IFFCO Tokio Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company has come up with a unique policy, Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana, for Indian customers living abroad. This policy is designed to take care of the needs of the NRI customers. To know more about this policy, have a look at the following mentions.
|Who can buy it?
|The Policy covers only those Emigrants who have availed of this Policy before leaving India and whose passport is endorsed as “Emigration Check Required.” The benefits under the Policy are available after the Finalisation of the Insurance Contract but only during the Period of Insurance.
|The Policy will be valid only if the Insured Person commences the journey within 14 days of the first day of insurance as indicated in the Policy Schedule.
What Are The Key Benefits of IFFCO Tokio Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana?
This plan has come up with a sack full of benefits and facilities. The followings are some important mentions.
In case of a personal accident leading to death or permanent total disablement leading to loss of employment abroad, the company will pay the sum(s) set forth in the Schedule,
Transportation and Airfare for Attendant:
In the event of the accidental death of an Insured Person whilst in employment outside India:
- The company will reimburse the actual cost of transporting the mortal remains of the deceased back home to India.
- The policy will reimburse the additional cost of economy class return airfare for one attendant to accompany the mortal remains from the place of death abroad to back home in India.
The company will pay the Reasonable and Customary Charges of Hospitalisation expenses actually incurred but up to the limits specified in the Policy Schedule for the following:
- Hospitalization expenses: – In case the Insured Person sustains any Injury or contracts any Disease and he/she has to incur Hospitalisation expenses in a Nursing Home/Hospital in India or in the country of employment.
- Maternity expenses: This benefit is payable after the period of nine months from the commencement of the Period of Insurance. The period of nine months relates to normal delivery, as well as cesarean section or abdominal surgery for extra uterine pregnancy.
- Hospitalization expenses of Insured’s Family members: – In case a Family member of the Insured Person comprising a spouse up to the age of 60 years and two children up to the age of 21 years sustains any injury or contracts any disease, and any or all of them have to incur Hospitalisation expenses in a Nursing Home/Hospital in India.
In case of loss of work, the company will pay for actual one-way economy class airfare to return back home to India by the shortest direct route. Terms and conditions are applicable.
The policy will pay the insured person up to limits specified in the Schedule in connection with legal expenses incurred by You in any litigation expenses relating to Insured Person’s employment abroad.
General Exclusions of IFFCO Tokio Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana
The company will not pay any benefit under this policy for the following circumstances.
- For any claim relating to events occurring before the commencement of the cover and after the expiry of the cover as described in the Period of Insurance.
- For any claim if the Insured Person –
- Is traveling against the advice of a physician.
- Is receiving or on a waiting list for specified medical treatment declared in a Medical Practitioner’s Report or Certificate.
- Has received a terminal prognosis for a medical condition.
- Is taking part in a naval, military, or air force operation, whether in the form of military exercises or war games, or actual engagement with the enemy, whether foreign or domestic.
- For any claim, if the Insured Person is working in a different profession/job/occupation and/or in a different country of employment, and/or for a different Employer/Sponsor than what is declared in the Proposal Form and mentioned in the Schedule with regard to profession/job/occupation, country of employment and Employer/Sponsor.
- Any claim in the event of war or military action occurring against the country or internal conflict in the country to which the Insured Person/Emigrant has gone for the work.
- Any claim arising after the expiry date of passport or visa for the Insured Person.
- For any claim arising out of illness or accident that the Insured Person has caused intentionally, including committing or attempting suicide or as a result of drug addiction, alcoholism, or whilst under the influence of intoxicating liquor.
- For any claim arising out of mental disorder, anxiety, stress, depression, venereal disease, or any loss directly or indirectly attributable to HIV and /or any HIV-related illness including AIDS and /or any mutant derivative or variations thereof howsoever caused.
- Any claim that is the result of war and warlike occurrence or invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, insurrection, military or usurped power, active participation in riots, confiscation or nationalization or requisition of or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or local authority.
- For any claim arising from damage to any property or any loss or expense whatsoever resulting or arising from or any consequential loss directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to or arising from:
- Ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel or
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive, or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
- Asbestosis or any related sickness or disease resulting from the existence, production, handling, processing, manufacture, sale, distribution, deposit, or use of asbestosis or products thereof.
- For any claim relating to any consequential loss
Buying Process of IFFCO Tokio Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana
One can buy this policy online by visiting the official website of the company.
- Go to the official website of Iffco Tokio General Insurance Company.
- On the top of the homepage, there will be the ‘Buy’ option. Click on that.
- Select the ‘Health’ tab.
- Put the required details such as name and mobile number and click on the ‘View Prices’ option.
- Provide other necessary details such as personal details and policy-related details.
- On the basis of the given data, the premium amount will be displayed before you. Check the details twice.
- Pay the premium amount online securely. Upon successful payment, download the policy document.
Renewal Process of IFFCO Tokio Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana
One can easily renew this policy online by following the below easy steps.
- Go to the official website of the company.
- Click on the extreme drop-down button.
- Multiple options will appear. Select the Renewal option.
- After that, choose the Health option.
- Then, put the policy number and the name of the insured in the right place correctly. Click on the Proceed option.
- Provide any other details, if necessary.
- Check the details twice. If satisfied, pay the renewal amount to continue to enjoy the benefits of the policy.
Claim Process of IFFCO Tokio Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojana
Follow the below steps to avail yourself of a smooth claim process.
- As soon as the incident happens, inform the insurer.
- For an accident, it has to be within 14 days, and for hospitalization, within 7 days.
- All the information has to be given to the insurer in detail, along with valid documents.
- For accidents, FIR or reporting to the concerned authority is mandatory.
- The company will appoint a surveyor on their behalf to assess and evaluate the situation.
- Provide all the required documents.
- If no discrepancy is found, the claim amount will be settled within the stipulated time.
The following documents are required to be submitted in support of claims under different Sections of the Policy:
- Personal Accident Claims: – Death – Police Report, Post Mortem Report, Death Certificate, and the Report from Indian Mission/Post abroad. Permanent Total Disability: – Medical Reports of the treatment undergone and disability certificate from the Medical Practitioner.
- Transportation claims: – All necessary proofs substantiating the reason, along with supporting documents. The documents must include the transportation cost receipt and other related documents
- Airfare for Attendant claims: – Original air ticket along with other ticket receipts and copy of passport.
- Employment Contingencies & Repatriation Claims: – Certificate from Indian Mission/Post abroad mentioning the grounds of termination/repatriation. Any letter or correspondence from Employer along with Service Agreement copy and air tickets along with other travel vouchers in original.
- Legal Cost Claims: – Certificate from Indian Mission/Post abroad in respect of litigation cost incurred along with Lawyer’s Certificate and a Certificate from the appropriate Ministry of the country abroad in respect of necessity of filing such case.
Frequently Asked Questions
The maximum limit of liability under this Policy will be the Sum Insured/Limit mentioned against each Section/Subsection/part of the Section. Any claim will reduce the Sum Insured/Limit by such claim amount for the remaining Period of Insurance.
The benefit available under this Policy for transportation and journey cost is payable only by the shortest direct route unless, in the company’s opinion, the longer route was undertaken due to contingencies involved and warranted.
You may cancel the Policy by sending a written Notice to The Company under Registered Post. The company will then allow a refund on the following scale, except in cases where a claim has been preferred by the company under the current Policy:
|Period of cover-up to
|Refund of annual premium rate (%)
|Exceeding 6 months