Reliance Health Wise Policy
Due to our fast and hazardous lifestyle, we often suffer from different diseases and ailments, and the skyrocketing expenses of medical necessities have really put a heavy financial burden on your shoulder. But, still, after that, we cannot overlook the importance of medication, hospitalization, and healthcare facilities. Therefore, to give us some relief, health insurance policies are made, and when it comes to medical plans, no one can ignore Reliance General Insurance Company because of its wide range of health products and customer-friendly nature.
Among all its health insurance policies, Reliance Health Wise Insurance Plan is worth mentioning as it brings to you pennywise insurance protection that offers you the convenience of technology for faster assistance during medical emergencies, along with a whole lot of heart that knows the care your health needs without shaking your savings. To know more about this policy, have a look at the following mentions.
|Minimum entry age
|Dependent child – 91 days, Adult – 18 years
|Maximum entry age
|Dependent child – 25 years, Adult – 65 years
|Standard Plan, Silver Plan, Gold Plan
|Who can be covered for
The policy can be availed for self and the following family members
|Individual policy and Family Floater policy
|No exit age
|Sum insured options
|Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 2 lakhs, Rs. 3 lakhs, Rs. 4 lakhs, and Rs. 5 lakhs.
|Available, more than 7300 network hospitals are there spread all over the country.
What Will You Get With Reliance Health Wise Insurance Policy?
This policy has come up with a sack full of benefits and facilities that promise to keep you and your family protected and secure. The following table showcases the details of such benefits. Have a look.
|The plan covers hospitalization expenses for a period of more than 24 hours
|Covers, and it is limited to 10% of the sum insured for medical expenses incurred for availing of the medical treatment at home which would have otherwise required hospitalization
|Pre-hospitalization medical expenses
|Post-hospitalization medical expenses
|Cost of health check-up
|Reimbursement of the cost of the medical check-up is provided up to 1% of the average sum insured for individual policies and up to 1.25% for floater covers, once at the end of a block of four consecutive years, provided there are no claims reported under the policies by any member, during the block.
|Critical illness cover
|Organ donor expenses cover
|Modern treatments and procedures
|Covered up to 50% of the sum insured
|Pre-policy medical check-up
|If you have healthy habits and you do not have any pre-existing disease then you do not need to undergo a pre-policy medical test below the age of 45 years for getting this policy
|Tax exemption benefit
|This policy also gives you a tax exemption benefit. The premium is eligible for deduction under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Key Highlights of Reliance Health Wise policy
Apart from the above standard and basic benefits and facilities, this plan has come up with a bunch of special advantages that have made the plan unique and popular among consumers. To know more about these advantages, have a look at the following mentions.
Daily Hospitalization Allowance:
This optional benefit is only available for the Gold Plan variant of the policy, where you will be given Rs. 250 daily hospitalization allowance up to a maximum limit of 7 days. In case of a listed critical illness, the amount will remain the same, but the maximum limit will be up to 14 days.
For the Silver plan, per day nursing allowance will be Rs. 250 for a maximum period of 5 days. And, for the Gold Plan, the allowance will be Rs. 300 for up to 5 days. In case of a listed critical illness, the daily limit will be extended up to 10 days.
Local Road Ambulance Service:
For the Standard Plan, Rs. 500 per hospitalization is provided for the transportation of the patient from one place to a nearby hospital in case of a medical emergency. For the Silver Plan and Gold Plan, the amount is up to Rs. 750 and Rs. 1000, respectively.
This facility is available for the Silver and Gold Plan. If in case an insured person is hospitalized for more than 10 days, a lump sum of Rs. 10,000 will be paid on behalf of the company.
Expenses of an accompanying person:
In case of a compassionate visit to the insured person, the company will provide Rs. 200 per day for a maximum period of 5 days under the Standard Plan. in the case of the Silver and Gold Plan, the amount will be Rs. 250 and Rs. 300, respectively, whereas the day-limit will be the same.
