Tata AIG Health Insurance Claim
While Tata AIG is known for its smooth and hassle-free claim process, it has also managed to settle claims on time, which can be vouched for by its incurred claim ratio (67.27%) and an army of 7200+ network hospitals that are ready to serve at a moment’s notice. More than that, to make the customer experience even better, it has recently launched an app that has made the claim process smoother and easier. To know more details about the claim process of Tata AIG Health Insurance, keep an eye on the following content.
Detailed Process of Filing Tata AIG Health Insurance Claim
Cashless Claim Procedure In Case Of Planned Hospitalization
If you want to avail of a smooth cashless health insurance claim process with this insurer, have a look at the following step by step guide.
- For a cashless claim process, you need to get admitted to a network hospital of the insurer. If it is a planned hospitalization, you need to inform the insurer 48 hours prior to the hospitalization by emailing them the claim form. You can also send a letter to the company informing them about the incident.
- The company will assess and evaluate the claim form, and if satisfied, they will send a confirmation letter and intimate the hospital about the claim.
- Once you arrive at the hospital, you need to submit the health card and the confirmation letter that you have received from Tata AIG.
- That is all. Rest will be handled by the insurer. You can avail of the treatments without worrying much.
Cashless Claim Procedure In Case Of Emergency Hospitalization
If it is not a pre-planned hospitalization, and you get admitted to a network hospital of the company in the case of a medical emergency, you need to follow the below steps for filing a claim:
- As soon as the incident occurs, you need to intimate the insurer within 24 hours of the hospitalization by sending them the cashless claim form. it will help them to generate the claim intimation number or reference number.
- Along with that you also need to submit the necessary documents such as a copy of your health insurance policy, your insurance card, your photo identification proof, your proof of address, duly filled KYC form in case the claim amount exceeds ₹1 lakh.
- Once the company receives all the required documents, it will verify them and if no discrepancy is found, the company will issue an authorization letter to the hospital and will settle the medical bills directly with the hospital.
Reimbursement Claim Procedure
If you do not get admitted to a network hospital of the company, you need to follow the below steps to file a claim under the company.
- At first, you need to avail yourself of the medical treatments in the hospital and pay all the bills. After that, you can file a reimbursement claim.
- you need to submit the duly filled and signed reimbursement claim form along with the following required documents.
- A copy of your health insurance plan or insurance card;
- A Medical Certificate signed by a registered doctor;
- The relevant pathological reports;
- A copy of the hospital discharge card;
- The original hospital bills and receipts;
- The original pharmacy bills;
- The investigation report, if applicable;
- A copy of the First Information Report in case of an accidental claim;
- Your NEFT details for the settlement of the claim;
- Duly filled KYC form if the amount of the claim is above ₹1 lakh.
- Once the company receives all the required documents, it will verify and assess the documents. If everything is clear, it will process the claim, and your claim amount will be reimbursed.
How To Intimate Tata AIG Health Insurance Claim Using Its Website?
If you want to intimate the insurer about the health insurance claim smoothly using its website online, have a look at the following step by step guide.
- Go to the official website of the Tata AIG General Insurance.
- On the top of the homepage, there will be the Claims option. Click on that.
- On the landing page, click on the Initiate Claim tab.
- Multiple options will be displayed before you. Among them, select the Health tab that will be on the right side of the first row.
- You will be directed to a new page. There you need to put your registered mobile number and click on the Continue option.
- After the verification, you need to follow the instructions, and provide the company with the necessary details, if any.
- Once you have put every required detail regarding your claim, the insurer will be notified about the same and your claim will be registered.
- On behalf of the insured person, any other individual can also register the claim. In that case, instead of the Initiate Claim option, click on the Register a Claim on Customer’s Behalf option, which is available just below the Initiate Claim tab. After that, put the policy number and click on the Confirm option. Then, follow the instructions as displayed before you to register the claim successfully.
How To Contact Tata AIG Health Insurance For Claim Related Query?
Though you should not face any problems registering your health claim with Tata AIG. But if you have followed the steps religiously and still run into some problems, you can contact the company using any of the following methods.
- You can avail of the WhatsApp facility of the insurer by using their WhatsApp number +91-9136160375 and let them know your issue there.
- You can directly call the insurer to discuss your problem using their 24×7 toll-free number 1800-266-7780.
- Else, you can also write to them describing your problem related to your health insurance claim. In that case, their email ID is email@example.com.
- Apart from all these, you can also visit any of the official branches of the company, and their experienced customer executive will address your problem then and there. To find out the nearest branch of the company, you can use the branch locator facility of the insurer that is available on their official website.