Cholamandalam Health Insurance Claim
A health insurance policy carries a bunch of benefits that safeguard the financial empire of a person during health emergencies. Apart from the coverage provided by the policy, a person should have a deep understanding of the provider’s claim process. But most insurers are known for their complicated, time-consuming health claim process that makes it difficult to recommend their health policies. Fortunately, Cholamandalam has designed quite an easy claim process for its customers. With the support of 10000+ network hospitals, the company strives to fulfil all claim requests on time and without any trouble. Scroll down to get into the details!
How To File Health Claims With Cholamandalam MS Insurance Company?
Cholamandalam MS insurance allows the policyholder to file claims through two methods. Let us explore these two methods further!
Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process
- When you go with the reimbursement option, this means that initially, you will have to pay for all the hospitalisation and medical expenses from your own pocket. Later on, by submitting the right documents, you can claim the amount from the health insurance company.
Suppose you want to file a reimbursement claim with Chola MS insurance company. For this, you need to follow the below-given steps and you are sorted!
- Before the patient gets admitted to a hospital, the policyholder needs to inform the insurer about the same. For this purpose, you can simply dial 1800-208-5544 and connect with them over a call. Or, you can visit the official website of Chola MS General Insurance and fill out the claim form there. The next step involves scanning and uploading all the necessary claim documents, such as medical reports, hospital bills and so on. You are expected to do this within the first 30 days of getting discharged. Also, each of these documents has to be self-attested by the patient.
- The best part about Cholamandalam health insurance is that you can expect the claim to be approved within just 7 working days of claim registration. They may get in touch with the policyholder in case they need any further documents or information.
- Once your claim is approved, Chola MS will cleaver the payment through NEFT.
Cashless Claim Settlement Process
When you opt for the cashless claim option, it means that Chola MS is responsible for paying for all the hospitalisation and medical expenses (as mentioned in the policy). The process is simple and straightforward. Read on to know more!
- First of all, you need to find out a cashless network hospital associated with Chola MS near your location. Simply visit the official website of Chola MS health insurance. At the top, you will see the “Claims” tab. Click on it, and you will be redirected to the “Claims” page. Scroll down to the bottom, and you will be able to see the footer. Under the “Services” section in the footer, you can see “cashless hospitals.” Click here, and it will again take you to a new page. Here you can search for your nearest cashless network hospital by using the filter of the city or area you live in. You can also simply type the name of the hospital in the space provided and check if it is associated with Chola MS or not.
- Next, you need to get in touch with Chola MS and let them know before the patient gets hospitalised. Again, you have two options for this – either call the insurer at 1800-208-5544 or fill out the form.
- Visit the hospital with a copy of policy papers and a photo ID, and inform them about your cashless health insurance plan with Chola MS.
- Further, the hospital needs to share the pre-authorisation form with the insurance company. This has to take place within the first 24 hours of the patient’s admission to the hospital (Emergency hospitalisation). In case the patient is opting for planned hospitalisation, you need to get in touch with the hospital and get the pre-authorisation form filled out and shared with the insurer before seeking admission.
Basically, the form needs to be partially filled by the policyholder and partially by the attending physician.
- Chola MS will go through the pre-authorisation form and all the documents. And if things go right, they will give the initial approval within just two hours.
- Next, the hospital will be sharing the discharge documents and medical bills with the Cholamandalam health insurance company. This is done to secure final approval.
- After thorough scrutinisation, the insurer will give the final approval and the approved claim amount. This will take around two hours. Keep in mind that the policyholder is responsible for paying inadmissible expenses, deductions and copayments.
Documents That Require To File Health Claim With Cholamandalam MS
Paperwork can get quite confusing sometimes. If you are not sure as to which documents you will need to file the health reimbursement claim with Chola MS, then have a look!
- Completely filled claim form
- Chola MS health card
- Papers related to medical investigation and diagnosis
- Consultation papers by the attending medical expert
- Medical bills
- Copy of FIR or MLS (in case of accidents)
- Discharge papers signed by the patient
Is There a Way To Track Health Insurance Claim Status With The Insurer?
Digitisation has made it possible for policyholders to keep a tab on the claim status as well. So once you have filed a claim, you can keep track of its status too. Here’s how to track your health insurance claim with Chola MS in a few easy steps:
- Visit their official website.
- On the top, you will see the “Claims” option.
- Click on it and you will reach the “Claims” page.
- Among other insurance products, you will see the option of “Health insurance” there. Just below this, there will be two options – “Download e-card” and “Track a claim.” Click on the latter and the Claim Track Status page will open.
- You are required to fill out the form by sharing details like reference number, date of birth and policy number.
- Once you are done, click on “Continue” and you are done!