Reliance Health Infinity Plan
Even if you maintain a healthy lifestyle, you cannot avoid ailments and diseases, which may cause you a financial burden. Keeping in mind the skyrocketing medical expenses and the necessity of a health insurance plan, many health insurance companies have come up with different medical policies that can cater to the varied needs of individuals. When it comes to health policies, we cannot avoid Reliance General Insurance Company, as this company is one of the most trusted and promising companies in the insurance market. Being an innovative and customer-friendly company, Reliance has come up with an extraordinary medical plan, Health Infinity Plan, that not only keeps you and your family safe and secure but also promises to lessen your financial burden in the face of a medical emergency. Once you have opted for this plan, you can stay worry-free. To know more about this plan, have a look at the following mentions.
|Minimum entry age|
Child – 91 days
Adult – 18 years
|Maximum entry age|
Child – 25 years
Adult – 65 years
|Policy Tenure||1, 2, and 3 years|
|Family composition for Floater Policy||Maximum 8 members (2 adults and up to 6 children)|
|Sum Insured Options||Rs. 3 lakhs, Rs, 5 lakhs, Rs. 10 lakhs, Rs. 15 lakhs, Rs. 50 lakhs, and Rs. 1 crore.|
Initial – 30 days from the start of the policy date towards the treatment of any illness except claims related to an accident.
For specific diseases – 2 years of waiting period applies on specific diseases. Continuous coverage of 24 months is essential after the date of inception of the first policy.
For pre-existing diseases – 3 years waiting period for expenses related to the treatment of PED. Continuous coverage of 36 months is essential after the date of inception of the first policy.
|Cashless Facility||More than 8600 network healthcare centers are spread all over the country.|
Reliance Health Infinity Plan in Detail
This plan has come up with a sack full of benefits and facilities that help insured persons stay protected and healthy. The following table talks about those benefits in detail. Have a look.
|Inpatient hospitalization cover||It is covered with no sub-limits. This includes medical expenses like room rent, medical practitioner’s fees, nursing charges, etc. incurred due to an accident or ailment that requires more than 24 hours of continuous hospitalization.|
Co-payment of 50% of admissible Medical Expenses is applicable for all Sum Insured options. This includes stem cell therapy, robotic surgery, correction of eyesight due to refractive error above dioptre 14.0, supplementary medications, etc.
|Day care procedures||This policy covers medical procedures that do not require 24 hours hospitalization taken at a hospital or a day-care center. There is no sub-limit under this section.|
|Domiciliary hospitalization||It covers medical expenses at home for a period exceeding 3 consecutive days, which would otherwise have necessitated hospitalization. There is no sub-limit under this section.|
|Pre-hospitalization medical expenses||Up to 90 days|
|Post-hospitalization medical expenses||Up to 180 days|
|Organ donor expenses||Covered with no sub-limits|
|AYUSH treatment cover||The medical expenses for in-patient treatment taken under Ayurvedic, Unani, Siddha, and homeopathy are covered with no sub-limits.|
|Emergency road ambulance cover||Actual expenses incurred due to the transportation of a patient to the nearest hospital with adequate medical emergency facilities will be covered with no sub-limit.|
|Transportation benefit||Expenses incurred up to Rs. 500 for utilizing a registered radio cab operator’s services for transporting the insured person to and/or from the hospital are covered, provided that have approved a pre-authorization request.|
|Mental health cover||The policy covers hospitalization expenses due to Mental Health, Alzheimer’s’ and Parkinson’s Disease in accordance with Mental Healthcare Act, 2017.|
|Pre-policy medical check-up|
Above 45 years of age, pre-policy health check-ups will be
applicable irrespective of opted Sum Insured. For Sum Insured of Rs. 50 lakhs and Rs. 1 crore, it will be applicable irrespective of
Key Highlights of Reliance Health Infinity Plan
Apart from the above benefits, this plan has also presented several advantages that have made the plan unique, stronger, and popular among consumers. Those special benefits are mentioned below.
This is a unique cover of this plan that allows you to protect yourself with more sum insured over and above your plan. the following table will give you an idea that against how much sum insured, you can get how much enhanced cover.
|Sum insured||Enhanced cover|
|Rs. 3 lakhs||Rs. 1 lakh|
|Rs. 5 lakhs||Rs. 2 lakhs|
|Rs. 10 lakhs||Rs. 3 lakhs|
|Rs. 15 lakhs||Rs. lakhs|
|Rs. 50 lakhs||Rs. 15 lakhs|
|Rs. 1 crore||Rs. 30 lakhs|
This one is meant for you if you want your policy to cover you with More Time. Like if you pick a standard Health Infinity policy of 1-year policy tenure, you can get 1 month in addition, which will make your policy a 13 months policy. And similarly, if you choose a 2-Years policy tenure, you get 2 months in addition, so you enjoy a worry-free 26 months of coverage.
This policy offers you an option to choose More Global if you are a frequent globetrotter and the company will cover an emergency hospitalization anywhere you are, up to defined limits. It is equal to 100% of the Sum Insured, subject to a maximum limit of up to Rs. 20 lakhs.
