Compare Premium. Buy Now.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
SBI Health Insurance Arogya Top-Up Policy
SBI General Insurance’s Arogya Top-up Policy is a sort of top-up policy designed to give additional coverage to policyholders against escalating medical costs. This policy can be purchased by an individual for himself and his family. Moreover, the SBI Arogya Top-up Policy offers wide coverage, including in-patient hospitalization, maternity expenses, health check-up, pre & post-hospitalization, organ donor expenses, diagnostic procedures, ambulance cover, domiciliary treatment, and medicines, drugs, and consumables, etc.
When it comes to enhancing your health cover to its maximum potential, you can count on the SBI Arogya Top-up policy. The policy is available in different tenure options, i.e., 1 year/2 year/3 year.
Minimum- 3 months
Maximum- 65 Years
(Age can be extended up to 70 years with a minimum deductible of Rs. Lakhs)
|Sum Insured||Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 50 Lakhs (in multiples of Rs. 1 Lakhs)|
|Deductible||Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 10 Lakhs (in multiples of Rs. 1 Lakhs)|
|Tenure Options||1 year/2 year/3 year|
Key Features and Benefits of SBI Arogya Top-Up
The following are the features and benefits of SBI Arogya Top-up policy;
- No Pre-medical test: One of the biggest benefits of choosing the SBI Arogya Top-up policy is that there is no pre-medical check-up for people up to the age of 55 years with no medical history of chronic health issues.
- Coverage: If you are looking to safeguard your health, choosing the SBI Arogya policy is the best decision you will ever make. The policy offers coverage of 60 days pre and 90 days post-hospitalization expenses.
- Exempt from Income Tax: Another feature of the SBI Arogya Plus Policy is that the premium amount will be exempted from income tax under section 80 D of the income tax act.
- Maternity Expenses: If you think the policy doesn’t cover maternity expenses, you are probably mistaken! The policy covers maternity expenses after the first 9 months of the policy.
- Includes OPD Expenses: The policy covers organ donor expenses and ambulance expenses up to Rs. 5000 per event.
- Extensive Coverage: The major highlight of the policy is that the policyholder will get coverage from Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 50,00,000 with the deductible option of Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 10,00,000 (in multiplies of 1 Lakhs).
- Reinstalment: Last but not the least, you will get the option for the reinstalment of the sum insured without facing any difficulty.
SBI Arogya Top-Up Policy Coverage Details
|Hospitalization expenses covered||Room rent, boarding expenses, intensive care unit stay, nursing expenses, diagnostic procedures, drugs, medicines, physiotherapy as part of the primary treatment, medical practitioner fees, etc.|
|Expenses related to medical treatment||Anaesthesia, blood, surgical appliances, oxygen, medicines and consumables, diagnostic expenses, operation theatre charges, x-ray, pacemaker, etc.|
|Pre hospitalization expenses coverage||60 days prior to the date of admission in a hospital or in case of domiciliary hospitalization.|
|Post hospitalization expenses coverage||90 days prior to the date of admission in a hospital or in case of domiciliary hospitalization.|
|Day care procedures||141 daycare surgeries and procedures requiring less than 24 hours of hospitalization.|
|Ambulance expenses||Rs. 5000 per valid hospitalization claim event.|
|Mental Illness Cover||Up to the sum insured (Sub limit Rs. 1,00,000 whichever is lower, applicable for few conditions)|
|Internal Congenital diseases covered||Up to 10% of SI (Sum Insured)|
|12 Advanced treatment procedures covered||Up to 50% of SI (Sum Insured)|
|Alternative treatment under Aayush||Covered|
What Is Excluded Under Policy?
There is a list of exclusions for which SBI General is not liable to pay any compensation to the insured. Some of the possible exclusions under the Arogya Top-up Policy are as follows:
- Expenses for treatments taken outside India
- Injuries caused by wars or warlike activities
- Cosmetic or aesthetic treatment of all kinds
- Intentional self-injuries, suicide, or attempt to suicide
- Venereal disease or any other sexually transmitted diseases
- Treatments related to obesity, weight loss, and weight management
- Any kind of convalescence or comfort expenses related to a hospital stay
- Expenses related to any treatment necessitated due to participation in hazardous or adventure sports.
- Refractive error
- Unproven treatments
- Breach of Law
Frequently Asked Questions
No, there is no hard and fast rule to go for a pre-policy medical check-up up to the age of 55 years, especially if you have no medical history.
The family consisting of self, spouse, and dependent children can be covered under SBI Arogya top-up policy.
There is no specified limit on the number of claims under the SBI Arogya top-up policy.