Compare Premium. Buy Now.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
Future Generali Health Super Saver Policy
Health insurance policies have become part and parcel of life as it helps you to stay financially worry-free in the face of a medical emergency, and it protects you and your family health-wise. But sometimes, the premium amount that you have to pay for availing of the benefits of a health insurance plan is quite high and might not be affordable for you. Keeping in mind this nature of a health insurance policy, Future Generali Insurance Company has come up with a unique plan, Health Super Saver, that allows you to avail of a discount of 80% on the applicable premium, which is offered to the insured in case the initial years of plan tenure is claim free.
In case there is no claim paid for an insured in an individual policy, the Super Saver discount would be applied for that respective individual’s premium only. In case there is no claim paid for any of the insureds covered under the floater policy, the Super Saver discount would be applied to the total policy premium. In case of the claim paid for any insured under the floater policy, the Super Saver discount will not be applicable. This plan has cut down your expenses after a health insurance policy making your financial burden lighter. To know more about this plan, have a look at the following mentions.
|Minimum entry age||Proposer – 18 years, Child – From birth|
|Maximum entry age||Proposer – 70 years, Child – 25 years|
|Who can be covered (Individual and family floater)||Self, Spouse and up to 4 Children, 2 Dependent Parents and/or 2 Dependent Parents in law|
|Plan variants||Health Super Saver 1X plan, and Health Super Saver 2X plan|
|Policy type||Individual policy, Family floater policy|
|Policy term||Annual basis|
|Sum insured options||Rs. 3 lakhs, Rs. 4 lakhs, Rs. 5 lakhs, Rs. 6 lakhs, Rs. 10lakhs, Rs. 15 lakhs, Rs. 20 lakhs, Rs. 25 lakhs, and Rs. 50 lakhs|
Understand the benefits of Future Generali Health Super Saver
This plan has come up with a sack full of benefits and facilities to safeguard you and your family in case of an emergency medical situation. The following table gives you a brief idea about this plan.
|Pre-hospitalization costs||60 days|
|Post-hospitalization costs||90 days|
|Day care treatment||Covered|
Covered with a waiting period of 9 months, inclusive of pre-natal and post-natal hospitalization as per the plan
opted under the Base Sub Limits
|Organ donor expenses||Hospitalization expenses are covered (excluding donor screening charges, pre, and post-hospitalization )|
|Alternative (AYUSH) treatments||Hospitalization for Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, or Homeopathy is covered|
|Emergency ambulance cover||Covered up to a maximum limit of Rs.1000 per hospitalization|
|Home health care services|
|Sub-limit for specified procedures|
|Free look period||15 days|
|Tax exemption benefit||Premium paid by any mode other than cash and demand draft is eligible for tax relief as provided under Section 80-D of the Income Tax Act.|
Initial – 30 days, except for the accidental hospitalization
Listed and specified conditions – 2 years
Specified procedures – 4 years
Pre-existing diseases – 2 years
Key highlights of Future Generali Health Super Saver
Apart from the above general benefits and facilities, this plan offers certain special advantages that have made the plan unique and popular among consumers. Here are the mentions of those s follows.
Super Saver Discounts:
With this plan, you can get the following discounts:
- For the Health Super Saver 1X plan option, in case your first year of plan tenure is claim free, you are eligible for a Super Saver discount of 80% in the consecutive year.
- For the Health Super Saver 2X plan option, in case your first 2 years of plan tenure are claim free, you are eligible for a Super Saver discount of 80% for the next consecutive 2 years, or up to the first claim, whichever is earlier.
- In case there is no claim paid for an insured in an individual policy, the Super Saver discount would be applied for that respective individual’s premium only.
- In case of the claim paid in the first year under the 1X plan or in the first 3 years under the 2X plan for any insured under the individual policy, the Super Saver discount will not be applicable to the respective insured. However, at the time of the subsequent renewal year, Insured has an option to start a new plan tenure under 1X Plan or 2X plan. In such case, he/she will be covered under a separate policy with new plan tenure on an individual sum insured basis without loss of continuity benefits such as waiting periods and coverage of pre-existing diseases.
- In case there is no claim paid for any of the insureds covered under the floater policy, the Super Saver discount would be applied to the total policy premium.
- In case of the claim paid for any insured under the floater policy, the Super Saver discount will not be applicable. However, the policy can be renewed with a new plan tenure under the 1X Plan or 2X plan without loss of continuity benefits such as waiting periods and coverage of pre-existing diseases.
10% discount is applicable in case two or more family members have been covered with an individual sum insured basis in the same policy.
Installment option (Monthly, quarterly, half-yearly) with Loading:
Loadings on the standard premium will be applicable in case the installment facility is opted for premium payment.
|Installment frequency||Loading on standard premiums|
Sub-limit for specified procedures:
You can avail of the benefits of the policy up to certain specified sub-limit:
- Base Sub-limits (Standard Option/ Double option/ Nil sub-limits option)
- Mandatory Sub-limits for Modern Treatment Methods and Advancement in Technologies
- Optional Sub-limits – Applicable for sum insured from Rs. 3 Lakhs up to Rs. 10 Lakhs if the Insured has opted for it.