Refuel and Recharge Benefits:
Hospitalisation cannot be budgeted, so if a medical claim exhausts your policy sum-insured within a policy year. In that case, the company automatically restores it 100% back for your use. So, if your sum insured is Rs. 10 lakhs initially, and you have claimed it all, the policy will refill Rs. 10 lakhs back so that you can use 100% of your sum insured again in case of a new or unrelated illness.
Cancellation of the Policy:
You can cancel the policy if you are not satisfied with its terms and conditions of it. In that case, the refund of the premium will be as per the following table.
|Length of time, policy in force||Refund of premium value|
|Up to 90 days||100%|
|Above 90 days||Pro-Rata|
Exclusions of the Reliance Health Infinity Plan
Understanding a policy is not completed if you do not go through its exclusions of it thoroughly. Therefore, to avoid future complications and to give you a comprehensive idea about the plan, here are the exclusions of the Reliance Health Infinity Plan.
- Any kind of breach of law with criminal intent or anything that does not fulfill the terms and conditions of the company will not be covered.
- Self-inflicted injury, suicide, and suicide attempt will be excluded from the policy.
- If you take part in any kind of hazardous activities or adventurous sports such as scuba diving, mountaineering, paragliding, etc., and pertain any injury from that, the company will not take any liability for that.
- Anything related to war, war-like situations, public unrest, commission, etc., will not be covered.
- The following medical conditions will fall under the category of exclusions under this policy:
- Illness or injury resulting from the use of alcohol, tobacco, narcotics, or psychotropic substances
- Self-detachable or removal of artificial body parts
- Treatment outside India except if opted for More Global
- Unregistered hospitals
- Weight controls programs
- Correction of eyesight except to the extent covered in Special Treatment
- Cosmetic, aesthetic, and re-shaping treatment and surgeries unless required because of Illness or Injury
- Alternative treatments except to the extent covered in AYUSH Benefit
- Out-patient basis treatment
- Unproven/Experimental treatments
- Admission primarily for diagnostics and evaluation only
- Any diagnostic expenses not related / not incidental to a covered illness
- A run-down condition that is rehabilitation, convalescence
- Hearing aids, spectacles, or contact lenses except covered in Special Treatment
- External congenital anomaly
- Any form of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and/or administration of other hormonal medication
- Venereal disease, sexually transmitted disease, or Illness
- Maternity Expenses
- Infertility, Sterility, Birth control
- Treatment and supplies for analysis and adjustments
Premium Calculation of Reliance Health Infinity Plan
After knowing the inclusions and exclusions of the plan, the next important thing is to know how much premium value you need to pay to purchase this policy. Therefore, to offer you a clearer picture here is an example.
Suppose, Mr. Ray, a 36-year-old businessman, bought Reliance Health Infinity Plan for himself. Let us find out how much premium amount he has to pay to avail of the benefits of the policy for the given credentials.
|Sum insured||Rs. 10 lakhs|
|Policy year||1 year|
|Smart benefit||More Cover|
|Total premium amount including GST||Rs. 10418|
Basic premium – Rs. 9810
Net premium – Rs. 8829
GST – Rs. 1589
Now, the same Mr. Ray wants to include his wife under the same policy. Certainly, the details will change. Therefore, now, we need to find out how much premium he has to pay for the given details.
|Age of the senior most member||36 years|
|Policy tenure||2 years|
|Sum insured||Rs. 15 lakhs|
|Smart benefits||More Cover and More Time|
|Cover for||Self and spouse|
|Premium amount including GST||Rs. 33872|
Basic premium – Rs. 33378
Add-ons and others – Rs. 2503
Net premium – Rs. 28705
GST – Rs. 5167
Frequently Asked Questions
Your policy premium includes one of the More Benefits for you to avail of, while the other two can be opted for by paying a little additional premium.
Restore Benefit sum insured can be used for any illness for which a claim has not been previously made. So, in your case, you cannot make a claim for the same ailment using the restored benefit sum insured.
The following discounts are offered by this policy:
- Voluntary Co-payment Discount – Co-payment is not mandatory in Reliance Health Infinity policy, but if you choose a have voluntary co-payment in your policy, the company offers a 10% discount on your premium.
- 2/3 Year Policy – If you choose a long-term policy for 2 or 3 Years, then the company will give you an additional 10% discount on your premium.
- Family Discount – With this policy, you can enjoy a special 10% discount depending on the family size when you insure more than one family member individually in the same policy rather than a family floater plan.
- Renewal Discount – If you get a health check-up done after completing one year of your health infinity policy and share the reports with the company, the insurer will offer you a 10% discount on your renewal premium.
- Prime Discount – If you are an existing customer or Reliance Group employee, you will get a 10% on the premium amount of this policy. This facility is applicable only one time.
- Online discount – If you buy the policy from the official website of the company, you are eligible to avail of a 10% discount on your health infinity premium.
The total discount for mentioned benefits, except for the Voluntary Co-payment discount, is limited to 30% only.
The costs of pre-policy medical check-ups will be borne by the company only. The reports will be issued to the insured for accepted cases only.