Compare Premium. Buy Now.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
Niva Bupa Reassure Plan
With a promise of a 30 minutes cashless claim facility, Niva Bupa Health Insurance has come up with a ReAssure plan that offers unlimited reinstatement of the sum insured for any medical emergency, and with this policy, you can also start your health check-up from day one. Apart from the standard benefits and facilities of a health insurance policy, this plan provides its customers with multiple discounts, and also booster benefits. Once you have purchased this plan, you have totally protected yourself and your family from different types of health hazards and risks. To know more about this plan, keep an eye on the following content.
|Family combination applicable||Up to 6 members|
|Plan type||Individual and family floater|
|Base sum insured||Rs. 3 lakhs, Rs. 4 lakhs, Rs. 5 lakhs, Rs. 7.5 lakhs, Rs. 10 lakhs, Rs. 12.5 lakhs, Rs. 15 lakhs, Rs. 20 lakhs, Rs. 25 lakhs, Rs. 50 lakhs, Rs. 75 lakhs, Rs. 1 crore|
|Waiting period||General – 30 days For pre-existing diseases – 3 years Personal Waiting Period for specified conditions – 2 years|
|Policy period||1, 2, and 3 years|
|Free look period||Generally, 15 days. 30 days for certain cases.|
Benefits of Niva Bupa Reassure Family Floater Policy
This plan has presented a sack full of benefits. Have a look at the following table to get a detailed idea about it.
|Inpatient care (without any room caping), home care treatment, day care treatment, domiciliary hospitalization, alternative (AYUSH) treatments, ICU charges, and living organ donor transplant||Up to sum insured|
|Pre-hospitalization expenses||60 days, up to the sum insured|
|Post – hospitalization expenses||180 days, up to the sum insured|
|ReAssure Benefit||Unlimited reinstatement of sum insured for any illness or anyone insured. This benefit is available for a single claim and is subject to payable up to the base sum insured.|
|Booster benefit||Increase of 50% of base sum insured in a policy year for a claim free year only. Subject to a maximum limit of 100%.|
Starts from day 1 for predefined lists of tests. Up to Rs. 500 for every Rs. 1 lakh sum insured.
Individual policy – Maximum Rs. 5000 per insured
Family floater policy – Maximum Rs. 10,000 per policy.
|Modern treatments||Up to sum insured with sublimit of Rs. 1 lakh for a few robotic surgeries.|
|Second medical opinion||Once per hospitalization|
|Live healthy benefit||You can collect points on Niva Bupa Health App by staying healthy, and can get a discount on renewal premiums up to 30%.|
|Emergency road ambulance.||Available, up to Rs. 2000 per hospitalization|
|Emergency air ambulance cover|
Cashless claim – Covered up to sum insured
Reimbursement claim – Up to Rs. 2.5 lakhs
|Shared accommodation cash benefit|
Up to Rs. 15 lakhs base sum insured: Rs. 800 per day and a maximum of Rs. 4800.
Above Rs. 15 lakhs base sum insured: Rs. 1000 per day and a maximum of Rs. 6000.
|Hospital cash (Minimum continuous 48 hours of hospitalization is required. Maximum coverage offered for 30 days per policy)|
Personal accident cover (available only for insured persons of age 18 years and above)
|5 times of base sum insured that is subject to a maximum limit of Rs. 1 crore|
Exclusions Under The Plan
Once you know about the plan benefits, you also need to go through the exclusions of the policy to get an overall idea of the plan, otherwise, you may face problems in the future. So, here are the general exclusions of the policy.
- After purchasing the policy, if you receive any medical treatment within the first 30 days, those expenses will not be covered unless and until it is arising out of an accident.
- For certain diseases and procedures such as cataracts, pancreatitis, chronic kidney disease, hernia, internal congenital anomaly, spinal disorder, etc., the exclusion is for 2 years.
- The expenses incurred due to investigation, evaluation, and OPD treatment will not be compensated by the policy.
- If you receive any treatment that is unproved, illegal, or unauthorized, you will not receive any reimbursement for that.
- The medical practitioner or the doctor has to be registered and licensed. Otherwise, the policy is not liable to pay any coverage.
- If there is a breach of law, conflict, or disaster, and excluded provider, it will also fall under the category of exclusions.
- If you take part in any hazardous activity or adventurous sports like mountaineering, hiking, para-gliding, etc. and any medical expenses occur due to that, the company will not take any responsibility for that.
- Any expenses related to change of gender treatments, hormone replacement therapy, cosmetic surgery, and plastic surgery will not be covered by the policy.
- If you are under the influence of alcohol, drug, or any other intoxicating substance and receive any treatment or injury due to that, the incurred expenses will not be covered.
- Sleep disorders and treatment related to it fall under the category of exclusions too.
- Any kind of dental treatment or oral treatment is not covered by the policy.
- Treatments related to sterility, fertility, and maternity expenses are excluded as well.
Premium Calculation of Niva Bupa Reassure Plan
Before buying a policy, you need to know the premium amount that you have to pay for the plan to get a clear idea. So, for your better understanding of the plan, here is an example.
Suppose, Mr. Sharma a Delhi-based 37-year-old businessman has bought the Niva Bupa ReAssure plan for this family for a policy period of 1 year. Let us find out how much premium amount he has to pay for different sum insured options under this policy.
|Plan Type||Number of members||Age||Cover||Original premium||Payable premium (after online discount)||Break-up of the premium|
|Family Floater||3 (self, spouse, and 1 child)|
Mr. Sharma – 37 years
Mrs. Sharma – 36 years
Their child – 3 years
|Rs. 10 lakhs||Rs. 22000||Rs. 20,900|
Premium amount – Rs. 20,900
Base premium – Rs. 18,644
Online discount – Rs. 932
GST (18%) – Rs. 3188
|Rs. 15 lakhs||Rs. 26,898||Rs. 25,553|
Premium amount – Rs. 25,553
Base premium – Rs. 22,795
Online discount – Rs. 1140
GST (18%) – Rs. 3898
|Rs. 20 lakhs||Rs. 30,216||Rs. 28,706|
Premium amount – Rs. 28,706
Base premium – Rs. 25,607
Online discount – Rs. 1280
GST (18%) – Rs. 4379
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you are entitled to receive the tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961.
For certain cases, it is mandatory. It would be advisable to undergo a pre-policy medical check-up procedure before obtaining this policy to be on the safer side.
Yes. All the indemnity plans of the company offer Covid-19cover. However, it is subject to the terms and conditions of the ReAssure policy.
Yes, it is covered. It falls under the category of modern treatments.
The grace period for this plan is 30 days.
Yes, you can have a second medical opinion if it is necessary and the plan will cover the expenses for that. This facility is available only once during a policy year.
No, this plan does provide coverage for kidney diseases and failure.
Yes, you can. In that case, the Insured Person has to give 15days written notice and, the Company will refund the premium on short term rates as available with the policy.