Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance Claim
With an incurred claim ratio of 55.1%, Kotak Mahindra is known for its smooth health claim process and timely settlement of claim requests. The company makes sure that its customers don’t face many troubles while filing their claims during health emergencies. It has openly listed the claim process on its website so that people can carefully go through it and be aware when needed. For your convenience, we have listed out a step-by-step guide to the insurer’s health insurance claim procedure.
Claim Process of Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
Cashless Claim Procedure:
Always remember, if you want to avail of the cashless claim facility of your insurance company, you need to get admitted to one of the network hospitals or healthcare centers of the insurer. For a smooth cashless claim process for the company, follow the below steps.
- In case of planned hospitalization, you need to intimate the insurer at least 48 hours prior to the hospitalization. For emergency hospitalization, you need to inform the insurer within 42 hours of the occurrence and visit the cashless helpdesk of the hospital.
- After that, you need to submit the pre-authorization form. Along with that, also submit valid identity proof along with the necessary medical documents and reports.
- Once the company receives all the required documents, it will verify and testify those and if no discrepancy is found, your claim will be approved.
- You only need to pay the deductibles at the hospital, and the rest of the amount will be settled by the company directly with the hospital at the time of discharge.
Reimbursement Claim Procedure:
Unlike a cashless claim facility, in the case of the reimbursement claim process, it is not mandatory to get admitted to one of the network hospitals of the company. You can choose any hospital or healthcare center according to your choice. Now, follow the below steps to experience an easy reimbursement claim process with the insurer.
- As soon as the incident happens, you need to inform the insurer about hospitalization. For intimation, you can call the company on 1800 266 4545, or you can directly write to them using their email ID firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Receive the treatments and settle all the bills at the hospital. Do not forget to collect all the necessary documents from there and preserve those for future reference.
- After that, you need to submit all the necessary documents in original form to the company, along with the duly signed and filled claim form. It should be done within 30 days from the discharge from the hospital.
- After receiving all the required documents, the company will verify those. If everything is clear, your claim will be settled within 15 days from the receipt of the last document.
How To Check Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance Claim Status?
You can easily check the claim status of your health insurance policy with the insurer by following the below simple steps:
- Go to the official website of Kotak Mahindra General Insurance.
- Click on the Claims tab that is available on the right side of the homepage.
- Multiple options will be there before you. Go for the last option Health Insurance Claim Status.
- The entire description is given on the landing page that how to check your claim status. There are different ways for Group Health Product, Retail Health Product, and for Paramount (Group Health Indemnity Claims and Hospital Daily Cash Claims).
Claim Intimation Form Download Process of Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
You can smoothy access the claim intimation form online on your own with just by few clicks if you follow the steps stated below.
- Go to the official website of the company and click on the Claims tab on the right side of the homepage.
- Select the second option, Claim Intimation Form.
- A form will appear before you. Fill in the blanks with required details such as your policy number, insurance product, name of the insured person, mobile number, email ID, and loss or hospitalization description.
- After that, click on the Submit option and you are done.