ManipalCigna Global Health Group Policy
Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy is a dedicated health and wellness solution that offers a variety of optional covers to meet the needs of the employer-employee and non-employer employee segments. Families can be covered as well, including the spouse, legal partner, dependent children, and parents.
The plan includes benefits for daycare, inpatient and outpatient care, as well as hospitalization. People can continue to be covered by the policy while travelling- thanks to the unique global coverage offered by the plan. The policy also covers problems related to pregnancy and newborns.
Read on to know more about the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy’s eligibility criteria, features and benefits, inclusions, exclusions, buying process, claim procedure, and more.
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy.
|Age at Entry (Adult)
Min – 18 Years
Max – 95 Years
|Age at Entry (Child)
|Covered from Day 1, Max up to 25 Years
|Individual and Multi Individual
|Up to $ 10 Million
|Self, legal spouse or unmarried partner, unmarried children under 25 years
|Min Group Size
|Monthly/ Quarterly/ Half-yearly/ Annual payments
|Lifetime provided the insured person is still associated with the group.
Key Features and Benefits of Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy
The following are the features and benefits of the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy.
- In-patient Hospitalization and Day Care
The biggest benefit of considering the Global Health Group Policy by Manipal Cigna is that it will pay the Reasonable and Customary Charges for the Following healthcare Charges of an Insured Individual in case of Medically necessary Treatment at a Hospital, for more than 24 Consecutive Hours/Day Care, emerging from an A wound due to an unfortunate event or a medical condition contracted during the Policy Period, up to the Sum Insured specified under the Policy Schedule/ Certificate of Insurance.
- Private Ambulance
One of the main benefits of purchasing the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy is that, unless otherwise specified in the Policy, it will pay the Reasonable and Customary Charges for costs incurred to transport an insured person by road to a hospital for admission in the Emergency ward or ICU or to a hospital with better medical facilities.
- Out-Patient Expenses
The fact that the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy, if chosen and specified in the policy schedule/certificate of insurance, will pay the acceptable and standard Charges for the following outpatient expenditures, regarding an insured person, arising from damage sustained due to an unforeseen event or an illness contracted during the policy period, is another important factor to take into consideration.
All indemnity claims filed under the Base Covers and any optional Covers made available by the Policy will be subject to the Co-pay. If the Co-pay is in effect, the company will only be responsible for covering the portion of the admissible claim amount that We determine to be subject to payment under the Policy; the Insured Person will be responsible for covering the remainder of the Co-pay percentage. The applicable Co-pay under Base and/or Optional Covers will be stated in the Policy Schedule/Certificate of Insurance.
All indemnity claims made under Base Covers as well as Optional Covers will be subject to the Deductible. If the Deductible is in effect, the plan will only be obligated to pay the difference between the admissible claim amount that the company evaluates for the payment of the Policy, and the Insured Person will be responsible for any remaining Deductible amount.
- 24/7 Healthcare Access
One of the biggest benefits to considering Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy is that the plan offers hassle-free and quick access to quality health care around the world.
- Free Look period
The Free Look period shall only apply to new individual health insurance policies; it shall not apply to renewals or when a policy is ported or moved. From the date of receipt of the policy document, the insured person has fifteen days to review the terms and conditions and return the document if they are not satisfactory.
- Grace Period & Renewal
By mutual agreement, the policy may be renewed. In this case, the premium for the renewed policy must be paid to the company on or before the policy’s expiration date and in no case later than the Grace Period of 30 days following the expiration of the policy or the due date for the subsequent installment.
Exclusions Under the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy
Though there are multiple exclusions under the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy, we’ve listed down some of the popular ones. Let’s discuss some of the popular things not excluded under the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy.
- Unless otherwise chosen, waived, covered, or specified under the Policy or any Cover chosen under the Policy, the company shall not be obligated to make any payment under this Policy caused by, based on, arising out of, or howsoever attributable to any of the following.
- Costs associated with any admission that is primarily for forced bed rest rather than for treatment.
- Costs associated with any form of treatment, including surgical intervention, to change physical characteristics to those of the opposite sex.
