Royal Sundaram Two Wheeler Insurance
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited (formerly known as Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited) is the first private sector general insurance company in India to be licensed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India. This company is popularly known for its customer-friendly approach, and when it comes to two wheeler insurance policies, it is worth mentioning because this company has come up with a wide range of bike insurance policies that can cater to the varied needs of different individuals. Above all, in India, it is mandatory to have a third party liability insurance policy according to the Motor Vehicles Act. To provide comprehensive protection for a bike from all the potential road risks and to save the owner from financial and third party liabilities, this insurer is always ready with its multiple bike policies. To know more about these policies, have a look at the following mentions.
Why Should You Choose Bike Insurance From Royal Sundaram?
If a policyholder gets insured under Royal Sundaram, he/she is totally safe and tension-free. To find out why one should choose a bike insurance policy under this insurer, look at the below mentions.
The company understands the needs of a policy-seeker. Therefore, it not only offers a shield against third party liabilities but also offers protection against loss or damage due to theft or accident. In case of unforeseen events, the company offers Personal Accident Cover for a minimum of Rs.15 lakh, which can be extended for passengers too.
Quick Claim Process:
This insurer has developed a swift and seamless claim process. The company’s official website is built so that anybody can raise a claim within just a few clicks, and the company is prompt enough to respond to your claim within 10 days.
Affordable Premium Rate:
The bike insurance policies under Royal Sundaram has made in a consumer-friendly manner. Regardless of the economic background of the policy-seeker, the premiums are so affordable that anybody can avail of the benefits of the policies.
Protection Against Inflation:
If the policyholder chooses to buy a long-term bike policy such as three or five years, he/she does not need to pay any extra premium even if there is an increase in Third party premium during the course of the policy period.
With the growing demand for digitalization, the company prefers to keep the entire process as paperless as possible. Just one two wheeler insurance Policy document will be issued for the entire policy period. Therefore, the policyholder does not have to take care of multiple papers.
The trusted network garages of the company are spread all over the country. Therefore, you can easily get a desirable network garage within your vicinity.
With the help of this app, the two wheeler inspection process has become totally digital -from the comfort of your home in just 20 minutes.
It is a one-stop app for all policy details, claims processes, and other details. Managing a bike insurance policy has become easier with this app.
Types of Bike Insurance Plans Offered By Royal Sundaram
This company has come up with a sack full of bike insurance policies that can cater to the varied needs of individuals. The policy-seeker can go for any policy that suits him/her the best. All the types are discussed here.
5 Year Two Wheeler Liability Policy
This policy offers protection against third party liabilities for long 5 years. Any claim arising out of any contractual liability will not be entertained by this policy.
Key highlights of the policy:
- The Company will indemnify the Insured, in the event of an accident caused by or arising out of the use of the insured vehicle anywhere in India, against all sums which the Insured shall become legally liable to pay in respect of the death of or bodily injury to any person and/or damage to property other than property belonging to the Insured.
- The Company undertakes to pay compensation as per the following scale for bodily injury/death sustained by the Owner-Driver of the vehicle caused by a violent accident within six calendar months.
|Details of injury||Scale of Compensation|
|Death||100% of the capital sum insured|
Loss of two limbs or sight of two eyes or
one limb and sight of one eye
|100% of the capital sum insured|
|Loss of one limb or sight of one eye||50% of the capital sum insured|
Permanent Total Disablement from
injuries other than those named above
|100% of the capital sum insured|
Bundled Two Wheeler Long Term Policy
This is a comprehensive two wheeler policy that offers overall protection not only against man-made disasters and natural calamities but also safeguards from third party liabilities.
Key highlights of the plan:
- The Company will indemnify the Insured against Loss or Damage to the vehicle insured hereunder and/or its accessories whilst thereon
- By fire explosion self-ignition or lightning;
- by burglary housebreaking or theft;
- by riot and strike;
- by an earthquake (fire and shock damage);
- by flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost;
- by accidental external means;
- by the malicious act; viii. by terrorist activity;
- whilst in transit by road rail inland- waterway lift elevator or air;
- by landslide, rockslide.
- Personal Accident Cover and Third Party Liability cover are also included in the policy.
- NCB Benefit – The No Claim Bonus will be as per the following schedule:
|Parameters||% of discount on Section I (Loss of or Damage to the Vehicle Insured) premium|
|No claim was made or pending during the preceding full year of insurance||20%|
|No claim was made or pending during the preceding 2 consecutive years of insurance||25%|
|No claim made or pending during the preceding 3 consecutive years of insurance||35%|
|No claim was made or pending during the preceding 4 consecutive years of insurance||45%|
|No claim made or pending during the preceding 5 consecutive years of insurance||50%|
Package Two Wheeler Long Term Policy
Just like the Bundled Two Wheeler policy, it is also a comprehensive bike insurance policy offered by Royal Sundaram to provide protection to bike owners.
Key highlights of the plan:
- It comes up with protection against natural and man-made disasters, burglary, and third party liabilities along with personal accident cover.
