Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance Policy
The multiplier health insurance plan is a one-of-a-kind health insurance plan by Royal Sundaram. It provides coverage for up to 11 times the insured amount in case of an emergency. In the event of an unanticipated life-threatening illness, the plan offers a sizable sum protected. The Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance’s key benefit is that it aids in covering the cost of supplies and mobility aids like wheelchairs, crutches, and prosthetics that have been prescribed as a part of care for an accident-related handicap.
This benefit aids in covering the cost of supplies and mobility aids, including wheelchairs, crutches, and prosthetics that have been prescribed as a part of treatment for an accident-related disability.
Read on to learn more about the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance in a detailed manner.
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance.
Adults: From the Age of 18 up to 65 Years and are given lifetime renewability.
Children / Dependent children: From 90 days up to 25 years are covered.
Here are the coverage details for the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance plan.
|Pre-Hospitalisation||fixed period of 60 days|
|Post Hospitalisation||fixed period of 90 days|
|No Claim Bonus||The company will increase your sum insured by 20% of the base sum insured per policy year up to a maximum of 100% of the base sum insured|
|Flexi Reload Benefit||Once in a policy year, up to 100% of the base sum insured|
|4X Multiplier Benefit||An additional amount equivalent to 4(four) times of sum insured and no claim bonus will be available to the insured persons|
|Pre-Existing Disease Coverage||Expenses for treatment of pre-existing diseases declared by the insured person with a 50% co-payment|
Key Features and Benefits of Choosing the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance
The following are the key features and benefits of the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance.
- 4X Multiplier Benefit
The sum covered, including NCB, will be multiplied by four in a life-threatening situation and may be applied to the same disease up to four times in the policy’s lifetime for different family members.
- 11X Multiplier Benefit
The total SI that can be obtained over the long term with the Multiplier Health Insurance plan is 11X (11 times the base SI).
- Non-ABCD PED Conditions
Other than ABCD, declared and accepted PEDs will be covered starting in the second and third years with a 50% copay up to a maximum of $2 lakh.
- Flexi Reload Benefit
If you exhaust your base sum insured and NCB during the policy year, the plan will cost-free reload 100% of your base sum insured. Even the same disease for the same insured person within the same coverage year is eligible for this payment.
- Hospital Plus Benefit (optional)
This benefit aids in covering the cost of supplies and mobility aids including wheelchairs, crutches, and prosthetics that have been prescribed as a part of treatment for an accident-related handicap.
- Health & Wellness Plus (optional)
Receive access to a health and wellness app that allows you to keep track of your physical activity. This app syncs with fitness bands (wearables) and offers free video and teleconsultations, a virtual health coach, discounts at diagnostic facilities, mobility aid discounts, medical device discounts, and discounts on OPD consultations with a specific network. If you choose the ABCD Benefit, this perk is free.
It comprises the medical costs the patient had before being admitted to the hospital. It is for a set period of 60 days previous to the date of the policy-admissible hospitalisation.
Following an admissible hospitalisation covered by the policy, the expenses featured here are the medical costs the patient must pay after being released from the hospital. They are for a set period of 90 days from the date of discharge from the hospital.
- Organ Donor Expenses
a) The Transplantation of Human Organs Act of 1994 and other relevant legislation must be followed for the policy to cover inpatient care medical costs for the donor for the harvesting of the donated organ. The company has acknowledged a claim for inpatient care; (b) the donated organ is for the insured person who has been advised to undergo organ transplantation; and (c) the insured person will use the organ.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation
If medical treatment is received at home for a continuous period of three days and the condition for which it is received would otherwise have required hospitalisation, the plan will pay for medical expenses up to the amount insured.
- Ayush Treatment
In each policy year, up to the amount insured, the firm will cover medical costs paid for inpatient care under the Ayurvedic, Yoga, Naturopathic, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathic systems of medicine. This applies to any AYUSH Hospital.
- ABCD (Asthma, BP, Cholesterol, Diabetes) Benefit
Customers who meet the criteria specified and are approved by us after underwriting will be covered starting on the third day. Conditions caused by non-ABCD PEDs are covered starting in the second or third year with a 50% copay up to a maximum of $2 lacs.
What is Not Covered Under Multiplier Health Insurance Plan?
Until the end of the waiting time outlined below, the Company shall not be obligated to make any payments under the policy in connection with or in respect of the following expenses:
- Pre-Existing Diseases
The cost of treating a pre-existing condition (PED) and any direct repercussions from that condition will not be covered until 36 months have passed since the start of the first policy with the company.
- 30 Days Waiting Period
Except for claims arising from an accident, which are covered, expenses linked to the treatment of any sickness within 30 days of the initial policy commencement date shall be excluded.
- Specific Waiting Period
Until the end of 24 months of uninterrupted coverage, as may be the case after the date of the initial policy’s issuance with the insurer, costs associated with the treatment of the conditions specified below, procedures, and treatments are prohibited. For claims brought about by accidents, the exclusion shall not apply.
- Treatment for alcoholism, drug abuse, or any other addictive disorder, as well as its effects.
- Treatments received in health hydros, nature cure clinics, spas, or comparable facilities, or in private rooms adjacent to such facilities that are recognised as nursing homes or where admission is organised entirely or partially for domestic purposes.
- Unless a doctor prescribes them as part of a hospitalisation claim or daycare procedure, dietary supplements and substances like vitamins, minerals, and organics that may be acquired without a prescription are prohibited.