- Costs associated with cosmetic or plastic surgery, as well as any other procedure intended to alter the appearance, unless necessary for reconstruction following an accident, burn (s), or cancer, or if done as part of a medically necessary procedure to eliminate a direct or immediate threat to the insured’s health.
- Costs associated with any medical care required as a result of a professional athlete’s participation in risky or adventure sports, such as skydiving, deep-sea diving, hand gliding, motor racing, mountaineering, rafting, parachuting, and rock climbing.
- Medical costs directly related to or resulting from any insured person breaking the law with criminal intent or attempting to do so. (For instance, intentional self-harm, suicide, or a suicide attempt (whether made while sane or insane).
- Costs associated with receiving care from a hospital, a doctor, or any other provider that has been specifically excluded by the insurer and made known to policyholders via email or notice on the insurer’s website are not admissible. However, expenses up to the point of stabilization are payable in cases of life-threatening circumstances or after an accident, but not the full claim.
- The treatment of alcoholism, drug abuse, or any other addictive condition, as well as its effects.
- Treatments obtained in health hydros, nature cure clinics, spas, or comparable facilities, or private rooms attached to such facilities that are registered as nursing homes, or admission that is arranged entirely or partially for domestic purposes.
- Dietary supplements and substances that are available over the counter, such as vitamins, minerals, and organic compounds, unless a medical professional has prescribed them as part of a hospitalization claim or daycare procedure.
How to Buy Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy?
It can be very stressful to have a medical emergency while travelling because you may not be familiar with the area. And a financial burden while you are travelling abroad, is the last thing you would want. Purchasing a global health insurance plan, such as the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy, enables you to receive the best medical care without having to worry about paying cash!
If you have finally decided to buy the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group policy, then you have made the right decision. But you should know more about the fact that the plan is not available to buy through the official website of Manipal Cigna. But don’t sweat it out! If you are still looking to buy the plan, Probus Insurance is here to help you out!
Probus Insurance is a well-known third-party insurance seller that concentrates on retail clients and has the best attainable equilibrium in the life and non-life insurance business. So without wasting time, let’s discuss the steps to buy the Manipal Cigna Global health group policy via Probus Insurance.
- Simply look for the “We Are Here” chatbot on the right side of this page.
- You must enter your full name, email address, and phone number before clicking “Start Chat” after selecting your department.
- You can start a conversation with any of the company’s customer service agents. After that, ask whatever inquiries you may have, and they are going to help you in buying the Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy.
Another choice is to get in touch with the company’s customer service department through one of the channels listed below:
|Say “Hi” to 7304332968
How to Make a Claim for Your Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy?
The fact that Manipal Cigna Global Health Group insurance provides advantages to both employers and employees is its best feature. The Manipal Global Health Group Policy offers the same gains for all types and sizes of businesses, subject to certain terms and conditions, regardless of the size of your organisation. There are two ways you can submit a claim for your insurance coverage, so you should be aware of both of them.
For Planned Hospitalization:
- Before being admitted to the hospital for treatment, the insured person needs to contact a network provider at least three days in advance.
- The Network Provider will send out the letter requesting authorisation.
- The Network Provider shall electronically transmit the pre-authorization form and all pertinent information to the 24 (twenty-four) hour authorization/Cashless department, along with the insured person’s and the treating physician’s contact information.
- The organisation will check the applicant’s eligibility for coverage under the Policy after receiving the pre-authorization form and all pertinent medical data from the Network Provider.
- The company must give the Network Provider the authorisation Letter if the request’s information is sufficient to determine the authorisation. When additional information or documents are needed, the company will ask the network provider for them. Once they have received the last few required documents, they will issue the authorisation. All authorisations will be granted within six hours of receiving the last set of complete paperwork.
- The Authorisation letter will include information regarding the Amount Sanctioned, any specific claim limitations, any applicable sub-limits, Co-pays or Deductibles, and non-payable items, if applicable.
- Only 15 days after the date of issuance shall the authorisation letter remain in effect.
