ManipalCigna Health Insurance Renewal
It is important to renew your health insurance policy before it expires for enjoying various benefits. The renewal process of Manipal Cigna Health Insurance is quick and easy and takes only a couple of minutes.
Depending on your policy term, you can renew your ManipalCigna Health Insurance plan after 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years. ManipalCigna Health Insurance also offers a grace period during which you can simply renew your health insurance coverage online or in person without losing your advantages.
How To Renew Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Plan Online?
For renewing Manipal Cigna Health Insurance plan online, you must adhere to the following steps:
- Pay a visit to the official website of the company.
- Click on the “Renewal” link and then select “Retail Customer”.
- A page will be displayed asking for your policy number. Enter your policy number and press “Proceed”.
- Examine the policy information on your screen. Pay online using one of the many payment options available.
- You will receive an email verifying the payment of the premium and the renewal of your policy.
Things To Keep In Mind While Renewing Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Plan
Following are some of the most important points that you should consider while renewing your Manipal Cigna Health Insurance plan:
- Keeping the same insurance company is not necessary nor mandatory. You can change your policy to your preferred carrier if you find a better service or coverage elsewhere. At the time of renewal, you can modify it by selecting the portability option.
- There are three key advantages to moving your policy: you will not lose any policy benefits, you will not incur any additional charges, and you will not be subject to any waiting period provisions.
- Inform your insurer of any new ailments you may have acquired by the renewal date to avoid any future issues.
- If necessary, you can increase the amount of the sum covered.
- It is ideal to renew your health insurance policy 15 days before the expiration date of the current policy.
Benefits For Renewing Health Insurance Plans With Manipal Cigna?
Manipal Cigna Health Insurance renewal process provides the following benefits to the policyholder:
- Premium Waiver Benefit At Renewal
The company will pay the next renewal premium for a policy tenure of one year if the policyholder, who is also an insured person under the policy, suffers permanent partial disablement, permanent total disablement, death due to an injury caused by an accident, or is diagnosed with a listed critical illness mentioned in the policy.
- Renewal Discounts
If the premium is received through NACH or Standing Instruction, the policyholder will receive a 3% p.a. reduction on the following renewal. This will eventually help you save a lot of money in the long run at the time of renewal.
- Availability Of Global Plan
The global plan is open to all insured persons who are residents of India at the time of the policy’s initiation and subsequent renewals. The policyholders can add the option of a global plan in order to get global coverage.
- Grace Period
The company also provides a 15 to 30 days grace period, which is applicable at renewal with all of the continuation benefits. This will allow the policyholder to pay the renewal premium on time and leverage the continuity benefits.
- Tax Benefits
Under Section 80 D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, Manipal Cigna Health Insurance renewals will provide you with various tax benefits.