Reliance General Personal Accident Insurance Policy
Reliance General Personal Accident Insurance offers financial compensation in such an event where bodily injuries due to accidents lead to total/partial disability or death. This policy guarantees a person’s and his or her family’s financial security in the event that they are hurt or tragically pass away in an accident. The key selling point of the policy is that it offers a 5% increase in CSI (in the event of death or permanent total disability), up to a maximum of 50%, for each year of insurance that has been claimed-free.
As a bonus, the policy provides reimbursement for legitimate medical costs incurred as a result of an accident up to 40% of the compensation paid or 20% of the CSI, whichever is lower. To receive this benefit, a 20% supplemental premium must be paid.
Read on to know more about the Reliance General Personal Accident Insurance Policy in detail!
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Reliance General Personal Accident Insurance Policy.
Minimum- 18 Years
5 – 25 years
Maximum- 70 Years
|Rs. 5 – 20 Lakhs
|Accidental Death & Permanent Disability
Here are the coverage details for the Reliance General Personal Accident Insurance Policy.
|Reimbursement of transportation
|up to Rs. 2500/-
|In case of death or permanent total disablement
|5% increase in CSI
|Permanent Total Disablement (PTD)
|Permanent Partial Disablement (PPD)
|From 1% to 75% as per policy conditions
|Carriage Of Dead Body
|A lump sum of 2% of Capital Sum Insured or Rs. 2,500/- whichever is less
|Provide 5% of the expiring Policy Capital Sum Insured
Features and Benefits of Choosing Reliance General Personal Accident Insurance
The following are the salient features and benefits of considering the Reliance General Personal Accident Insurance Policy.
- Accidental Death Benefit
In the event of the insured person’s accidental death, this benefit includes a 100% payout to the nominee. It serves as the policy’s foundational protection and ensures that your family will be secure for some time after your passing. The candidate would be the deceased person’s legitimate heir.
- Permanent Total Disability Benefits
This compensation covers illnesses and disabilities that prevent you from ever returning to your previous work. Total disability can result from losing both eyes or physically separating limbs, both of which can cause severe financial hardship in addition to mental distress.
- Child Education Benefit
The dependent children’s college costs are covered by insurance in the event of an insured person’s accidental death or total permanent incapacity.
- Family Security
The family is completely financially protected by the accidental cover. As a result, it offers the family tremendous support and gives them time to grieve their losses.
- Cumulative Bonus
There is a benefit and you can receive a 5% increase in the capital sum covered for each finished and continuous policy year, up to a maximum of 50%, for each claim-free year.
- Reimbursement Benefit
The person’s expenses and medical bills are covered, and in the event of death, the nominee receives 100% sum.
- Unmatched Support
With a large team, a support representative from Reliance General Insurance will always be accessible to assist you through call or chat, depending on your desire, and all of your insurance-related questions will be promptly answered. The support staff is competent and will help you through the procedure if you want to submit a claim.
- Carriage Of Dead Body
In addition to the sum payable under the previous Clause (a), the Company shall also pay for the transportation of the insured person’s dead body to the place of residence in a lump sum of 2% of the Capital Sum Insured or Rs. 2,500/- in the event of death of the insured person due to accident as defined in the policy outside of his or her residence.
- Cumulative Bonus
If there are no claims in the final policy year, the company will award a cumulative bonus equal to 5% of the expired policy capital sum insured after each policy year.
What’s Excluded Under Reliance General Personal Accident Insurance Policy?
Even if there are many potential post-accident scenarios mentioned, it is impossible to mention them all. The following are excluded from this personal accident insurance policy’s coverage:
- Compensation for the same time of disability under multiple clauses
- Any claim made during the same insurance period that exceeds the capital amount insured payment of damages for death or disability brought on by:
- Suicide, attempted suicide, etc.
- Pregnancy and/or childbirth
- War and nuclear perils
- Ionizing radiation or radioactivity
- HIV / AIDS / or death due to any disease
- Natural death (not under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs)
Buying Process: How to Buy Reliance General Personal Accident Insurance Policy?
