TATA Medicare Plus Super Top-up Plan
TATA AIG’s Medicare Plus Super Top-Up plan offers complete coverage and compensates the insured if the sum insured is exhausted. This plan is specifically designed as an affordable as well as an economical option, which supplements over and above the basic health insurance policy. The plan aims to provide comprehensive protection for securing the well-being of you as well as your family members.
|Minimum Entry Age|
Children: 91 Days To 5 Years
Adult: 18 Years
|Maximum Entry Age||65 Years|
|Policy Tenure||1/2/3 Years|
|Sum Insured||Up To Rs. 1 Crore|
|Deductible Options||Rs. 2 Lakhs, Rs. 3 Lakhs, Rs. 5 Lakhs, Rs. 10 Lakhs, Rs. 15 Lakhs, & Rs. 20 Lakhs|
Key Features Of TATA Medicare Plus Super Top-Up Plan
Let’s understand the key features of the TATA Medicare Plus Super Top-Up plan in detail!
- Global Cover: The plan provides the policyholder with the option of choosing the global cover. This coverage covers medical expenses associated with daycare hospitalization and in-patient treatment of the insured outside India, provided that the diagnosis is done in India.
- Lifelong Renewal: If the policyholder pays a premium without any break, the plan offers a lifelong renewability option. The premium amount will be based on the sum insured, age of the insured person, deductible options, and type of plan.
- Cumulative Bonus: For every claim-free year, the plan offers a 50% increase in cumulative bonus, up to a maximum of 100%. If the policyholder makes claim during the policy years, the cumulative bonus will reduce by 50% in the following year.
- Waiting Period: The policy has a waiting period of 30 days from the date of inception of the policy. In case of any listed illness/treatment, the coverage will be provided after the waiting period of 24 months. Moreover, if there is any pre-existing illness/disease, it will be covered after a waiting period of 36 months.
- Free Look Period: The insured individual has a fifteen-day free look time from the date of receipt of the policy document to study the policy’s terms and conditions and return it if they are not acceptable.
- Consumable Benefits: The plan pays for some consumables that are consumed during hospitalization and are directly related to the insured person’s medical or surgical treatment of illness, disease, or damage.
- Second Opinion: In case the policyholder is diagnosed with the mentioned illness or disease, the plan provides him/her with the option of a second opinion from a medical practitioner or network provider.
- No PPC: If your age is up to 45 years and the sum insured is up to Rs. 50 lakhs, then there is no need for you to undergo any kind of pre-policy check-up.
- Tele Medical Examination: If your age is between 45 to 65 years and the sum insured is above Rs. 50 lakhs, you need to undergo a tele medical examination conducted by TATA AIG.
- Tax Benefits: A lot of tax incentives are available when you get the TATA Medicare Plus Super Top-Up plan. You can deduct up to INR 75,000 in health insurance premiums from your tax return under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961. If you are a senior citizen paying health insurance premiums or a person under 60 years old paying health insurance premiums for a senior citizen, such as one or both of your parents, you can benefit from the higher tax deduction.
TATA Medicare Plus Super Top-Up Plan Details
|Pre-Hospitalization Expenses||60 Days|
|Post-Hospitalization Expenses||90 Days|
|Day-Care Procedures||540+ Covered|
|In-Patient Dental Treatment||Covered|
|Ambulance Cover||Up To Rs. 3000 Per Hospitalization|
For Policy Term Of 2 Years: 5%
For Policy Term Of 3 Years: 10%
For 2 Members: 20%
For 3 Members: 28%
More Than 3 Members: 32%
Exclusions Of TATA Medicare Plus Super Top-Up Plan
TATA Medicare Plus Super Top-Up plan excludes the following medical and non-medical expenses:
- Congenital external diseases
- Investigation and evaluation
- Alcoholic pancreatitis
- Correction of eyesight owing to the refractive error below 7.5 diopter
- Treatment done by a medical practitioner outside his/her discipline
- Self-injury or attempted suicide
- Committing a breach of law with criminal intent
Premium Calculation Of TATA Medicare Plus Super Top-Up Plan
In order to purchase TATA Medicare Plus Super To-Up plan, you should understand how much premium amount will you pay. We’ve computed the premium amounts depending on the various sum assured options to make it seamless and simplistic for you.
|Name||Age (In Years)||Gender||Sum Insured||Deductible||Premium|
|Disha Aggarwal||29||Female||Rs. 5 Lakhs||Rs. 2 Lakhs||Rs. 3,821|
|Amit Rai||31||Male||Rs. 10 Lakhs||Rs. 3 Lakhs||Rs. 3,933|
|Sonakshi Kumari||33||Female||Rs. 15 Lakhs||Rs. 5 Lakhs||Rs. 2,983|
|Brijesh Solanki||52||Male||Rs. 20 Lakhs||Rs. 2 Lakhs||Rs. 17,063|
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can remain in a single private room, a shared space, or the general ward with Medicare Plus Super Top-up. If your room costs more than the maximum, you’ll have to split the bill with the insurer.
No. There is no restoration benefit with Medicare Plus Super Top-up.
No. Maternity benefits are not included in Medicare Plus Super Top-up.
Premiums are determined based on your age, geographic location (zonal), medical condition (including any pre-existing conditions), and lifestyle choices (smoking, drinking, etc.)
Under Tata Medicare Plus Super To-Up plan, you can cover up to 7 members, including self, spouse, up to 2 dependent parents, and up to 3 dependent children.
Yes. You can increase your sum insured of the Tata Medicare Plus plan. However, you can only do so at the time of renewal.