Reliance Specially Abled Health Insurance Policy
Reliance Specially Abled Health Insurance is a dedicated insurance policy that provides the necessary resources and support to address the unique healthcare needs of the specially-abled community. The specially-abled health insurance covers a wide range of medical services, including hospitalization, surgeries, prescription drugs, and assistive devices like wheelchairs and hearing aids.
The specially-abled can get routine checkups, screenings, and vaccinations with this health coverage, which can help manage and prevent chronic health conditions. Additionally, by identifying and treating potential health problems early on, preventative care can enhance the overall quality of life for people with special needs.
Read on to learn more about the Reliance Specially Abled Health Insurance Policy in Detail!
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Reliance Specially Abled Health Insurance Plan.
Age eligibility for adults: 18 years to 65 years.
Age eligibility for dependent children: 1 year to 17 years.
|Policy Tenure||1 year|
|Exit Age||Exit Age|
|Sum Insured||₹4 lacs and ₹5 lacs|
Here are the coverage details for the Reliance Specially Abled Health Insurance Plan.
|First 30-day waiting period||30-day waiting period applicable from the start of the policy date towards treatment of any illness except for claims related to an accident.|
|Pre-Existing Disease Waiting||24 months for pre-existing disability/ 48 months for all pre-existing conditions other than HIV/AIDS and Disability|
|Specified Disease/Procedure++||2 year waiting period applies to specific diseases. A continuous coverage of 24 months is essential after the date of inception of the first policy.|
Key Features and Benefits of Choosing Reliance Specially Abled Health Insurance
The following are the key features and benefits of choosing Reliance Specially Abled health insurance.
- Lifelong Renewal: The lifelong renewable nature of the Reliance Specially Abled health insurance plan spares you from the stress and financial strain brought on by a medical emergency and keeps you well-equipped to handle any situation.
- Pre & Post Hospitalization Cover: The plan only pays for related medical costs during the 30 days before hospitalisation and the 60 days following hospitalisation.
- Cashless Benefit: The insured can receive cashless treatments at 9,100+ hospitals nationwide thanks to a partnership with Reliance General. As the business would settle the customers’ medical bills with the hospital directly, it helps them avoid the financial burden of medical expenses.
- AYUSH Treatment: Another major feature and benefit of choosing the Reliance Specially Abled insurance is that the insured will get up to 50% of the insured amount, which may be used to cover medical costs for inpatient care under the Ayurvedic, Yoga, and Naturopathic, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathic systems of medicine during each Policy Year.
- Modern Treatment: With the plan, you will get modern treatment that covers hospital inpatient or daycare treatment for up to 50% of the insured amount.
- Treatment for Cataracts: The Reliance Specially Abled insurance plan covers medical costs for treating cataracts up to a maximum of Rs. 40,000 for each eye per policy year.
- Emergency Ground Ambulance: The amount you pay for a road ambulance is limited to Rs. 2,000 per hospitalisation.
Exclusions Under Reliance Specially Abled Health Insurance Policy
Take a look at some of the key policy exclusions to make sure you won’t get any unpleasant surprises when filing a claim:
- Admission primarily for research and assessment
- Admission is intended primarily for recuperation, treatment, and respite care
- Costs associated with obesity surgery that do not adhere to certain requirements.
- Costs associated with any cosmetic or plastic surgery required as a result of engaging in risky or adventurous sports.
- Treatments for gender change
How to Buy a Reliance Specially Abled Insurance Policy?
Although society is making every effort to foster an inclusive and accessible world for those with disabilities, there is still a long way to go. Many people who have disabilities still struggle to find respectable jobs and maintain financial stability. This means that they frequently end up in poverty as a result of emergencies, especially medical ones. The good news is that in these circumstances, purchasing a Mediclaim policy can be beneficial.
The plan, however, is not available for purchase on the Reliance General Insurance website. However, there is no cause for concern. Interested people can still be made at Probus Insurance.
Probus Insurance Broker Private Limited is a specialised insurance broker that operates throughout India and offers a large variety of insurance plans (including life and non-life) to meet the exploding demands of the populace.
The steps to think about taking to purchase the Reliance Specially Abled plan through Probus Insurance are listed below.
