Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel Insurance Policy
Manipal Cigna Group Overseas travel insurance plan is designed for MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, and Exhibitions) trips as well as extended family getaways, business trips, student groups, and international travel for other sizable organizations. One of the major highlights of the plan is that the group overseas travel insurance plan by Manipal Cigna offers complete coverage for business trips, vacations, and trip cancellation, as well as for delays and interruptions in transportation, unanticipated medical expenses, lost baggage, and a host of other possibilities.
Read on to know more about the Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel Insurance Plan.
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel Insurance Plan.
|Age at Entry
|Min 0 Days, Max – 95 years for Overseas
Single Trip / Multi Trip (Annual) Basis
For per trip under Multi Trip Basis – No. of Days can be opted as 30/45/60/90 Days
|Min Group Size
Employee Group: Covering Employees and dependents nominated by the Employer registered as Company in India
Non-Employer Group: Whose members have a commonality other than insurance
|Individual and Multi Individual
|Lifetime provided the insured person is still associated with the group
|Spouse, Dependent parents, Son, Daughter, Brother and Sister Grandparents, Grandchildren, Parent in Law, Son in Law, Daughter in Law, Uncle, Aunt, Niece and Nephew, etc.
|Varies as per covers
|Area of Coverage
• Worldwide excluding US & Canada
• Asia Pacific
• Schengen excluding US & Canada
• Schengen including US & Canada
• MDV ( Marhaba Dubai Visa)
Key Features and Benefits of Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel Insurance
The following are the key features and benefits of considering the Manipal Cigna Group Overseas travel insurance policy.
The following medical expenses will be paid for or reimbursed by the company if an insured person contracts a disease or sustains an injury while travelling that necessitates emergency care, up to the maximum amount of coverage specified against this clause.
The Benefit of the Policy Certificate:
- When an insured event occurs, in-patient care and/or daycare services are provided by a nearby hospital near the insured person’s lodging.
- Medically necessary costs for inpatient care, including those for the following: hospital room and board, intensive care unit, surgery (including costs for the operating room, surgical devices, surgeon fees, and implants), anesthesiologist services, doctor visits, specialist fees, and other related costs.
- Diagnostic procedures and all reasonable and customary costs associated with them that are required for the insured person’s treatment, provided they are related to the illness or injury for which inpatient care was deemed medically necessary.
Trip cancellation and interruption travel inconvenience insurance:
In the event of trip cancellation or interruption, the company will reimburse the insured person for any of the following costs, up to the maximum amount of the sum insured specified against this stipulation in the policy certificate:
- Expenses incurred for any reservations made in expanding by the insured person in the country of visit for travel on a common carrier, lodging, sightseeing reservations, and cruises that are not recoupable from any other source.
- Any appropriate and required costs incurred by the insured person for any alternate travel arrangements and lodging costs.
- Returning to India or your country of origin within three days of your trip being cancelled or interrupted, or
- Continuing the trip within three days of the circumstances that led to the trip cancellation or interruption ceasing to exist.
Emergency Medical Evacuation:
The Company’s obligation to pay benefits under the terms of this Policy will automatically be extended by a further 45 days if any illness or injury that was contracted or sustained during the trip in a country of visit requires medically necessary treatment that extends beyond the period of insurance.
The Company will pay 100% of the Sum Insured stipulated against this advantage in the Policy Certificate if an Insured Person sustains an Injury as a result of an Accident while on a Trip and that Injury solely and directly causes the Insured Person’s death within 365 days of the date of the accident.
Life-Threatening Pre-Existing Condition Cover:
Up to the Sub-limit set forth against this Benefit in the Policy Certificate, the Company will pay or reimburse Medical Expenses incurred by a covered individual in a country of the visit while on a Trip due to any difficulties stemming out of a Pre-Existing Disease or Condition that requires Emergency Care.
