Compare Premium. Buy Now.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
ManipalCigna Lifetime Health Plan
Manipalcigna Lifetime Health insurance plan is a comprehensive medical insurance policy that has been designed keeping in mind the needs of the policy-seekers. Even if you want to seek medical coverage abroad, this policy will be there beside you. It is best suited for individuals, families, and for multi-individuals as well. This plan has come up with multiple sum insured options and is so flexible that you can customize the plan as per the changing life stages with optional packages such as Global+ (Global OPD & more), Women+ (specialized package for women), and Health+ (coverage enhancement). Along with the basic covers of a standard health policy, this plan also offers optional benefits and add-on covers to cater to the varied needs of the individuals.
Key Highlights of Manipal Cigna Lifetime Health
Once you have known the basic details of the plan, this is the time when you need to know about the features that have made this plan unique and popular among the customers. Here are the mentions.
- Restoration of the sum insured – Under this policy, multiple Restoration is available in a Policy Year in addition to the sum insured opted. For this, the illnesses have to be unrelated. The restored amount will be available for claim towards expenses covered in the country only.
- Premium waiver cover – If the proposer is diagnosed with any of the pre-specified critical illnesses, or in case of accidental death, permanent total disability, or permanent partial disability of the propose, the renewal premium will be paid by the company for one policy year, only if the proposer is also insured under the same policy.
- Critical illness add-on cover – This cover can be availed of by paying a little extra premium amount. On diagnosis of listed critical illness, a lump sum payment of the sum insured is payable under this benefit.
- Cancellation – You can apply for the cancellation of the policy at any point in time. In that case, the premium refund will be on a short period basis. The company does not provide any refund on cancellation for Premium payment mode Monthly, Quarterly, Half – Yearly.
- Major illnesses – This plan provides coverage for treatment of up to 27 major illnesses abroad only if the Global Plan is opted for by the policy seeker.
- Continuity benefit – This benefit is available on the entire chosen Sum Insured for those with an existing base sum insured (excluding cumulative bonus) of Rs. 10 lakhs and above. This is subject to the terms and conditions of the insurer.
|Minimum entry age|
Child – 91 days
Adult – 18 years
|Maximum entry age|
Child – 25 years (In a family floater policy)
Adult – 65 years
|Cover type||Individual and family floater|
|Policy period||1, 2, and 3 years|
|Grace period||15/30 days|
|Premium payment modes||Single, yearly, half-yearly, quarterly, and monthly|
|Free-look period||15 days|
Individual Plan: An Individual plan can be bought for self, lawfully wedded spouse, children, parents, siblings, a parent-in-law, grandparents and grandchildren, son-in-law and daughter-in-law,
uncle, aunt, nephew, and niece
Floater Plan: A floater plan can cover self, lawfully wedded spouse, children up to the age of 25 years, parents, and parents in laws. A floater cover can cover a maximum of 2 adults and 3 children under a single policy. Combinations allowed under 2 Adults are Self & Spouse or Father & Mother or Father-in-law & Mother-in-law.
|Sum insured options||Rs. 50 lakhs, Rs. 75 lakhs, Rs. 100 lakhs, Rs. 150 lakhs, Rs. 200 lakhs, and Rs. 300 lakhs|
Indian Plan (Domestic Coverage)
Global Plan (Domestic and global coverage)
In general – 30 days
For specific ailments – 24 months
For pre-existing diseases – 24 months
Critical illness add-on cover – 90 days (Survival period – 30 days).
Coverage Details of Manipal Cigna Lifetime Health Plan
Look at the following table to have an idea about the benefits of the plan.