- The “Product” section can be found at the top of the main page. The phrase “Health Insurance” will appear when you hover over it. Just click it.
- The next step is to choose your gender and input your “pin code” in the section on the right-hand side of the page. Select “Continue” from the menu.
- Choose the individual you wish to insure next. You must then choose your “deductible amount” and enter your age before continuing. (Select whether you have experienced ailments by selecting yes or no). Click “Get Plan” after that.
- You will see a list of plans and the required premium amount as soon as you click on it. Find your “Reliance Specially Abled insurance plan” after that, and buy it now.
If you’re still having trouble making a purchase, right? Not to worry if so! Simply contact a customer service representative at Probus Insurance to purchase the Reliance Specially Abled health insurance right away. The contact information is provided below.
- Via Call: +91 7304332968
- Via WhatsApp: Say “Hi” to 7304332968
- Via Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to File a Claim for Reliance Specially Abled Health Insurance Plan?
There are two ways to file a claim for the Reliance Specially Abled Health Insurance Policy:
Simply put, the treatment must only be completed at a network hospital of the insurance company servicing your policy to submit a claim on a cashless basis. You must first obtain authorisation by the established procedures and use the prescribed form to receive the treatment. Below is a description of the cashless claim procedure.
- Register Claim – During a medical emergency, inform the claims team regarding hospital admission. Simply send a mail immediately and inform the Reliance General Insurance company about the incident log in through the Self-i App, or call (022) 4890 3009 (Paid Number).
- Claim Process – Submit details regarding the type of treatment planned and provide all required documents to the claims team. They will start the process immediately.
- Claim Approval – Get cashless treatment if you have opted for a network hospital. For non-network hospitals, you can follow the process as mentioned.
In the event of reimbursement claims, the insurance provider, i.e., Reliance General must be notified by their established protocols. The policyholder is responsible for making sure that the necessary paperwork, including the claim form, discharge summary, prescriptions, and bills to be submitted for reimbursement, is obtained following hospitalization.
- Register Claim – During a medical emergency, inform the claims team regarding hospital admission. Send a mail immediately and inform the company about the incident log in through the Self-i App, or call (022) 4890 3009 (Paid Number).
- Claim process & payment – Submit details regarding the type of treatment planned, start the treatment, and make the payment
- Reimbursement process – Submit your original scanned documents within 7 days from hospital discharge to initiate the reimbursement
How to Renew Reliance Specially Abled Health Insurance Plan?
The majority of health insurance contracts, including those offered by Reliance Specially Abled Health Insurance, are annual agreements that must be renewed to maintain coverage. Due to this, it is equally crucial to renew your policy on time. By doing this, you can keep taking advantage of the policy’s advantages, such as no-claim bonuses and the ability to skip waiting periods. To prevent the policy from expiring and preserve its benefits, timely policy renewals are necessary.
- Go to the official website of Reliance General Insurance.
- The “Renewal” option can be found at the top. Click “Renew Health Insurance” only once.
- As soon as you click on it, you’ll see that you have a choice between renewing the policy using your policy number or your mobile number. Make sure you select the appropriate one whenever is convenient.
- After entering your mobile number, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number you provided. After entering it, carry out the renewal procedure. The information about the policy will then appear on your screen.
- Subsequently, you must pay the insurance renewal premium. At that point, you can use a credit or debit card to renew your insurance.
- Your registered phone number and email address will receive a text message with information about your insurance after you make the payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the policy doesn’t offer tax benefits.
Listed below are the documents required to file a claim for the Reliance Specially Abled health insurance.
- Duly filled and signed claim form from the insurance company, i.e., Reliance General.
- Discharge summary or card of the patient
- A written consultation from the doctor with receipts
- Hospital bills, which have to be stamped and signed by the hospital authorities
- Any test results such as blood tests, urine tests, X-ray films, and others
- Prescription bills from pharmacies/hospitals
- In case of an accidental injury, FIR or Medico Legal Certificate (MLC)
- Any other relevant documents relating to the cause of treatment.
You can find the Reliance health insurance hospital list with the policy papers issued.
Yes, you can alter the sum insured at the time of renewal.