Loading and discount applicable for options under the sub-limits:
Loading applicable for Base Sub Limits options are as given below, loading will be applicable on the respective person’s premium.
|Nil Sub Limit Option||30%|
A discount of 5% shall be applicable on the respective person’s premium if an Optional Sub Limit is opted in the case of a family floater, the loading or discount will be applicable at the policy level.
Change in premiums:
Any change in premiums will be done with the approval of the IRDAI.
- Revised premium will be applicable for all new proposals.
- Revised premium will be intimated to renewals starting with new plan tenure at least 3 months in advance.
- The existing rates will continue to be applicable for policyholders till the end of the ongoing plan tenure.
Other special features:
There will be no loading on premium for adverse claims experience. Portability and Migration can be availed of as per the IRDA guidelines.
Pre-policy medical check-up:
Pre-insurance medical examination for any individual is applicable as below:
|Age||Sum insured||Medical examination|
|Up to the age of 50 years||Up to Rs. 20 lakhs||Not required. Subject to clean proposal forms (without medical declaration)|
|Rs. 25 lakhs and Rs. 50 lakhs||Required|
|51 years and above||Any sum insured||Required|
General Exclusions of Future Generali Health Super Saver
Understanding a policy is not completed if you do not go through the exclusions of the policy thoroughly. Therefore, to offer you a comprehensive idea of the policy and to avoid future complications, here are the exclusions of Future Generali Health Super Saver.
- If you raise any claim against any ailment or condition that is still within the waiting period, the company will not approve the claim.
- Any kind of medical expenses arising out of gender change procedures, plastic or cosmetic surgery will be excluded from the policy.
- If you take part in any hazardous activities or adventurous sports such as mountaineering, sky diving, paragliding, etc., that will not be covered under this policy.
- All expenses related to Sexually Transmitted Diseases other than HIV/AIDS will fall under the category of exclusions.
- For any self-inflicted injury, suicide, or suicide attempt, the company will not be liable to pay the compensation.
- Anything that does not satisfy the terms and conditions of the policy or the company will not be covered.
- If there is any kind of breach of law, the policy will not provide the benefits.
Premium calculation of Future Generali Health Super Saver
Once you get to know the exclusions and inclusions of this policy, the next important thing is to understand how much premium value you need to pay to purchase this policy. Therefore, for your better understanding, here is an example.
Suppose Mr. Sen, a 36-year-old businessman bought Future Generali Health Super Saver for himself. Let us find out how much premium amount he has to pay to avail of the benefits of the policy for the given data.
|Sum insured||Rs. 15 lakhs|
|Base sub-limit||Standard option|
|Premium mode||Single premium|
|Policy term||1 year|
|Total premium amount including GST||Rs. 15378|
Premium – Rs. 15332
Premium with Sub-limits – Rs. 15332
Online Discount – Rs. 2299.80
Premium without GST – Rs. 13032.20
GST – Rs. 2345.80
Now, the same Mr. Sen wants to cover his spouse under this policy as well. For the given criteria, let us find out how much premium value he has to pay to purchase this policy.
Self – 36 years, Spouse – 34 years
|Plan type||Family floater policy|
|Cover for||Self and spouse|
|Sum insured||Rs. 20 lakhs|
|Base sub-limit||Double option|
|Payment mode||Single premium|
|Policy year||1 year|
|Total premium amount including GST||Rs. 32241|
Self – Rs. 17760
Spouse – Rs. 8588.25
Premium – Rs. 26348.25
Premium with Sub-limits – Rs. 32144.86
Online Discount – Rs. 4821.73
Premium without GST – Rs. 27323.14
GST – Rs. 4918.16
Frequently Asked Questions
For the purpose of the Super Saver discount calculation, paid claims and outstanding claims are considered.
Increase or decrease in Sum Insured, change of sub-limit option, and/or change of plan are allowed only at the start of plan tenure.
The following conditions are applicable:
- Insured is eligible for 100% reimbursement of pre-insurance medical test charges, subject to policy issuance and 64VB compliance.
- All pre-insurance medical tests will have to be done at the Future Generali empanelled diagnostic centers only.
- The test reports would be valid for a period of 30 days from the date of the test conducted.
- Underwriting loading on the standard premium rates will be applicable based on the health status of the proposed Insured person.
- It will take into consideration the adverse health conditions declared on the proposal form and the findings of the medical tests conducted.
- Underwriting loading of premium will be applicable on the Insured’s premium in case of Individual policy and Floater policy.
If this policy is withdrawn in the future, the company will inform you about the same 3 months prior to the expiry of the policy.
The following modern medical procedures are covered under this policy:
- Uterine Artery Embolization and HIFU
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Deep Brain stimulation
- Oral chemotherapy
- Immunotherapy- Monoclonal Antibody to be given as an injection
- Intra vitreal injections
- Robotic surgeries
- Stereotactic radio surgeries
- Bronchial Thermoplasty
- The vaporisation of the prostrate (Green laser treatment or holmium laser treatment)
- IONM – (Intra Operative Neuro Monitoring)
- Stem cell therapy: Hematopoietic stem cells for bone marrow transplant for hematological conditions to be covered.
Yes, the online buying facility is available for this plan.