Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy
Lifestyle Protection Group Policy offers a choice of protection against the consequences of unforeseeable accidents and the risk of critical illness under one cover. A corporate or groups/ associations with the commonality of purpose can purchase this policy for their employees or members and dependents. It is an entirely customizable policy to suit the requirements of the employees or group members, giving the insured the flexibility and freedom to design the cover he/she needs. to know more about this policy, have a look at the following mentions.
|Age at entry|
Minimum – 18 years (5 years for dependent under Group Personal Accident cover) (children, grandchildren, siblings)
Maximum – 75 years (65 years subject to underwriting review for Group Critical Illness) 25 years for dependent
|Cover type||Individual only|
|Relationships covered||Self, Dependant – spouse, parents, parent in-laws, unmarried children, unmarried grandchildren, unmarried siblings|
|Policy period||1 year (1 year, max up to 5 years term available for Credit Linked Policy)|
|Minimum group size||7|
|Premium||Monthly/ Quarterly/ Half-yearly/ Annual/ Single payments (Short period and on duty cover available for Group Personal Accident policy)|
Minimum – Rs. 10000
Maximum – Rs. 50 crores
What Are The Key Benefits of the Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy?
The followings are some of the important benefits of this policy.
Accidental Death Benefit:
If the Insured Person suffers an Injury during the Policy Period solely and directly due to an Accident that occurs during the Policy Period and results in the death of the Insured Person within 365 days from the date of the Accident, the company will pay the Sum Insured as specified against this benefit in the Policy Schedule.
Permanent Total Disablement Benefit:
If the Insured Person suffers an Injury due to an Accident that occurs during the Policy Period and that Injury solely and directly results in the Permanent Total Disablement of the Insured Person, which is of the nature specified in the policy schedule, within 365 days from the date of the Accident, the company will pay the Sum Insured.
Critical Illness Benefits:
This policy offers protection against 36 critical illnesses, such as cancer, open chest CABG, coma of specified severity, open heart replacement, aorta graft surgery, bone marrow transplant, etc.
Survival Period Waiver Clause (optional benefit):
If opted at the time of policy inception, the company will waive the survival period applicable on
Insured Persons and accept the claim as on the day of the occurrence of the event provided all the conditions related to the Critical Illness definition are satisfied.
Loss of Earning Benefit (Optional Benefit):
In the case of salaried Insured Persons, a monthly income for 3 months is based on the average of the last 3 months’ salary slip of the previous employer. This payout is limited to base monthly income, excluding overtime, bonuses, tips, commissions, or any other special compensation. In the case of self-employed Insured Persons, a monthly income for 3 months is based on the last income tax returns filed by the Insured Person with the income tax department.
Wellness Benefit (optional benefit):
The Insured Person may avail of a health check-up with the company’s network provider. Health check-ups will be arranged by the company. Original copies of all reports will be provided to the Insured Person, while a copy of the same will be retained by the company. Coverage under this Optional Cover will not be available on a reimbursement basis.
Education Fund Benefit (optional benefit):
This benefit shall be payable subject to the dependent child being up to 25 years of age as of the date of occurrence of the event and provided that the dependent child is pursuing an educational course as a full-time student at an accredited educational institution and does not have any independent source of income. Any Claim towards this benefit that becomes admissible where the Dependent child (children) is a minor shall be payable to the Legal Guardian.
General Exclusions of Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy
The company is not liable to pay any benefit if the claim arises out of the following situations.
- Any Illness, sickness, or disease other than those specified as Critical Illnesses under this Policy.
- Any claim with respect to any Critical Illness first diagnosis and/or manifestations first commence/occurs prior to the Inception Date.
- Any condition caused by or associated with any sexually transmitted disease, including Genital Warts, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Genital Herpes, Chlamydia, Pubic Lice, and Trichomoniasis.
- Any Critical Illness arising out of the use, abuse, or consequence or influence of any substance, intoxicant, drug, alcohol, or hallucinogen.