In case of Emergency Hospitalization:
- The insured person may seek hospitalisation for medical care from a Network Provider.
- The Network Provider must submit the request for authorisation within 48 hours of the patient’s admission to the hospital but not later than the patient’s actual discharge.
- It is acknowledged and agreed that the company may continue to speak with the treating physician about the insured person’s condition until it receives our recommendations regarding the insured person’s eligibility for coverage.
- If an emergency requiring life-saving, limb-saving, sight-saving, or emergency medical attention arises, the Network Provider may choose to treat the Insured Person in the interim by accepting a nominal deposit or by treating him by their norms.
- After the preauthorization is issued, the Network Provider must return the deposit money to the insured person, except for a small sum to cover uninsured costs.
If the cost of hospitalization is greater than the amount permitted by the letter of authorization:
- To request an increase in the previously authorised limit, the Network Provider must include details of the specific circumstances that have necessitated the increase in the request.
- The company will confirm eligibility and assess the request for improvement based on the availability of additional limits.
- The company must decide whether to accept or reject these additional costs within 24 (twenty-four) hours of receiving the Network Provider’s request for an improvement.
2. Reimbursement Process:
You can use the Reimbursement Claim facility to choose a hospital of your choosing even if it is not empanelled with your insurance company. You can seek medical attention first, pay the bills, and then submit a claim for reimbursement to your insurance company.
The following are the key actions needed to submit a hospitalisation reimbursement claim with the majority of insurance companies:
- Tell your insurance company, i.e. Manipal Cigna, about the procedure and the hospital.
- Receive treatment and pay for it out of your pocket
- In the third step, the policyholder will need to submit a claim to your insurance provider.
- Distribute all hospitalization-related paperwork, including doctor’s prescriptions, health invoices, and medical bills.
- The insurance provider will check your documentation in Step 5. Your claim will be handled by the terms of your policy and the range of coverage.
List of Documents To be Submitted:
The following are the documents that you must submit to file a claim for your Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy.
- Claim Form Duly Filled and Signed
- Original pre-authorization request
- Copy of pre-authorization approval letter (s)
- Copy of Photo ID of Patient Verified by the Hospital
- Original copy of consultations
- Original discharge/death summary;
- Operation theatre notes(if any);
- Original Hospital main bill and break-up of the bill;
- Original investigation reports, X-Ray, MRI, CTFilms, and HPE;
- Medical Practitioner’s reference slips for investigations/pharmacy;
- Original pharmacy bills, prescriptions, and invoices;
- MLC/FIR report/post-mortem report (if conducted).
- Bills from registered service providers (Ambulance Cover)
How To Renew Your Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy?
When you don’t renew your policy, it expires, and the insurer is no longer required to provide healthcare coverage for you. Any medical costs incurred during this time cannot be reimbursed or claimed, so you will have to cover them out of your pocket.
Listed below are the tips to renew your Manipal Cigna Global Health Group Policy.
- Visit the official website of Manipal Cigna Insurance.
- After that, locate the “renewal” button at the top. When you put your mouse over it, you will see two options. Click on “Group Customer”.
- The moment you click on it, you will see a new page wherein you will need to enter your “Policy Details” and “Date of Birth of Proposer”.
- Once you have entered the details correctly, click on “Renew Now”.
- After that, you need to make the payment to renew your policy. Then, you can use your credit/debit card to renew your policy.
- After making the payment, a message along with your policy details will be sent to your registered email address and contact number.
Frequently Asked Questions
A group policy must have at least 7 members to be purchased, or as IRDAI may from time to time specify. Additionally, the group shouldn’t be created solely to purchase health insurance.
Yes, the business will pay for the insured person’s transportation by a licensed ambulance provider to a hospital for an illness or injury treatment. If chosen, coverage for air ambulance is also available up to the amount insured.
Daycare procedures include any surgery or medically necessary treatment performed for ailments or conditions that call for less than a 24-hour hospital stay. All Day Care procedures are covered by the company up to the full sum insured selected.
You do have the option to include coverage for over-the-counter medications under Out-patient Expenses.