Policy cancellation other than free look period:
The Policyholder may cancel this policy by giving 15 days’ written notice and in such an event, the Company will refund the premium for the unexpired policy period on a short period basis as detailed below Period on risk % of Premium Refunded:
|Period of risk
|Percentage of premium refunded
|Up to 1 month
|Up to 3 months
|Up to 6 months
|Exceeding 6 months
What are the general exclusions of Reliance Health Wise Insurance Policy?
Understanding a policy is not completed if you do not go through its exclusions of it thoroughly. Therefore, to offer you a clear and comprehensive picture of the policy, and to avoid future complications, here are the general exclusions of this policy.
- In case of any kind of breach of law with criminal intent, the policy will not offer any compensation.
- Self-inflicted injury, suicide, or suicide attempt is permanently excluded from the policy.
- If you raise any claim against such an illness or ailment that is still within its waiting period, the company will not approve your claim.
- The expenses related to the investigation, evaluation, wellness, and rejuvenation will not be compensated by the policy.
- Any kind of dietary supplement that can be purchased easily without any prescription will not be covered by the policy.
- If you take part in any hazardous activities, or adventurous sports such as ballooning, paragliding, or scuba diving, and get an injury from there, then the company will not pay for your medical expenses.
- Expenses related to any kind of plastic surgery, or cosmetic surgery will be excluded from the policy.
- If you receive any injury incurred due to the consumption of alcohol, drug, or any other intoxicating substances, the company will not take any liability for that.
- Maternity expenses and costs of dental treatment are not provided by the policy.
- If any expenses arise due to war, war-like situations, public unrest, radioactivity, nuclear war, etc. the company will not take any responsibility for that.
- External congenial anomaly also falls under the category of exclusions.
- If you receive any treatment which is non-allopathy, unrecognized, or outside the discipline, the company will certainly compensate for those treatments.
Premium calculation of Reliance Health Wise Policy
Once you get to know the inclusions and exclusions of the policy, the next important thing to know is the premium value that you need to pay for this purchasing this policy. To provide you with a clearer picture of it, here is an example.
Suppose, Mr. Mishra, a 36-year-old businessman, bought Reliance Health Wise Insurance Policy for himself. Let us find out, how much premium amount he has to pay for availing of the benefits of the policy for the given credentials.
|Rs. 3 lakhs
|Premium amount including GST
Now, the same Mr. Mishra wants to cover his wife under the same policy. Certainly, the data will change according to that. Now, we will find out how much premium amount he needs to pay for the given credentials.
|Self – 36 years, Spouse – 34 years
|Self and spouse.
|Family floater policy
|Rs. 5 lakhs
|Premium amount including GST
Frequently Asked Questions
The followings are the discounts that this policy offers:
- Discount For Girl Child – 7% discount is provided in case you cover your two daughters in a 2 adult + 2 child floater policy and a 4% discount is available in case one daughter is covered in a policy (either 2 adults + 1 child or 2 adults + 2 children).
- Renewal Discount – For every claim free renewal, you get a 5% discount on the applicable premium. This discount is applicable for up to 4 continuous claim-free years which is a maximum of 20%.
- Others – A 12% discount on the premium is available if the policy is purchased through the internet channel or through telemarketing.
The followings are the waiting periods for different situations:
- First 30 days – 30 days from the start of the policy date towards the treatment of any illness except claims related to an accident.
- Pre-existing diseases – 2/4 years waiting for expenses related to the treatment of pre-existing diseases, and their direct complications will be excluded (as specified in the Policy schedule) after continuous coverage from the date of inception of the first policy.
- Specific ailments – 1 year of waiting period applies on expenses related to the treatment of the listed conditions, surgeries/treatments as mentioned in the policy wordings. Continuous coverage of 24 months is essential after the date of inception of the first policy.
Geographical Rating Structure is being introduced that is Zone A (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh & Bangalore), and Zone B (Rest of India). If a customer from Zone B makes a claim in Zone A, then he will be liable to a 25% co-pay. However, those residing in Zone B can choose to pay an appropriate premium as applicable for Zone A and avail of treatment all over India without any co-payment.
The renewal benefit will be available only if the policy is renewed within 30 days from the previous policy expiry date.
Under this policy, the total of all discounts should not cross the 37% limit in aggregate.
Certainly, online purchasing or renewing facility is available with this plan.