Dental Treatment Expenses:
Another major benefit of choosing the plan is that it will pay or reimburse the Insured Person for expenses incurred about any anaesthetic treatment of a natural tooth or teeth required due to such Injury/Illness experienced during the Trip Duration, up to the limit of Sum Insured as mentioned against this Benefit in the Policy Certificate, if an Insured Person contracts an illness or sustains an injury while on a trip in a country of visit.
Repatriation of Mortal Remains:
The Company will pay or reimburse the costs of returning the insured person’s mortal remains to India/country of origin or the costs associated with a local funeral or cremation in the country where the death took place, up to the Sub-limit as defined against this Benefit in the Policy Certificate, if the insured person passes away due to any Insured Event under this Policy while travelling.
A range of Optional Covers:
Another major benefit of choosing the Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel Insurance Plan is that it comes with the complete package of 51 optional covers that one can choose as per their needs.
Free Look Period:
The insured person has 15 days (30 days if the policy is sold through distance marketing) from the date of receipt of the policy paperwork to examine the terms and conditions of this policy if the duration of the policy is one year or longer.
Exclusions Under the Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel Insurance
Though there are many exclusions under the policy, there are still some important ones mentioned below. Listed below are some of them.
- Any claim involving incidents that took place outside of the insurance period or before the coverage began.
- Any existing illness or condition, as well as any complications that may result from it. This policy is not intended to offer an indemnity for any medical services required in the normal course of treatment due to a pre-existing condition or disease as defined herein.
- Any treatment received abroad, if it is the only reason for the trip or any short-term stay of the insured person, or if it is one of the reasons.
- Whenever the insured person –
- is travelling against a doctor’s recommendation;
- Is receiving, or is on a waiting list for, a specific medical treatment as stated in a report or certificate from a medical practitioner;
- Has been given a medical condition’s final prognosis;
- Stem cell harvesting, storage, or any type of treatment involving stem cells.
- Dental work, dentures, or any type of surgery unless it is required by an accident and requires at least 24 hours of hospitalization. Treatment for gum disease, tooth decay, or tooth damage, unless it’s connected to a jaw-related, irreversible bone disease that can’t be treated in any other way.
- Circumcision, unless it’s required for the treatment of a condition that isn’t specifically excluded by this clause or an accident-related injury.
- Hormone replacement therapy, birth control procedures, contraceptive supplies or services, complications resulting from providing services, and surrogate or vicarious pregnancies are just a few examples.
- Routine medical exams, eye exams, eyeglass prices, cosmetic laser surgery, corrective surgery, and contact lens costs.
- Any physical, psychiatric, or psychological testing, treatment, or expenses related to alopecia, baldness, wigs, or hair products, issuance of medical certificates, or tests to determine suitability for employment or travel.
How To Buy the Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel Insurance Plan?
Even without the added risk of being in a foreign country with strangers, life is already unpredictable. There is no assurance that your trip will proceed according to how you had intended it to because anything can happen while you are travelling. When travelling, you run the risk of experiencing a variety of vulnerabilities, such as being mugged or having an accident. Thus, buying the Group Overseas Travel Insurance Plan by Manipal Cigna can help you out!
You made the right choice if you’ve finally decided to purchase the Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel policy. However, you should be aware that the plan cannot be purchased through Manipal Cigna’s official website. Don’t worry about it though! Probus Insurance is here to help if you still want to purchase the policy.
A well-known insurance broker with a focus on retail customers, Probus Insurance Broker Private Limited is present all over India and has the best possible balance in the life and non-life insurance industries.
Let’s talk about how to purchase the Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel policy through Probus Insurance with these 3 easy steps.
- Simply look for the “We Are Here” chatbot on the right side of the page once you are on the home page.
- After choosing your department, you must next enter your full name, email address, and phone number before clicking “Start Chat”.
- By clicking it, you can start a conversation with any of the business’ customer service representatives. Ask any questions you may have after that, and they will assist you in purchasing the group overseas travel policy.
If you’re still unable to buy the Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel Insurance, you can still contact the company using any of the following methods mentioned in the table:
|Say “Hi” to 7304332968
How To Make a Claim for Your Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel Insurance Plan?