Premium Illustration Of Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance
Use Mr. Puneet Kumar as an illustration. He is a young professional employed by a prominent Okhla, New Delhi-based manufacturer of goods. He was looking to enroll in a specific health plan that would protect him from serious illnesses. He also does not want to take any chances because he is the family’s sole provider and medical costs are rising. He carefully considered his options before settling on the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance Policy.
|Age||Members Covered||Policy Tenure||Location||Sum Insured||Premium Amount|
|30 Years||1||1 Year||New Delhi||Rs. 10 Lakhs||Rs. 7, 641.4|
How To Buy the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance Plan?
An insurance policy for health care serves as a reliable source of funding in times of need. Your financial situation may be significantly impacted by the expenditures of serious illnesses like cancer, heart conditions, etc. A health insurance plan like Royal Sundaram Multiplier health plan can provide you with substantial financial protection to cover the costs of receiving treatment both domestically and overseas. Additionally, it gives the simplicity of fast payouts for increased financial flexibility and covers hospitalisation costs, diagnosis costs, ambulance, and medication expenses. If you are interested in buying the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance plan, let’s discuss the following steps.
- Go to the official website of Royal Sundaram Insurance.
- On the top, you will see the “Products” section. Click on it and then click on “Health Insurance”. The moment you click on it, you will see the information about health insurance plans.
- Then, again, on the top, you will see the “Insurance” section. Hover over it and then locate “Multiplier Health Insurance”. Click on it to open the plan page.
- Once the plan page is open, you will see a box on the right side asking you to enter your full name and mobile number. Ensure you enter all the details correctly to avoid problems in the future. Then, click on “Buy Now”.
- In the next step, you will need to select the number of members, date of birth, sum insured, your location, mobile number, and email ID. After that, click on the checkboxes and then press the “Get Quote” button.
- After that, you will see the premium amount that you need to pay. Also, you can click on the checkboxes as per your requirements. If you are satisfied with the amount, then you can click on the “Proceed” button.
- Then, in the next step, you will need to select your height and weight, and then again click on the Proceed button to continue with the buying process.
- After that, you are required to click yes or no to some medical questions. Once you are done, then again click on the “Proceed” button. In the next step, you will again have to select optional covers that you want to consider. Then, again click on the “Proceed” button.
- In the final step, you will need to select your Nationality and enter your name, address, city, state, and other details. Then, enter your nominee details. On the same page, Please select a Third Party Administrator (TPA) to service your cashless claims and then click on all declaration checkboxes. Then, again click on the “Proceed” button.
- A payment page will open when you click it, allowing you to finish the transaction with a credit/debit card, Nett Banking, EMI, or UPI. Pick the approach that will work best for you. Click “Proceed to Pay” after that.
- The policy details and a message will be sent to you through email and your registered mobile number as the final step.
Claim Process Of Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance Plan
According to whether you are visiting a network hospital with a cashless facility or a non-network hospital without one, the claim procedures will vary.
For Cashless Claims:
- The insured person submits a claim within 24 hours of receiving emergency medical care in the hospital and 48 hours before receiving elective hospital care.
- The hospital will notify the company if there is a cashless hospitalisation, and they will handle the claim.
- Royal Sundaram will pay the hospital directly when you are discharged.
Claim Through Reimbursement:
- When an insured individual chooses to receive treatment at a facility outside of the network, they are required to notify the insurance provider at least 48 hours in advance for elective care or 24 hours after the hospitalisation for emergency care.
- The insured person is required to transmit all medical treatment invoices and reports to the Third-Party Administrator (TPA) following hospital discharge.
- TPA will investigate the claim and pay the covered person’s costs.
Documents For Health Insurance Claim:
The following are the documents required for the claim of your Royal Sundaram Multiplier health insurance plan.
- Name of the patient (insured person)
- Hospital details – Name, Address, Contact no.
- Treating doctor details – Name & Contact no.
- Date of hospitalization
- Expected discharge
How to Renew the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance Policy?
Your Royal Sundaram Multiplier health insurance plan will expire if you don’t renew by the renewal deadline. This means that any claim made during that time will be outright rejected by the insurance company, and you will be responsible for paying for your hospital bills. Even though every insurance provider provides a grace period to restore an expired insurance policy, you won’t be able to submit a claim during this time or until your coverage is renewed. Additionally, your coverage will expire if you don’t renew it during the grace period, leaving you with no choice except to buy a new health insurance plan, which will reduce the advantages of your current policies. Thus, renewing your Royal Sundaram Multiplier Health Insurance Policy is important.
- Go to the official website of Royal Sundaram General Insurance.
- On the home page, in the banner, you will see “Renew Royal Sundaram Policy” in orange-coloured button. Click on it.
- After that, select the product to be renewed and then choose any one option to proceed. If you are renewing with your registered mobile number, then enter the valid details in the box and then click on “Generate OTP”.
- Once you click on it, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter it carefully and then you will see all your policy details.
- After that, the insurance renewal premium must be paid. You can then renew your insurance with a credit or debit card.
- When you make the payment, a message containing information about your insurance will be sent to your registered phone number and email address.
Frequently Asked Questions
Actually, no. However, the policyholder is eligible for a no-claim or cumulative bonus if they did not file a claim during that year. A discount on the premium or a free increase in the covered amount is frequently provided to the policyholder under this bonus. It is typical to be able to apply the premium reduction or the increase in insurance coverage each year until the predetermined level is reached.
People with pre-existing medical issues can still get health insurance, but several restrictions apply before the coverage can be issued. Before the policyholder can request reimbursement for the cost of the treatment for those pre-existing medical problems, there will be a waiting period. Additionally, because the danger of a medical emergency is significantly higher, the policyholder may have to pay a larger premium than usual.
Yes. Individual health plans’ waiting periods might be shortened for an additional charge.
Yes. Tax advantages accompany the acquisition of health insurance coverage. Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961 allows taxpayers to claim tax benefits up to a certain amount in rupees.