|Parameters||Descriptions||Indian plan||Global plan|
|Day care treatment||All Day Care Treatments, availed in India, covered up to the full Sum Insured.||Yes||Yes|
|Pre-hospitalization expenses||60 days||Yes||Yes|
|Post-hospitalization expenses||180 days||Yes||Yes|
|Inpatient hospitalization for AYUSH treatment, road ambulance cover, donor expenses||Up to full Sum Insured, for treatment availed in India||Yes||Yes|
|Domiciliary expenses||Up to 10% of Sum Insured, for expenses incurred in India.||Yes||Yes|
|Adult health check-up||Yes||Yes|
Robotic and Cyber Knife
Surgery, Modern and Advanced
Treatments, HIV/AIDS, and STD
Cover, Mental Care Cover
|Expenses incurred in India up to full Sum Insured||Yes||Yes|
for Major Illness
Global ambulance cover, medical evacuation, medical repatriation, repatriation of mortal remains, Global Robotic and
Cyber Knife Surgery, Global Modern and
|Global travel vaccination||No||Yes|
|Health+||Each benefit is available on an individual basis||Yes||Yes|
|Air ambulance cover|
Medical Devices and
|Up to Rs. 2 Lakhs and once in 3 Policy Years|
|Bariatric Surgery Cover|
|Major Illness Hospi Cash|
|Accidental Hospi Cash|
|Tele – Consultations|
|Global+||Only if you opted for the Global Plan, you are eligible for this optional package||No||Yes|
|Global Hospi Cash|
Global Out Patient
and Radiotherapy Cash
|Travel Expenses Benefit|
Worldwide – Rs. 5 lakhs
Worldwide excluding USA and Canada – Rs. 3 lakhs
|Global Second Opinion|
Exclusions of Manipalcigna Lifetime Health
Understanding of a plan remains incomplete if you do not know the items or situations for which the plan does not provide coverage. So, here are the exclusions of this policy.
- Any kind of investigation or evaluation expenses is not borne by the policy.
- Rest cure, rehabilitation, and respite care are not covered.
- Any expenses related to obesity or weight control, fertility, or sterility will fall under the category of exclusions.
- If any expenses arise due to gender treatment, plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, or anything that sort of, the policy will not take care of the expenses.
- If you take part in any hazardous activity or adventurous sports like paragliding, scuba diving, river rafting, etc. you will not be covered by the policy.
- Expenses arising out of the treatments related to the consumption of alcohol, drug, or any other intoxicating substances, the policy will not cover.
- Treatments received in health hydros, nature cure clinics, spas or similar establishments will be excluded as well.
- Dietary supplements and substances that can be purchased without a prescription, including but not limited to Vitamins, minerals, and organic substances will not be covered.
- Unproven treatments, refractive errors, breach of law, and excluded providers will not be taken care of.
Calculate Premium for Manipalcigna Lifetime Health
You can easily calculate the premium value for this policy by following the below easy steps.
- Go to the official website of Manipalcigna Health Insurance.
- On the top of the homepage, there will be the Products tab. Click on that.
- Among the multiple options, choose the Lifetime Health option. Select that.
- On the landing page, there will the Quick Quote option, if you scroll down the page a little.
- After that, you need to fill the blanks with required details such as the number of members to secure, date of birth, gender, contact details, etc.
- On the next page, you need to enter policy related details such as sum insured, policy tenure, optional cover, etc.
- Once you are done putting all the required credentials, click on the Calculate option.
- The premium amount for the given data will be displayed before you including the premium break-up.
- If satisfied, you can also purchase the policy from the same page by clicking on the Buy Now option.
For better clarity and understanding, here is an example.
Suppose, Mr. Basu, a 36-years old Kolkata-based businessman, wants to buy Manipalcigna Lifetime Health – Indian Plan for his family (spouse and daughter). Now let us find out how much premium amount he has to pay for this policy for the given data.
|Number of Members|
Adults – 2
Child – 1
|Age of the members|
Mr. Basu – 36 years
Mrs. Basu – 34 years
Child – 3 years
|Premium payment frequency||Single|
|Plan type||Family floater|
|All sum insured individuals are Indian||Yes|
|Sum insured||Rs. 75 lakhs|
|Policy period||3 years|
|Premium amount (Indian Plan)||Rs. 92,032.92 (Including taxes)|
Base Premium – Rs. 68,088.00
Add-on – Rs. 18,572.00
Final Amount Inclusive of Taxes – Rs. 92,032.92
Frequently Asked Questions
This policy offers several discounts as below:
- Long Term Discount: 7.5% for 2 years and 10% for 3 years policy term.
- Family Discount: 15% for covering 2 or more family members under a single individual policy.
- Online Renewal Discount: A discount of 3% p.a. on the premium from the next renewal, if the premium is received through NACH or Standing Instruction (where payment is made either by direct debit of the bank account or credit card).
- Loyalty Discount: 5% discount from 4th policy year to 7th policy year. 10% discount from 8th policy year onwards.
Yes, the add-on cover is available for both variations of the policy.
11 types of critical illnesses are covered under this add-on benefit.
You can contact the insurer by availing of any of the following methods:
- Callers from India (Toll-free number) – 1800-102-4462
- Callers outside India – +91 22 4985 4100 (Call charges as per the caller’s tariff plan will apply.
- For any queries email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any policy alterations email at – email@example.com
Yes, you can purchase, renew, and even file a claim online.