Although purchasing the Reliance General Personal Accident Insurance Policy can provide many benefits, it is regrettably not possible to do so through the Reliance Insurance official website. There is no need to worry, though. Probus Insurance is still where you may make your purchase.
Probus Insurance Broker Private Limited, a specialised insurance broker, operates all over India and offers a variety of insurance plans (including life and non-life) to meet the rising demands of the populace.
Let’s talk about how to purchase a personal accident insurance policy from Reliance General.
- The “Product” section can be found at the top of the main page. The phrase “Health Insurance” will appear when you hover over it. Just click it.
- The next step is to choose your gender and input your “pin code” in the section on the right-hand side of the page. Select “Continue” from the menu.
- Choose the individual you wish to insure next. You must then choose your “deductible amount” and enter your age before continuing. (Select whether you have experienced ailments by selecting yes or no). Click “Get Plan” after that.
- You will see a list of plans and the required premium amount as soon as you click on it. Find your “Reliance General Personal Accident Policy” after that, and buy it now.
Do you still have issues purchasing the insurance? Not to worry if so! Simply contact a customer service representative at Probus Insurance to acquire the Reliance General Personal Accident Policy right away. The contact information is provided below.
- Via Call: +91 7304332968
- Via WhatsApp: Say “Hi” to 7304332968
- Via Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to File a Claim for the Reliance General Personal Accident Insurance Plan?
The Policyholder/Insured Person/legal heir must notify the Company right away via the call centre or in writing if an accident or injury has resulted in a Claim or may result in a Claim covered by the Policy.
If a person passes away, written notice must be given before interment or cremation, and in any case, within one calendar month of the death. Similarly, if a person loses their sight or has a limb or limbs amputated, written notice must be given within one calendar month of the loss of sight or amputation.
When notifying the Company of a claim, the following information must be given:
- Policy Number
- Name of the policyholder
- Name of the Insured Person in whose relation the Claim is being lodged
- Nature of accident/injury
- Name and address of the attending Medical Practitioner and Hospital
- Date of accident
- Any other information as requested by the Company
The following documents must be submitted to the company by the policyholder, insured person, nominee, or legal heir in connection with or in support of the claim:
- Death Certificate ( in case of Death Claim)
- Disability Certificate ( in case of Disability Claim)
- Duly completed and signed Claim Form, in original
- Medical Practitioner’s referral letter advising Hospitalization
- Medical Practitioner’s prescription advising drugs / diagnostic tests/consultation
- Original bills, receipts, and discharge card from the Hospital / Medical Practitioner
- First Information Report/ Final Police Report
- Post-mortem report, if available
- Any other document as required by the Company to assess the Claim
Renewal Process of the Reliance General Personal Accident Insurance Plan
Your insurance provider, i.e., Reliance General, will inquire about the status of your previous policy when you renew it. The premium amount will be determined by this. Your premium will be reduced if you renew your coverage on time. Furthermore, if you don’t renew the policy on time, it will expire and you will lose a lot of the advantages that come with continuing the coverage. Examples of these include waiting periods and cumulative bonuses. Due to this, it is crucial to renew the policy on time.
- Go to the official website of Reliance General Insurance.
- On the top, you will see the “Renewal” option. Just click on “Renew Health Insurance”.
- The moment you click on it, you will see there are two options to renew the policy, either by your mobile number or using your policy number. Ensure you choose the right one at your convenience.
- All you need to do is simply enter your mobile number and then an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter it and then proceed to the renewal process.
- Then, the policy details will be displayed on your screen.
- Following that, you will need to pay the insurance renewal premium. At that point, you can renew your insurance using a credit or debit card.
- After you make the payment, a text message comprising details regarding your insurance will be sent to your registered phone number and email address.
Frequently Asked Questions
The personal accident insurance premium has no tax advantages.
Your spouse and two dependent children may be added to the policy as part of the family plan, which will provide them with personal accident coverage as well.
The main insured person’s age restriction should be between 18 and 70 years old, and dependent children may be covered under the policy for up to 25 years.