- This policy can be extended on the following occasions:
- Personal Accident to Unnamed Passengers Other than Insured and the Paid Driver and Cleaner
- Personal Accident Cover to the Insured or Any Unnamed Person other than Paid Driver or Cleaner
- Personal Accident Cover to Paid Drivers
- Personal Accident Cover to Unnamed Hirer and Unnamed Pillion Passengers
- Cover for Vehicles Imported without Customs Duty
Annual Two Wheeler Package Policy
In the case of the Annual Two Wheeler Package Policy, the benefits and the facilities remain the same as the Package Two Wheeler Long Term Policy. However, it is not a long term policy. You have to renew the policy yearly.
Standalone Two Wheeler Own Damage Only Policy
This policy provides protection only against the own damages. Third party liability cover is not included under this policy.
Key highlights of the plan:
- All man-made hazards, natural calamities, burglary, etc. are covered under this plan.
- You can also enjoy the benefits of the No Claim Bonus (NCB).
- In consideration of the payment of an additional premium as specified in the policy wordings, the company agrees to compensate for the Loss of or Damage to accessories of the property of the Insured specifically declared by the Insured caused by burglary, housebreaking, or theft.
Premium Calculation of Royal Sundaram Two-Wheeler Insurance
You can check the premium amount for the two wheeler policy that you want to purchase from the official website of Probus Insurance. For that, you need to follow the below easy steps. Have a look.
- Go to the official website of Probus Insurance.
- Select the Two Wheeler option that will be there on their homepage.
- After that, click on the New Bike option. There you need to provide some details regarding your two wheeler such as RTO, city of registration, manufacturer, model, variant, and registration year.
- Then select the policy type, whether you want to buy a comprehensive policy, or a third party bike insurance policy.
- Now you need to fill in the blanks with the required details related to your policy, such as policy term, customer type, license validity, personal accident cover, etc.
- Once you are done with providing the necessary details, click on the Information is Accurate option. Be careful while putting the credentials because a piece of wrong information can bring errors to the entire procedure.
- On the basis of your given data, Probus Insurance will showcase the available plans along with the quotes.
- Select the desired, and if you are satisfied, you can buy the plan directly from the same by clicking on that particular tab.
Exclusions of Royal Sundaram Two-Wheeler Insurance
- Any claim arising whilst the vehicle insured herein is being used otherwise than in accordance with the Limitations as to Use or being driven by or is for the purpose of being driven by him/her in charge of any person other than a Driver as stated in the Driver’s clause will be excluded.
- Any liability, directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from nuclear weapons material, will not be covered.
- Any liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with war, invasion, the act of foreign enemies, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, mutiny, etc., will be permanently excluded.
- If any accidental Loss, Damage, and/or liability is caused, sustained, or incurred outside the Geographical Area, the company will not take any responsibility for that.
- Any accidental Loss or Damage to any property whatsoever, or any loss or expense resulting or arising from or consequential loss will not be compensated.
- If the driver of the two wheeler is under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any other intoxicating substance and meets an accident, the company does not take any responsibility to compensate for the financial loss.
- In case of self-inflicted injuries, suicide, or suicide attempt, and if it is proven, the company does not undertake any liability to pay for the financial loss.
- Anything that does not satisfy the terms and conditions of the policy and the company will be permanently excluded from the policy.
- If there is any breach of law with criminal intent will also fall under the category of exclusions.
Buying Process of Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance
You can easily purchase a Royal Sundaram bike insurance policy via offline or online method.
If you prefer to buy the two wheeler policy online, follow the below steps to avail of a seamless buying process.
- Go to the official website of Royal Sundaram General Insurance.
- On the top of the homepage, there will be the Products tab. Click on that and select the Two Wheeler Insurance option.
- On the landing page, scroll down a little. You will find the Buy Now option. Click on that.
- After that, you need to provide certain details such as the registration number of your two wheeler, and mobile number.
- Provide other details if required.
- Once you provide the necessary details, click on the Get Best Price Option.
- On the basis of your given data, the purchase amount will be displayed before you.
- Then fill up the form with the required information. Be careful while putting in the credentials.
- Once done, pay the amount by choosing one of the most convenient payment methods available with the insurer.
- Upon successful payment, you will receive a notification regarding the same in your registered mobile number and/or email ID.
- Download and save the policy document for future reference. You can also make a printout of that for better convenience.
Through Branch Visit:
If you are more comfortable with the offline buying procedure, then you can visit one of the official branches of the company. Fill up the form with the required information, and provide the necessary documents. Their customer executives will also help you to progress further with the buying process.
How To Claim for Royal Sundaram Two-Wheeler Insurance?
The company offers both online and offline claim processes. It would be advisable to opt for the online claim procedure as it is safer and quicker. To avail of a smooth and hassle-free claim process, follow the below steps.
- As soon as the incident happens, inform the insurer immediately.
- You can now intimate your claims online through their “Notify Claims Online” facility.
- Click on the Motor Claims Notification Form link available on the website and provide the required details, such as your contact details, policy number, details of the accident/loss, etc., and click on the Submit option.
- The claims team will contact you to guide you through the process.
- Download the relevant claim form from the official website (or) request one through the call center.
- Fill up the claim form and forward it to the company along with the required documents at the following address:
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited.
