age of 25 will receive uninterrupted education.|
|Ambulance Charges||Covers the cost of the insured person’s ambulance service to take them to the hospital.|
|Funeral Expenses Extension||By covering the insured person’s burial costs, lessens the financial burden placed on the family.|
Features & Benefits of Kotak Accident Care Plan
Listed below are the salient features and benefits of Kotak Accident Care Plan.
- Accidental death: 100% of the insured amount will be paid to the nominee as “Death Benefit” in the event of the insured’s accidental death.
- Permanent Total Disablement : A claimant who has sustained permanent total disability as a result of an accident is entitled to a reimbursement equal to 100% of the amount covered. Learn more about what is meant by permanent total disability under this plan.
- Permanent Partial Disablement: The reimbursement entirely depends on the extent of the disability if the insured has a permanent partial disability. Learn more about the compensation in accordance with the severity levels described here.
- Temporary Total Disablement: If you are temporarily totally disabled, you will receive weekly compensation. Payout will be given in accordance with the chosen plan for a maximum of 100 weeks.
- Children Education Grant: The unmarried dependent child under the age of 25 of the insured person is guaranteed ongoing schooling thanks to this characteristic. The policy schedule must include information about payout.
- Ambulance Charges: Under this provision, the insurer covers the cost of getting the covered individual to the hospital via ambulance. Payout will depend on the actual, reasonable, and customary expenses incurred, up to the policy’s predetermined amount.
- Carriage of Dead Body: This benefit covers the costs associated with moving the deceased individual insured from the scene of death to their home.
- Funeral Expenses: Funeral expenses are the costs associated with planning and conducting a funeral. A fixed percentage of the insured amount is paid by the firm as funeral costs when an insured person dies in an accident.
- Broken Bones: This benefit covers the costs associated with treating fractured or broken bones that resulted from an accident. The severity of the injury indicated in the policy schedule normally determines the payout. The maximum reimbursement will be the amount insured for “Accidental Death.”
- Burns Benefit: This benefit covers the costs associated with treating burns the insured sustained as a result of an accident. The severity of the injury indicated in the policy schedule normally determines the payout. The maximum reimbursement will be the amount insured for “Accidental Death.”
- Customization of Home or Vehicle: This function aids in the modification of a home or automobile. In the event of “permanent whole disability” and “permanent partial disability,” the insured receives payment.
- Accidental Hospital Daily Cash benefit: For unintentional hospitalisation, this feature offers the insured a daily cash compensation. It is only available if the hospitalisation is required within seven days of the accident.
- Accidental Hospitalization Expenses Reimbursement: The covered person is qualified for the hospitalisation reimbursement benefit under this feature. This provision provides coverage for medical costs that are typically reasonable, essential, and unquestionably caused by an accident within the insurance period.
What Are The Exclusions Under Kotak Accident Care Plan?
Here are the things not included under Kotak Accidentr Care Plan if the Death/ Accident/ Injury arising from/ due to
- Intentional self-harm, attempted suicide, or suicide
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- War and its precursors
- A mental, neurological, or emotional illness; a venereal disease; or insanity
- Breaking the law
- Except as a result of an Injury, circumcision or strictures, vaccination, inoculation, sex change, beauty therapy, dental treatment, eye treatment, or plastic surgery
- Engagement in professional sports, contact sports, or any other risky or possibly hazardous activity for which the insured person is unprepared, unless expressly covered by the policy
- Radioactive pollution or ionising radiation from any nuclear fuel or waste
- Nuclear weapon components
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, a policyholder has the option to return the original policy within 15 days after the date of receipt of the policy, as per IRDAI regulations.
Yes. Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961, premiums for Kotak Medical Insurance policies are tax deductible.
Be at ease. To modify the date on your Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance policy, call the customer service department at 1800 266 4545 (toll-free).
In this scenario, the business will pay the amount in accordance with the coverage you’ve chosen, and the remaining balance is your responsibility to pay.