National Bike Insurance Policy Download
When you are a two wheeler owner, the most important thing you need to do is to purchase a bike insurance policy to safeguard yourself and your bike. But your responsibility does not end there. You also need to know how you can download your bike insurance policy online because it is not always possible to carry a hard copy, and you may need your policy copy anytime, anywhere. While prominent bike insurance providers have come up with this online downloading facility, National Insurance Company, being a popular and customer-friendly insurer, is not an exception. Therefore, today, in this article, we will talk about every detail you need to know about the bike insurance policy download process under this insurer.
A Step-by-step Guide To Downloading National Bike Insurance Policy
Follow the below steps to avail of a hassle-free bike insurance policy download procedure.
- Go to the official website of the company
- You will find the Customer Login option on the right of the homepage. Click on that.
- From there, select the Login tab.
- You will be directed to a new page. There you need to put the customer ID and password correctly in the right places.
- But if you are a new customer of the insurer and have not yet registered yourself, click on the Register Here option. And make your online portal under this company. in that case, you need to provide your valid and active mobile number, email ID, and policy number.
- Once you log in to your account, place a request for the digital document of your two wheeler insurance policy.
- A soft copy of your National Two Wheeler Insurance Policy will be sent to you on your registered email ID.
- Download the policy document. It will be stored in your device in PDF format
Apart from this, there is another way in which you can download your bike insurance policy from this company:
- Go to the official website of the National Insurance Company.
- In the middle of the homepage, there will be the Products tab. Click on that. Select the Motor option from there, and go for the Get Quote/Buy Policy option.
- Choose the desired product that you want to purchase for your two wheeler.
- Fill up the blanks with the required details as stated on the website.
- Once you are done with all the details, you will get a quote on the basis of the given credentials.
- Check the details again carefully, and if you are satisfied and everything is fair, click on the Buy option.
- After that, pay the premium using any suitable online payment method.
- Upon successful payment for the policy, you will be directed to a new page where your two wheeler policy will be displayed on your device’s screen.
- There look for the download option.
- Once you click the Download option, the policy will be downloaded and saved on your device in PDF format.
Why You Need To Keep a Hard Copy of National Bike Insurance Policy?
Previously, it was mandatory for the bike insurance owner to keep a hard copy of their two wheeler insurance policy. But this regulation was modified by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) due to the rapid pace of digitization and to make things more convenient for consumers. Now, it is not mandatory, and the insurers are obligated to accept a soft copy of your bike insurance policy. But there is always a possibility that you may have lost your phone or your phone is not functioning properly. In that case, a hard copy is a savior to escape adverse situations. Therefore, it would always be advisable to keep a hard copy along with a soft copy of your two wheeler insurance policy.
How Can We Get a Hard Copy of National Bike Insurance Policy?
No matter how you purchase your National two-wheeler insurance policy, be it online or offline, you can easily access the policy document’s hard copy. Insurers usually send the policy document within a week of the policy purchase to the registered address. Or else, if you have a softcopy of your bike insurance policy document, you can make a printout of that. If you have lost your policy document, in that case, you can contact your insurer, and the company will take the necessary initiatives to produce a duplicate policy document on your request. That will also be delivered to the registered address.
Process of Making Changes in National Bike Insurance Policy
It might be possible that you have changed your address or mobile number. In that case, your insurer must be updated and intimated about the same. You can follow the steps below to make minor changes to your policy.
- Go to the official website of the company.
- Click on the Customer Login tab, which is available on the right side of the homepage.
- After that, you need to choose the Update Contact Details option to make the necessary changes.
- You will be directed to a new page. There you need to put your policy number and the captcha and then click on the submit button.
- Then, follow the instructions as stated to make the required changes in your contact details.
- If you want to make any changes other than the contact details, you need to click on the Login option available under the Customer Login tab.
- Log in to your online customer portal under National Insurance Company with the help of your customer ID and password.
- You can make/suggest the necessary changes. But for that, you need to submit the required proof(s).
- Once all the details are verified, your policy will be updated. And the insurer will send a copy of your updated bike insurance policy to your registered email ID.
In Case of a Problem, How Can I Contact The Insurer?
Though you should not be facing any problems while downloading the two wheeler policy document under this insurer if you have followed the above steps properly. If you still face any glitch, you can contact the National Insurance Company by choosing any of the following methods.
- You can call the insurer at 18003450330, 033-68110000, 033-25370070, or 040-27700011.
- You can directly write to the insurer stating your problem through their official mail ID. firstname.lastname@example.org. In that case, you may need to provide some other details such as policy number, bike registration number, etc.
- For Customer Portal related queries, you can write to email@example.com.
- Apart from the above online methods, you can also contact this insurer offline by physically visiting one of the official branches of the company. Their customer executive will always be there to help you.