Manipal Cigna Prime Senior
ManipalCigna Prime Senior is a full-service health insurance policy with cutting-edge features created especially for senior citizens. Experts carefully curated this plan with the elderly in mind. This is a finished product that is only intended for seniors over the age of 56. There are two variations of this plan intended to offer comprehensive care at a reasonable cost:
The ManipalCigna Prime Senior Classic plan provides coverage for a broad range of benefits for seniors looking for all-inclusive comprehensive plans that are affordable, benefit Senior Citizens in their illness and wellness, and won’t break the bank.
The ManipalCigna Prime Senior Elite plan, which enhances the benefits of the Classic plan, provides several additional features to make sure that seniors get the most coverage for their money.
Read on to know more about the Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Insurance Plan in detail.
Here are the eligibility criteria for Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Insurance Plan.
|Entry Age Limit|
Minimum: 56 years
Maximum: 75 years
|Sum Insured (In Rs.)|
Classic plan: 3 Lacs/5 Lacs/7.5 Lacs/10 Lacs/15 Lacs/20 Lacs/25 Lacs/50 Lacs
Elite plan: 5 Lacs/7.5 Lacs/10 Lacs/15 Lacs/20 Lacs/25 Lacs/50 Lacs
|Policy Type:||Individual/Multi-individual and Family Floater options|
|Premium Payment Mode||Single, Half yearly, Quarterly, Monthly.|
Self, spouse, children, parents, siblings, parents-in-law, grandparents & grandchildren,
son-in-law and daughter-in-law, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, brother-in-law & sister-in-law
|Policy Period||1, 2, and 3 years (Discount of 7.5% for 2 years and 10 % for 3 years policy term with single premium payment mode)|
|Domiciliary Hospitalization||Up to the Sum Insured|
|Reduction in Pre-existing disease waiting period||Pre-existing disease waiting period will be reduced to 90 days|
Main Features and Benefits of Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Insurance Plan
The following are the key features and benefits of considering the Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Insurance Plan.
- Tax Saving: The Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Health Insurance Plan qualifies for tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961.
- Plan Options: Depending on your requirements, you can tailor the Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Health Insurance Plan as a family, individual, or multi-individual plan.
- Flexible Sum Insured Option: You can select a sum insured for the “basic plan” that ranges from Rs. 3 lakhs to Rs. 50 lakhs. In contrast, you can select the insured amount for the “Elite plan” from Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 50 lakh.
- Rider Options: To get even more benefits, you can add several riders or add-ons to the Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Health Insurance Plan, such as Health 360 Shield and Health 360 OPD.
- Reduction in PED Waiting Period: The Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Health Insurance Plan has a specific waiting period provision; however, with this add-on, this waiting period can be shortened.
- Room Category Flexibility: Another major benefit of the Manipal Cigna Prime Senior plan is that it easily accepts treatment in a room category for which you are not eligible, and you will only be charged the additional difference in room rent. There are no proportionate fees for things like nursing costs and doctor visits.
- Inpatient hospitalization: The plan covers room costs and all medical costs for hospital stays longer than 24 hours. Additionally, if the selected room category is higher than the qualifying one, no proportionate deduction on related medical expenses will be allowed.
- Pre, Post & In-patient Hospitalization: Get coverage for pre, post, and inpatient hospitalisation up to the Sum Insured for 30 days before and 60 days after the hospitalisation under the Classic Plan and for 60 days before and 90 days after the hospitalisation under the Elite Plan.
- Air Ambulance: Transport costs to the closest hospital or healthcare facility in the event of a life-threatening condition requiring prompt medical attention.
- Daily Cash for Shared Accommodation: For each continuous and finished 24 hours of hospitalization in a shared room, a set daily cash benefit is provided. Only applicable after a hospital stay of 48 hours. The benefit will start to be paid on the first day.
- Daycare Treatment: Another major benefit is that it provides coverage for medical costs associated with procedures requiring less than a 24-hour hospital stay.
- Domiciliary Care at Home: Expenses are still covered when a patient’s condition prevents them from being transported to the hospital or when a bed is not available.
- Unlimited Restoration, even for the same illnesses: If you ever run out of coverage, Prime Senior coverage will always restore you to 100% of your insured amount. That applies to both illnesses and injuries that are related and unrelated. Starting with the second claim onward.
Exclusions Under the Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Policy
Listed below are the things not included under the Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Insurance Plan.
- Breaking the law
- Nuclear fuel or radiation contamination
- Dangerous or adventurous activities
- Civil war or foreign invasion
Premium Illustration Of Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Insurance Plan Work
Let’s consider Mr. Puneet Kumar, a senior citizen from New Delhi, as an example. He was looking to purchase a specific health plan that would protect him from high medical costs and spare his son the burden because medical costs are rising. He ultimately decided to choose the Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Insurance policy after conducting extensive research.
|Age||Sum Insured||Payment Frequency||Policy Duration||ManipalCigna Prime Senior – Elite||ManipalCigna Prime Senior – Classic|
|63 Years||Rs. 10 Lacs||Single||1 Year||₹33,168.62 Per Annum|
|68 Years||Rs. 20 Lacs||Single||2 Years (7.5% Discount)|
How to Buy Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Insurance Plan?