- Vishranthi Melaram Towers
- No.2/319 , Rajiv Gandhi Salai(OMR)
- Karapakkam, Chennai – 600097
- If you need a complete brief on the procedure and requirements to process your claim, you could also call the company at 1860 258 0000, 1860 425 0000.
- Once the registration of the claim is done, the company will appoint a surveyor on its behalf to inspect and evaluate the accident/loss. Co-operate with the surveyor. Do not produce any false information.
- Once the surveyor’s report is prepared, you can take the damaged two wheeler to the nearest network garage of the company if you are opting for the cashless facility. If you go for the reimbursement procedure, you can repair your damaged bike at any garage or repair center. In that case, a network garage is not mandatory.
- For cashless settlement, the company will settle the claim amount directly with the network garage, and you just have to pay the deductibles. For the reimbursement process, pay the bill and save all the bills and receipts for future reference.
- If no discrepancy is found, the company will settle the claim amount within the stipulated period.
Renewal Process of Royal Sundaram Two-Wheeler Insurance
Follow the below mentions to renew your bike policy under this insurer without any hassles.
To keep pace with the growing demand for digitalization, Royal Sundaram has come up with an online renewal procedure for better convenience for customers. Follow the below steps to avail yourself of a smooth renewal process.
- Go to the official website of the company.
- On the left side of the homepage, there will be the Renew tab. Click on that.
- You will be directed to a new page. There you have to select the Two Wheeler option.
- You can renew the policy either by your registered mobile number, email ID, or your existing policy number.
- For mobile number and email ID, you need to put the credentials in the right place, and click on the General OTP option. For the policy number, you need to put the policy number and expiry date correctly in the right place, and submit
- Once you are done putting in the basic details, you need to fill in the blanks with the required details. Be careful here because a single piece of wrong information can bring errors to the entire process.
- After putting the necessary credentials, click on the Submit option. On the basis of the given details, the renewal amount will be displayed before you. Check it twice.
- If no discrepancy is found, pay the renewal amount by choosing one of the most convenient payment methods, available with the insurer.
- Upon successful payment, you will receive a notification regarding the same in your registered mobile number and./or email ID.
- Save it for future reference, or else, you can also make a printout of that for better convenience.
Through Branch Visit:
Apart from the online procedure. You can also renew your Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance Policy offline by visiting one of the official branches of the company. Their customer executives are knowledgeable and experienced enough to guide you through the renewal process.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the event of the death of the sole Insured, this Policy will not immediately lapse but will remain valid for a period of three months from the date of the death of the Insured or until the expiry of this Policy (whichever is earlier). During the said period, if the legal heir desires to apply for transfer of this Policy or obtain a new Policy, he/she should make an application to the Company accordingly within the aforesaid period. All such applications should be accompanied by:
- Death Certificate in respect of the Insured
- Proof of title to the vehicle
- Original Policy.
No Motor Third Party Insurance may be canceled by either the insurer or the insured except on the following grounds:
- Double Insurance
- Vehicle not in use anymore because of Total Loss or Constructive Total Loss
- In the event, the vehicle is sold and/or transferred
In the case of painting, the depreciation rate of 50% shall be applied only to the material cost of the total painting charges. In case of a consolidated bill for painting charges, the material component shall be considered as 25% of the total painting charges for the purpose of applying depreciation.
The Insured’s Declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle will be deemed to be the ‘Sum Insured’ for the purpose of this Policy which is fixed at the commencement of each Period of Insurance for the insured vehicle. The IDV of the vehicle is to be fixed on the basis of the manufacturer’s listed selling price of the brand and model.
|Age of the car||% of the depreciation for fixing IDV|
|Not exceeding 6 months||5%|
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year||15%|
|Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years||20%|
|Exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years||30%|
|Exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years||40%|
|Exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years||50%|
You can avail of discounts in the following cases:
- If the insured has a membership of a recognized automobile association, he/she is eligible to avail of a discount up to a certain limit.
- Discount for installation of anti-theft devices.
- Discount for specially designed/modified bikes for specially-abled individuals.
You can get connected with the insurer by opting for any one of the following methods.
- You can directly call the company by using their customer care number 18602580000, or 18604250000.
- The special claim intimation number for motor claims is 18005689999.
- You can also directly write to the company using their official mail ID email@example.com.
- The registered office address of the company is:
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited
No.21, Patullos Road,
Chennai – 600 002.
- Using their branch locator facility which is available on their official website, you can also locate the nearest branch of the insurer within your vicinity, and visit it for any purpose, related to your insurance policy.
Deductibles can be of two types.
- Compulsory deductible – It is a portion of the claim amount that is mandatorily deducted by the insurer on each claim the policyholder raises. Claims are settled after deducting the compulsory deductibles. This amount is payable by the insured person. In this case, the premium amount does not decrease.
- Voluntary deductible – It is optional. It is the fixed amount that the insured person is ready to pay from his/her pocket voluntarily for future repairs of the two wheeler. If the policyholder opts for voluntary deductibles, he/she will get the insurance policy at a lower premium rate. it is not the same as a co-pay, and also not always beneficial. Therefore, choose voluntary deductible carefully.