The following is the process to file a claim for your Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel insurance plan.
- Be sure to carry proof of international travel insurance
Carrying all of the documentation related to your travel insurance is one of the first and most crucial steps. You may not be able to finish the claim process if any of your travel documents are missing. It is best to be ready with all of your travel insurance documentation in case you need to process your claim in a foreign or uncharted territory.
- Provide Accurate Information
Make sure you double-check the information you enter on the application for your travel insurance to prevent any mistakes. A single typo could invalidate your travel insurance, preventing you from recouping any benefits.
- Obtain Information on Local Communications
A list of contacts for the various nations and states where Manipal Cigna provides travel insurance benefits will be available. A team from the insurance company will be present in each of these local areas. Therefore, before your trip, be sure to gather the contact details of these nearby locations that you intend to visit. This can make reaching out to them simpler and speed up the resolution of your inquiry.
- Inform the Local Police
Make sure to alert the local police right away if you ever find yourself in an emergency, no matter how unfortunate. This can assist you in recording your emergency and providing you with legal evidence in case any other incidents arise. Having the local police’s phone number on hand will enable you to contact them in the event of an emergency.
- Inform the Insurance Provider at the Earliest
The requirement that a specific event or incident be reported within a specific time frame is one of the main clauses that many insurance companies have. Please make sure to get in touch with Manipal Cigna right away if you encounter any problems or difficulties. Send them an email if you can’t reach them by phone so you can document your attempt to contact them as soon as possible.
- Making a Travel Insurance Claim While Travelling
It’s frequently believed that the claim process can only begin after your trip. That is untrue. Additionally, you have the choice to claim your travel insurance while you are away. There is a straightforward online procedure you can use to complete the same task. Therefore, be sure to file your claim with the insurance company right away if you have an emergency. You can gain a lot from this.
- Keep Evidence Ready
Having all the evidence available is another crucial component. Make sure to keep a record of all the available evidence and store it somewhere. When you are requested to provide them to the insurance company, this can be useful. Hotel bills, medical invoices, airline ticket receipts, police reports, and other documents are some of the most frequently used types of evidence.
How To Renew Your Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel Policy?
Your policy expires if you don’t renew it, and the insurance company is no longer obligated to cover your medical expenses. You will have to pay for any medical expenses you incur during this time out of pocket because they cannot be covered by insurance or compensated. Listed below are the tips to renew your Manipal Cigna Group Overseas Travel Policy.
- Visit the official website of Manipal Cigna Insurance.
- Find the “Renewal” button at the top after that. There are two choices visible when your mouse is over it. “Group Customer” should be clicked.
- After clicking it, a new page will open where you must fill out the “Policy Details” and “Date of Birth of Proposer” fields.
- Click “Renew Now” after you have correctly entered all of the information.
- Subsequently, you must pay to renew your insurance. After that, you can renew your policy using a credit or debit card.
- After making your payment, a message containing information about your policy will be sent to the email address and phone number you have on file.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you are still eligible to purchase group international travel insurance if you have an immigrant visa, such as an H1-B visa, work permit, Green Card, or Permanent Residency (PR). Your policy’s maximum duration will be constrained, though. You must purchase the policy from the nation you are immigrating to after the allotted time has passed.
Depending on your group’s needs, you can choose group international travel insurance; however, in most cases, the risk period will begin on the day that the trip begins. To avoid last-minute hassles, it is advised to buy travel insurance with plenty of time to spare.
ManipalCigna will cover any costs associated with pre-policy medical testing for policies that have been issued. In decline cases, the entire premium is refunded (less 50% of the cost of any medical tests that were conducted and paid for by the company).
If a pre-existing medical condition is specifically identified in the policy certificate or insurance certificate, it will be covered.
The company’s customer representative will get in touch with you to help with the necessary information and provide the assistance you require to schedule and complete any additional formalities in this regard. Medical tests (if required) for any specific group/age or sum insured.