Compare Premium. Buy Now.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
Niva Bupa Health Companion Plan
Niva Bupa Health Companion plan is a comprehensive plan that safeguards you as well as your family members from expenses arising out of personal accidents, critical illnesses, and other health emergencies. The policy is available in four different variants: Variant 1, 2, 3, and Family First, each with its own set of coverage features and sum insured options. Overall, this plan is affordable and reliable, with all of the smart features you’ll need to protect every member of your family from medical emergencies.
|Policy Tenure||1/2 Years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 2 Lakhs To Rs. 1 Crore|
For Variant 1: 48 Months
For Variant 2, Variant 3, & Family First: 36 Months (For Pre-Existing Diseases), 2 Years (For Specific Diseases/Conditions), 30 Days (Initial Waiting Period)
|Number Of Family Members Covered||19 Members Covered Under ‘Family First’ Variant|
Standout Features Of Niva Bupa Health Companion Plan
Following are some of the key features of the Niva Bupa Health Companion plan:
- Refill Benefit: If you are looking for a policy that may offer you 100% of your minimum sum insured, then look no further than Niva Bupa Health Companion plan. Under the policy, if the policyholder’s base sum insured gets exhausted, the plan offers 100% of your base sum insured as a refill benefit.
- Four Variants: The plan has four different variants to cover the needs of different individuals. The policyholder can choose from these plans as per their needs and requirements. The four variants are Variant 1, Variant 2, Variant 3, and Family First.
- Cashless Health Check-Ups: The policyholder can choose a test based on his/her needs and have cashless health check-ups under the plan.
- Any Age Enrolment: This plan is available to individuals at any age. One can also add a newborn (at least 91 days old) to this plan at the time of renewal.
- Lifelong Renewability: Regardless of the claim history of the insured person, the plan offers a lifelong renewability option with no extra loadings. With the lifetime renewability feature, the insured can assure that the policy can be renewed indefinitely, regardless of age or other restrictions. This ability to renew the plan for the rest of your life provides much-needed lifelong health insurance coverage.
- No Claim Bonus: For every claim-free year, the insured will get 20% more sum insured at the time of renewal. This amount can rise up to a maximum of 100%. This amount does not reduce in case of a claim.
- Tax Benefits: Under Section 80 D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, you can avail of tax benefits by buying this policy. The taxpayers can enjoy a deduction up to Rs. 25,000 from his/her taxable income for the premium of the health insurance plan. The amount is Rs. 30,000 for senior citizens.
Coverage Details Of Niva Bupa Health Companion Plan
|Variant 1||Variant 2||Variant 3||Family First|
|In-Patient Care||Covered Up To Sum Insured|
|Pre-Hospitalization Expenses||30 Days|
|Post-Hospitalization Expenses||60 Days|
|Hospital Cash||Rs. 1000 Per Day||Rs. 2000 Per Day||Rs. 4000 Per Day||Rs. 1000 OR Rs. 2000 Per day|
|Vaccination For Animal Bite||Up To Rs. 2,500||Up To Rs. 5000||Up To Rs. 7,500||Up To Rs. 5000|
|Daycare Treatment||Covered Up To Sum Insured|
|Organ Donor Transplant||Covered Up To Sum Insured|
|Emergency Ambulance||Up To Rs. 3,000|
|Room Rent||Up To SI|
|Alternative Treatments||Covered Up To SI|
|Domiciliary Hospitalization||Covered Up To SI|
|Modern Treatments||Covered Up To SI|
What's Not Covered By Niva Bupa Health Companion Plan?
The following expenses are not covered by the plan:
- Maintenance of artificial life
- Disaster & conflict
- Hazardous activities
- STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Ancillary hospital charges
- External congenital anomaly
- Sleep disorders
- Expenses related to convalescence & rehabilitation
- Cosmetic and plastic surgery
- Dental treatment
- Eyesight & optical services
- Puberty and menopause-related disorders
- Treatment received outside India
- Unrecognized physician or hospital
- Behavioral, Neurodevelopmental, and Neurodegenerative Disorders
- AYUSH treatments, except Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy
- Experimental or unproven treatment
- Reproductive medicine & other maternity expenses
- Robotic-assisted surgery
- Substance-related and addictive disorders:
- Unlawful activity
- HIV, AIDS, and related complex
- Hospitalization not justified
- Inconsistent, irrelevant, or incidental diagnostic procedures
- Mental and psychiatric conditions
- Non-medical expenses
- Obesity and weight control programs
- Off-label drug or treatment
Premium Calculation Of Niva Bupa Health Companion Plan
It is important to know the premium amount for Niva Bupa Health Companion plan before purchasing it. Therefore, we have calculated the premium amount for the plan concerning various parameters, such as sum insured, age, gender, etc.
|Name||Age (Years)||Gender||Sum Insured||Premium|
|Variant 1||Variant 2||Variant 3|
|Gopal Yadav||29||Male||Rs. 3 Lakhs||Rs. 6,073||Rs. 7,703||Rs. 11,016|
|Sushmita Kumari||41||Female||Rs. 15 Lakhs||Rs. 7,741||Rs. 10,131||Rs. 14,887|
|Ram Sharma||61||Male||Rs. 20 Lakhs||Rs. 22,592||Rs. 28,528||Rs. 40,630|
|Dimple Khanna||24||Female||Rs. 30 Lakhs||Rs. 5,573||Rs. 7,067||Rs. 10,103|
Frequently Asked Questions
It becomes quite difficult to determine how much protection is required. Due to escalating medical inflation, a cover that we consider adequate today will become obsolete tomorrow. Buying a large insurance cover under the current policy, on the other hand, may not be affordable or available. The deductible option in Health Companion works as a stepney to your health insurance plan. It’s an optional coverage that comes with a monetary restriction. It only takes effect when your total claim for the year exceeds the threshold limit.
Depending on the age of the person to be insured and the sum insured chosen, a medical examination may be required when you sign up for a new health insurance policy.
Yes. According to the terms and conditions of the Health Companion individual plan, the plan reimburses expenses incurred during the treatment for Coronavirus.
The hospital cash gets activated only after 48 hours of continuous hospitalization.