Compare Premium. Buy Now.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
New India Asha Kiran Policy
The Asha Kiran Policy from New India Assurance is a one-of-a-kind medical insurance plan that provides coverage to parents of up to two dependent daughters who only have female children. After purchasing the policy, if a son is born or a daughter becomes independent, the company will provide a migration option to a more suitable health insurance plan.
Features like discounted rates for female children, ease of cashless settlement, personal accident cover, critical care cover, and reimbursement for emergency ambulances make it a power-packed deal. If you wish to know more about the plan, stay tuned to this post!
|Minimum Entry Age||For Children: 91 Days, For Adults: 18 Years|
|Maximum Entry Age||For Children: 25 Years, For Adults: 65 Years|
|Sum Insured Options||Rs. 2/3/5/8 Lakhs|
|Policy Period||1 Year|
Focal Points Of New India Asha Kiran Policy
The following expenses are covered by the policy:
|Room Rent||Actually Incurred OR 1% Of SI Per Day (Whichever Is Less)|
|ICU/ICCU Expenses||Actually Incurred OR 2% Of SI Per Day (Whichever Is Less)|
|Associate Medical Expenses||Covered|
|Artificial Life Maintenance||Up To 10% Of SI|
|Cost Of Pharmacy & Consumables||Covered|
|Organ Donor Expenses||Covered|
|Cataract||10% Of SI OR Rs. 50,000, Whichever is Less|
|Puberty OR Menopause Related Disorders||Covered|
|Age-Related Macular Degeneration||Covered After 48 Months Of Continuous Coverage|
|Behavioural & Neuro-Developmental Disorders||Covered|
|Genetic Diseases Or Disorders||Covered|
|Modern Treatment Or Disorders||Covered|
|Personal Accident Cover||Up To 100% Of SI|
|Ambulance Cover||1% Of SI Or Actual (Whichever Is Less)|
|Ayurvedic Treatment||25% Of SI|
|Pre-Hospitalization Expenses||30 Days|
|Post-Hospitalization Expenses||60 Days|
|Congenital Internal Diseases||Covered After 24 Months Of Continuous Coverage|
|Critical Illnesses||11 Covered|
Benefits Offered By New India Asha Kiran Policy
- Discount For Girl Children: In case your child is a girl, you will get a 50% discount on the premium. This feature allows you to save a great deal of money, which you can use for other essential purposes.
- Critical Care Benefit: If the insured member contracts one of the 11 listed critical illnesses during the policy’s term, the insurance provider will pay a lump payment equal to 10% of the insured amount as an additional benefit.
- Personal Accident Benefit: You are protected against both death and disability with this benefit. The policy paper specifies the details, and the range of coverage ranges from 50% to 200%.
- Continuity Benefit: Certain procedures are only reimbursed if the insured person has been consistently covered for a predetermined amount of time. For instance, coverage for cataracts begins only after 24 months of continuous coverage.
- Tax Benefits: According to Section 80 D of the Income Tax Act of 1961, payments for health insurance made in any way other than cash are eligible for a deduction from taxable income. Please refer to the appropriate section of the Income Tax Act for more information.
New India Asha Kiran Policy Premium
If you have decided to buy New India’s Asha Kiran policy, it is very important for you to have an estimate of how much will the plan cost you. Therefore, we have calculated the premium amount of the plan on the basis of different criteria.
|Name Of The Policyholder||Shalini Gupta||Mahesh Singh||Avantika Kumari||Madan Kumar|
|Age Of The Policyholder||20 Years||36 Years||50 Years||62 Years|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 2 Lakhs||Rs. 3 Lakhs||Rs. 5 Lakhs||Rs. 8 Lakhs|
|Premium Amount||Rs. 1,953||Rs. 5,303||Rs. 11,907||Rs. 49,466|
Exclusions Under New India Asha Kiran Policy
The following are some of the expenses that are not covered by the policy:
- Obesity and weight control treatment
- Investigation and evaluation
- Rest cure, rehabilitation, and respite care
- Change of gender treatments
- Cosmetic or plastic surgery
- Hazardous or adventure sports
- Breach of law
- Treatment for alcoholism, drug, or any other intoxicating substances
- Refractive error
- Unproven treatments
- Sterility and infertility
- Maternity expenses
- War and war-like occurrence or invasion
- Dental treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
You can cover the following members:
- Proposer’s Spouse
- Proposer’s Dependent Daughter (Maximum 2)
This policy requires a minimum of two members with at least one daughter. No single person may get this policy. A single policy may only cover up to four participants.
All members joining for the first time beyond the age of 50 must take a pre-acceptance test. If a person has a negative medical history, they must also go through this pre-acceptance medical examination. The proposer will be responsible for paying for this examination. However, if the application is approved, the proposer will receive a 50% reimbursement for the cost of the examination.
Yes. The plan comes with the following waiting periods:
- Pre-Existing Disease: 48 Months
- Waiting Period For Specific Diseases: 90 Days/24/48 Months
- General Waiting Period: 30 Days
Treatment is solely covered under the policy in India. Even within India, if a lower zone premium is paid and a higher zone treatment is received, the liability for any claim shall be limited to the following:
- a) 80% of the admissible claim amount
- b) Sum Insured, whichever is smaller.
Yes. The policy has 30 days grace period. The continuity benefits would not be impacted if your policy is renewed within 30 days of the preceding policy expiring. However, even if you renew your policy within 30 days of the expiration of your old one, any illnesses you get, injuries you suffer, or hospitalization that starts during the insurance gap is not covered. You should therefore be sure to renew the policy before it expires for your own benefit.
Yes. Before paying the renewal premium, you may request an increase in the sum insured.
After receiving the insurance, you will have 15 days to evaluate the terms and conditions and return the policy if you don’t agree with them.
Once the daughter(s) become financially independent or a boy kid is born after purchasing the policy, the company shall provide an option to migrate to an appropriate health insurance policy.
The policy provides coverage for the following critical illnesses:
- First heart attack of specified severity
- Open chest CABG
- Open heart replacement or repair of heart valves
- Coma of specified severity
- Kidney failure requiring regular dialysis
- Stroke resulting in permanent symptoms
- Major organ/bone marrow transplant
- Permanent paralysis of limbs
- Motor neurone disease with permanent symptoms
- Multiple sclerosis with persisting symptoms
Yes. If you receive treatment in a hospital outside the zone for which you have paid a premium, you will be responsible for 20% of each valid claim.