The rise in illnesses has been matched by the rise in medical innovation that provides treatment for those illnesses. Such medical progress, however, has a price. The cost of medicine is increasing incredibly quickly. As a result, it makes financial sense for senior citizens to buy health insurance to combat the rising cost of medical care and be ready in case of an emergency.
If you are looking to buy Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Insurance Plan, listed below are the steps you will need to follow.
- Go to the official website of Manipal Cigna Health Insurance.
- Then, go to the top, and find “Products”. Hover over it. Then, you will find “Prime Senior”. Click on it to open the plan page.
- After that, you will see a “Quick Quote” button in the banner. Click on it.
- The moment you click on it, you will see a table asking you to select the number of adults, date of birth, and gender and enter your Pincode, Email Id, and Contact Number. Once you are done entering all the details, select the “Checkbox” to proceed with the process. After that, click on “Get OTP”.
- Then, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. After that, enter your OTP and proceed with the buying process.
- Then, a new page will open where you see your plan details along with Sum Insured, Plan Type, Pin code, Policy Duration, and more. On your right, you see a small table showing you the premium amount that you will need to pay.
- After checking all the details if you are satisfied with the policy details, click on the “Buy Now” button.
- Once you click on it, you will need to select the document proof and your date of birth. After entering your ID proof details and birthdate, click on the “Proceed” button.
- You can make the payment using your credit/debit card, Nett Banking, EMI, or UPI on the payment page that opens after you click it. Pick the strategy that works best for you. After that, click “Proceed to Pay”.
- The final step will involve sending you a message and the policy documents via email and your registered mobile number.
How to File a Claim for Your Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Insurance Plan?
To take full advantage of the plan, you must understand how to submit a claim in the event of an unfortunate accident. Even if you have the Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Health insurance plan, it is useless if you don’t understand how to file a claim. As a result, you must now thoroughly understand the claim procedure to prevent future problems.
Let’s understand the meaning and the processes involved in both these types of claims.
Claim settlement process via cashless mode/pre-planned:
- Visit the preferred network hospital
- Present your cashless card at TPA.
- Complete and submit the Cashless Request Claim Form to the TPA.
- Make sure you have a valid photo ID and your policy number.
- Submit the pertinent paperwork needed for the procedure.
- Your insurer and the TPA will work together to create a pre-authorization form.
- Following verification, the insurer will approve the payment for the cost of the necessary treatment.
- Ensure that you bring all of your medical history and hospital bills with you.
Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process:
Follow the steps given below to raise a reimbursement claim under the Manipal Cigna Prime Senior health insurance policy:
- As soon as possible, let Manipal Cigna know that you are in the hospital.
- Attend a hospital for treatment
- Pay all hospital bills upon discharge and gather all paperwork.
- Send your health insurance provider all the necessary paperwork.
- Manipal Cigna will examine all the supporting documentation and handle the claim by your health insurance policy’s terms and conditions.
- The claim amount will be paid to you after your claim has been approved.
Documents Required to File a Health Insurance Claim
The following documents should be submitted to file a claim:
- Health Card (Health Insurance ID Card)
- All the consultation papers provided by the doctor
- Completely filled-in claim form
- All the investigation and diagnosis reports, such as CT scans, X-rays, blood reports, etc.
- Hospital bills with payment receipts
- Medico-Legal Certificate (MLC) or/and FIR (in case of accidents)
- Invoices of the pharmacy with respective prescriptions and payment receipts
- Discharge summary
- Any other relevant documents requested by the insurer
How to Renew Your Manipal Prime Senior Health Insurance Plan?
All health insurance plans, including the Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Health Insurance Plan, have a set period of validity, after which they must be renewed. The insured person will forfeit all accrued benefits, including waiting period benefits, if the policy is not renewed on time and it lapses.
Listed below are the steps to renew your Manipal Cigna Prime Senior Health Policy.
Visit the official website of Manipal Cigna Insurance.
- Then, at the top, is the “renewal” button. When your mouse is over it, you can see two options. Select “Retail Customer” by clicking.
- Clicking it will bring up a new page where you must enter the “Policy Details” and “Date of Birth of Proposer” information.
- After accurately filling out all of the information fields, click “Renew Now.”
- After that, you must pay to have your insurance renewed. After that, you can use a credit or debit card to renew your insurance.
- The email address and phone number you have on file will receive a message with information about your policy after you make your payment.
You can contact their customer service department at 1800 102 4465 if you need assistance or if you are still having trouble renewing your Manipal Cigna Prime Senior policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are hospitalised, the claim will be honoured, provided that any medical reports from a government-approved diagnostic facility are positive for COVID-19.
Simply select the “Any room” category and make no other adjustments. This means that if a guest chooses a higher category room than is permitted, they will only be charged the additional difference in room rent. No further proportionate deductions for nursing care, doctor visits, etc.
With the Prime Senior plan from Manipal Cigna, if you ever fall short of the coverage, the company will restore 100% of the Sum Insured after the first claim in the policy year. This is possible in cases of accidents and illnesses that are both related and unrelated.