- Narcotics used by the Insured Person unless taken as prescribed by a registered Medical Practitioner.
- Any Critical Illness caused due to intentional self-injury, suicide, or attempted suicide, whether the person is medically sane or insane.
- Any Critical Illness caused by or arising from or attributable to a foreign invasion, the act of foreign enemies, hostilities, warlike operations, civil war, public defense, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power.
- Any Critical Illness caused by ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel (explosive or hazardous form) or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, nuclear, chemical, or biological attack.
- Working in underground mines, tunneling, or work involving electrical installations with high tension supply, or as jockeys or circus personnel.
- External Congenital Anomalies or any complications or conditions arising therefrom, including any developmental conditions of the Insured Person.
- Insured Persons whilst engaging in a speed contest or racing of any kind
- Participation by the Insured Person in any flying activity, except as a bona fide, authorized passenger of a recognized airline on regular routes and on a scheduled timetable.
- Any loss resulting from, contributed, aggravated, or prolonged by childbirth or from pregnancy except loss arising from ectopic pregnancy.
- Any Critical Illness arising or resulting from the Insured Person or any of his family members committing any breach of law or participating in an actual or attempted felony, riot, crime, misdemeanor, or civil commotion with criminal intent.
- In the event of the death of the Insured Person within the survival period of 30 days from the date of diagnosis of the Critical Illness.
Buying Process of Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy
One can easily buy this policy online by visiting the official website of Probus Insurance and following the below steps carefully.
- Find ‘We Are Here’ chatbot on the bottom right side of this page.
- Select your department and enter your full name, email address, and phone number. Click on ‘Start Chat’.
- Inform the company’s executive about your intention to buy this plan and (s)he will guide you through its buying process.
Claim process of Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy
Both the cashless and reimbursement claim processes have been discussed below.
Cashless Claim Procedure:
- For planned hospitalization, report to the hospital desk 48 hours prior to the hospitalization. For emergency hospitalization, intimate the insurer within 24 hours.
- The preauthorization form and medical records will be submitted by the hospital TPA to the insurer.
- In case during hospitalization, there is a need to increase the approved cashless amount, the relevant documents need to be submitted to the hospital TPA who will share that with the insurer for approval.
- At the time of discharge, the hospital TPA will submit the final bill and discharge summary to the insurer.
- After the final assessment of the claim request, the insurance TPA gives an enhanced/final approval for the final amount.
- Once the final approval comes, there are some non-payable expenses that do not get covered by the insurance company. this has to be borne by the insured person.
Reimbursement Claim Procedure:
- Get treatment at any hospital of your choice. Keep all the records in hand.
- Download the claim form and prepare all the original documents as listed in the claim form.
- Submit all the required documents at the nearest ManipalCigna branch for claim processing.
- Once the claim is processed, the reimbursement amount will be transferred directly to the registered bank account of the insured person.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following choices are available.
- Group Personal Accident + Optional Covers under GPA
- Group Critical Illness + Optional Covers under GCI
- Group Personal Accident + Optional Covers under GPA + Group Critical Illness + Optional Covers under GCI
- Group Personal Accident + Optional Covers under GPA + Group Critical Illness
- Group Critical Illness + Optional Covers under Group Critical Illness +Group Personal Accident
- Group Personal Accident + Group Critical Illness
- Group Personal Accident only
- Group Critical Illness only
Yes, Non-resident Indians working in India and earning in Indian currency can be covered under this policy.
A Corporate can purchase this policy for their Employees and Dependents, or groups/ associations with the commonality of purpose can purchase this policy for their members and dependents. Affinity groups would include cooperative Societies, NGOs, Bank/Mutual Fund customer groups, holders of the same credit card and members of the same social or cultural association, and so on.
Yes, the policy allows Companies/Affinity groups to tailor-make different benefit structures for Employees/Group members, which will result in different benefit categories being reflected on the policy schedule.
There is no cumulative bonus or no claim discount in the Lifestyle Protection Group policy.