Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Policy
ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection-Critical Care offers payment of the entire Sum Insured on the first diagnosis of 15 or 30 major illnesses and procedures. This one also has the benefit of a medical second opinion and access to the online wellness program. It is a global plan that assures financial support during critical times to ensure that one gets access to premium medical care. To know more about this plan, have a look at the following mentions.
|Age at entry
Minimum – 18 years
Maximum – 65 years
|Self, Spouse, Dependent Children, Dependent – Parents, In-laws, Brothers, Sisters, Grandchildren.
|Individual and family basis
|1, 2, and 3 years
|Premium payment mode
|Single, Annual, Half-yearly, Quarterly, Monthly
Minimum – Rs. 1 lakh
Maximum – Rs. 25 crores
|Free look period
|30 days in the case of single and yearly premium policies.
Key Benefits of Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care
This plan has come up with a sack full of benefits and facilities. Some of the important mentions are as follows.
- The basic plan covers the following 15 critical illnesses.
- Cancer of Specified Severity
- Myocardial Infarction (First Heart Attack – of Specific Severity)
- Open Chest CABG
- Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart Valves
- Coma of Specified Severity
- Kidney Failure Requiring Regular Dialysis
- Stroke Resulting in Permanent Symptoms
- Major Organ / Bone Marrow Transplant
- Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
- Motor Neuron Disease with Permanent Symptoms
- Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms
- Primary (Idiopathic) Pulmonary Hypertension
- Aorta Graft Surgery
- Loss of Sight
- The enhanced plan covers the following 15 critical illnesses:
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Aplastic Anaemia
- End Stage Lung Failure
- End Stage Liver Failure
- Third Degree Burns
- Fulminant Hepatitis
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Benign Brain Tumor
- Apallic Syndrome
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Medullary Cystic Disease
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Loss of Speech
- Systemic Lupus Erythematous
- The insured will get the entire Sum Insured on the first diagnosis of any of the 30 critical illnesses. One can also get the benefit of an additional 10% of the Sum Insured in case he/she opts for staggered claim payment.
- One can choose from a wide range of Sum Insured options to suit his/her requirements.
- One can take protection up to 10 times his/her gainful annual income.
- The Individual Plan covers the insured person and his/her family members. One can avail of a discount of 10% for covering more than 2 family members under the same policy.
- It offers a flexible policy tenure and allows you to enjoy a discount of 7.5% and 10% on selecting a 2 and 3 years single premium policy, respectively.
General Exclusions of Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care
Before buying an insurance plan, it is very important to know and understand the exclusions of the policy for which it does not offer any coverage to avoid any future problems. So, to avoid future complexities and claim denial, here are the general exclusions of Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care.
- Any self-inflicted injury, suicide, or suicide attempt falls under the category of exclusions.
- Diagnosis expenses not related to the current diagnosis and treatment are not covered by the plan.
- If you are having bed rest and do not have any medical treatment for the disease, it is not covered by the policy.
- Any treatment cost related to obesity control will not be compensated by the policy.
- Any unrecognized or unauthorized medical procedure is to be excluded and the doctor, surgeon, or medical practitioner has to be licensed and registered.
- Any treatment or surgery related to gender treatment will not be reimbursed by the company.
- Cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery are not covered by the plan.
- If you take part in any kind of hazardous activities or adventurous sports like sky diving, para-gliding, scuba diving, etc., and gain injury from that, that is not covered by the plan.
- Injury incurred due to the participation in any unlawful act, or due to war, war-like situation, riots, public unrest, etc, will not be covered by the policy.
- Treatments for the consumption of alcohol, drug, or any intoxicating substance are excluded.
- Circumcision, unless necessary for Treatment of an Illness or Injury not excluded hereunder or due to an accident.
- Birth control procedures, contraceptive supplies or services including complications arising due to supplying services, hormone replacement therapy and voluntary termination of pregnancy, surrogate or vicarious pregnancy.
Buying Process of Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care
One can easily buy this policy online by visiting the official website of Probus Insurance and following the below steps carefully.
- Look for the ‘We Are Here’ chatbot option on the bottom right side of this page.
- After that, select the concerned department and enter details such as full name, email address, and phone number.
- Once you are done providing the necessary information, click on the ‘Start Chat’ option.
- Inform the executive of the company about his/her intention to buy this plan. S(h)e will guide the person throughout the process.
Claim Process of Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care
The company has both cashless and reimbursement claim processes. The step-by-step guide for both procedures is mentioned here.
Cashless Claim Procedure:
- If the hospitalization is a planned one, report to the hospital desk 48 hours prior to the hospitalization if it is an emergency, intimate the insurer within 24 hours.
- The hospital TPA will submit the preauthorization form and medical records to the insurer.
- If there is a need to increase the approved cashless amount during hospitalization, one must submit the relevant documents to the hospital TPA. They will share that with the insurer for approval.
- Once the treatment is received, at the time of discharge, the hospital TPA will submit the final bill and discharge summary to the insurer.
- The company will assess the claim documents.
- After the final assessment of the claim request, the insurance TPA gives an enhanced/final approval for the final amount.
- After evaluating the claim, if no discrepancy is found, the company will pay the amount directly to the hospital.
- There are some non-payable expenses that do not get covered by the insurance company. This has to be borne by the insured person.
Reimbursement Claim Procedure:
- In this case, one can receive treatment at any hospital of his/her choice.
- Keep all the records in hand.
- The claim form must be downloaded from the company’s official website. Submit all the relevant documents to the insurer.
- If no discrepancy is found, the claim will be processed.
- The reimbursement amount will be transferred directly to the registered bank account of the insured person.
- Claim Form duly filled and signed
- Original pre-authorization request
- Copy of pre-authorization approval letter(s)
- Copy of photo ID of Insured Person verified by the Hospital
- Original discharge/death summary
- Operation theatre notes (if applicable)
- Original Hospital main bill and break-up bill
- Original investigation reports, X-Ray, MRI, CT Films, HPE
- Medical Practitioner’s reference slips for investigations/pharmacy
- Original pharmacy bills
- MLC/FIR report/post-mortem report (if applicable and conducted)
- Any other documents, as requested by the insurer.
Frequently Asked Questions
For installment (Half-yearly and quarterly) premium policies, the revival period shall be 30 days, and for monthly premium payment mode, the revival period shall be 15 days from the due date of the next installment.
This would be required on the basis of age, plan, Sum Insured, and medical history.
You can place a cancellation request within the policy period. Moreover, refunds will be on a short period basis. No refund will be processed for cancellation of policies with premium payment mode as Half-yearly, Quarterly, and Monthly.
The following waiting periods will be applicable:
- The first 90 days waiting period will apply.
- Benefit payment will be subject to a survival period of 30 days following the first diagnosis of critical illness or surgical procedure.
Premium can be paid on a Single, Yearly, Half yearly, Quarterly, and Monthly basis. Loading will be applicable for Half-yearly, Quarterly, and Monthly payment modes.
|Premium payment mode
|Loading on premium
This plan entitles you to Income Tax Benefits under Sec.80D of the Income Tax Act, India 1961.
One can avail of any one of the following:
Lump Sum Payout:
Under this, the full Sum Insured will be paid upon diagnosis of the covered Critical Illness.
On the occurrence of a Critical Illness, 25% of the Sum Insured will be paid as a lump sum. Balance 75% and an additional 10% of SI will be paid in 60 equated monthly installments. You also have the flexibility to opt for a lump sum payout at the time of claim settlement if you desire so.