SBI Super Health Insurance Policy
Sudden illnesses or accidents can sometimes leave you financially drained and under a lot of stress because life has no set schedule. Super Health Insurance is a new offering from SBI General Insurance Company Limited that offers protection for you and your family in the event of hospitalization during the policy period while also easing your financial burden.
The plan comes in four options: Elite, Premier, Platinum, and Platinum Infinite. This post will throw some light on the features, benefits, exclusions, and various other aspects of the plan.
|Minimum Entry Age||Adult: 18 Years, Dependent Child: 91 Days To 30 Years|
|Maximum Entry Age||No Limit|
|Maximum Entry Age For Domestic Help/Staff Indemnity (Optional Cover)||65 Years|
|Policy Term||1/2/3 Years|
|Sum Insured Limits|
Elite: Rs. 3/5/7/10/15/20/25 Lakhs
Premier: Rs. 3/5/7/10 Lakhs
Platinum: Rs. 10/15/20/25/30/40/50 Lakhs
Platinum Infinite: Rs. 50 Lakhs/Rs. 75 Lakhs/Rs. 1 Crore/Rs. 2 Crores
Key Features Of SBI Super Health Policy
The following expenses are covered under the plan:
|Home Health Care||Covered|
|Emergency Road Ambulance Cover||Covered|
|Air Ambulance Cover||Covered|
|Organ Donor Expenses||Covered|
|Bariatric Surgery Cover||Covered|
|Maternity & Related Expenses Cover||Covered|
|New Born Baby Cover||Covered|
|Child Vaccination Cover||Covered|
Reasons To Choose SBI Super Health Policy
The SBI Super Health policy offers the following benefits to the policyholder, which makes it a perfect deal:
- Shared Accommodation Cash Benefit: If the insured person is hospitalized in shared housing in a network provider Hospital and such hospitalization exceeds 48 consecutive hours, the company shall pay a daily cash amount as specified in the policy schedule on a per hospitalization basis for each continuous and completed 24 hours of hospitalization during the policy year.
- Health Multiplier: The base sum insured would be enhanced by a multiplier as specified in the policy schedule if you are hospitalized and diagnosed with any of the listed serious illnesses. No other claim would be covered by the expanded limit; such an upgrade in sum insured would only be triggered for the treatment of the diseases indicated.
- Reinsure Benefit: From the first claim of a policy year, this benefit is triggered and begins payable for each and every claim. According to the policy schedule, a single claim under this benefit will be paid up to 100%/200% of the base sum insured.
- Recovery Benefit: Upon Your medically necessary hospitalization lasting more than 5 consecutive and continuous days, the plan will pay a lump sum amount as specified in the policy schedule.
- E-Opinion: For your medical condition that developed within the policy period, you might choose an e-opinion option. Under this benefit, the plan will facilitate e-opinions from the company’s panel of medical professionals.
- Annual Health Check-Up: Up to a sub-limit as stated in the policy schedule, the insured person may obtain a health examination only for preventive reasons. Only one policy year is eligible for this benefit, and all tests must have been completed on the same day, subject to the restrictions outlined in the policy schedule.
- Enhanced Cumulative Bonus: If the policy is renewed with the company without a pause, the Enhanced Cumulative Bonus (ECB) will be applied to each claim-free policy year (where no claims are reported) at a rate of 50% of the base sum insured of the immediately prior policy year.
- Loyalty Credit: The base sum insured applicable under the policy will grow by 50% of the base sum insured of the immediately prior policy year for each succeeding renewal if the insured person’s coverage under the policy is renewed without a pause. The base sum insured will not exceed 100% of the sum insured increase.
- Global Coverage: The following illnesses or procedures that occur or manifest themselves during the policy period will be covered by the plan for medical expenses incurred for the insured person’s inpatient care outside of India throughout the policy period.
- Cancer treatment surgery
- Kidney transplant surgery in case of end-stage renal failure
- Heart valve replacement
- Surgical treatment of coma
- Bone marrow transplant
- Surgery for pheochromocytoma
- Pulmonary artery graft surgery
- Liver transplant surgery in case of end-stage liver disease
- Aorta graft surgery
- Pneumonectomy – removal of an entire lung
- Coronary artery by-pass surgery post occurrence of myocardial infraction
- Surgical removal of an eyeball
- Surgical treatment for stroke
- Heart transplant surgery
- Lung transplant surgery in case of end-stage lung disease
- Craniotomy for cerebral aneurysm
- Wellness Benefit: The insured person may use the wellness services listed in the policy schedule by selecting this option. The benefits available under this feature are health assistance, dietician and nutrition e-consultation, unlimited gym membership, and walk-healthy benefits.
Sample Quotation Of SBI Super Health Policy
Before you decide to zero in on the SBI Super Health policy, you should have an estimate of how much will the policy cost you. Therefore, we have calculated the premium amount for the policy on the basis of different criteria.
|Name Of The Insured Member||Age Of The Insured Member||Sum Insured||Premium Amount|
|Asha Kumari||35 Years||Rs. 5 Lakhs||Rs. 8,214|
|Vijay Singh||30 Years||Rs. 10 Lakhs||Rs. 15,039|
|Mannat Gupta||56 Years||Rs. 15 Lakhs||Rs. 37,637|
|Ajay Aggarwal||60 Years||Rs. 50 Lakhs||Rs. 54,676|
What’s Not Covered Under SBI Super Health Policy?
The following expenses will be excluded under the plan:
- Sterility and infertility treatments
- Unproven treatments
- Refractive error
- Use of alcohol, drugs, and other intoxicating substances
- Breach of law
- Hazardous and adventurous sports
- Cosmetic or plastic surgery
- Change of gender treatments
- Obesity and weight control treatments
- Investigation and evaluation
- Rest cure, rehabilitation, and respite care
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The plan has the following discounts:
Family individual discount (=>2 members)
SBI group entity discount
Long term discount
2 years: 4%
3 years: 6%
Direct channel discount
The premiums under the SBI Super Health policy can be made as single premiums, annually, half-yearly, quarterly, and monthly.
For individual: Self, legally married spouse, son, son-in-law, daughter, daughter-in-law, father, mother, brother, brother-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, grandmother, grandfather, grandson, granddaughter, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, or any other relationship having an insurable interest.
For family floater: Self, legally married spouse, dependent children (natural/legally adopted), parents and/or parents-in-law.
The plan covers 37 serious illnesses under the health multiplier.