New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
The New India Assurance Company Limited offers the Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy, which offers protection to senior persons in times of need. This health insurance plan covers hospitalization costs for seniors, including both pre-and post-hospitalization fees. Ayurvedic, homeopathic, and Unani treatments are also covered for individuals.
The inclusion of benefits like diabetic Mellitus and hypertension for an additional 10% premium payment is another advantage of this plan. Everything is covered by this policy, including doctor visits, diagnostic tests, medication, and hospital stays.
Read on to learn more about the New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim policy’s eligibility, benefits, inclusions, exclusions, and more.
Here are the eligibility criteria for New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
|Age||Minimum- 60 Years, Maximum- 80 Years|
· 10% discount for voluntary excess of Rs. 10,000/-
· 10% Family Discount in case spouse is also covered.
Features & Benefits of New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
Here is the list of the salient features and benefits of the New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
- Pre-existing illnesses: After the policy has been in effect for at least 18 months, pre-existing conditions like diabetes mellitus and the issues that come with it, hypertension, etc. will be covered provided that the customer has also paid additional premiums.
- Varied Sum Insured: There are two sum assured options, i.e. Rs.1 lac and/or Rs.1.5 lacs, depending upon the preference of the customer.
- Dedicated Day Care Centre: Scientific advancements have made it possible for some procedures and treatments to be performed without a patient being hospitalized for a minimum of 24 hours. These processes are covered under this plan.
- Pre-Hospitalization: Up to 5% of the hospital bill, the insurance provider will pay for your hospitalization-related medical costs incurred within 30 days after the hospitalization.
- Post Hospitalization: The insurance provider will cover your hospitalization-related medical costs for 60 days following discharge, up to a maximum of 10% of the hospital bill.
- Coverage for non-allopathic medical expenses: Up to a maximum of 25% of the insured amount, you may claim any treatment received through alternative medicine such as Ayurveda, Unani, or homeopathy. Only if you seek the specified treatment in a government hospital or another facility that has been officially approved by the government or another governing authority will this claim be honored by the conditions of the policy.
- Organ Donor Cover: If you ever have to choose organ donation, the hospitalization costs for the donor’s operation (excluding the cost of the organ) will be reimbursed up to the amount insured.
- Health Check-Up: A health examination is required every four claim-free years. The maximum amount that can be repaid for this sum is 1% of the typical sum insured.
What Does the New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy?
|Actual Pre-Hospitalisation Medical Expenses||of up to 30 days, subject to a maximum of 5% of the hospital bill.|
|Actual Post-Hospitalisation Medical Expenses||of up to 60 days, subject to a maximum of 10% of the hospital bill.|
|AYUSH||Expenses incurred for Ayurvedic/Homeopathic/Unani Treatment are admissible up to 25% of the sum insured provided the treatment for Illness or Injury,|
|Ambulance charges||subject to a maximum of Rs.1000/-|
|Room, Boarding expenses charged by the Hospital/Nursing Home|
Up to 1% of the Sum Insured per day
Up to 2% of the Sum Insured per day
Overall limit: 25% of the Sum Insured.
|Surgeon, Anesthetist, Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialists Fees, Nursing Expenses||Overall limit 25% of the Sum Insured|
|Anesthesia, Radiotherapy, Blood, Chemotherapy, Oxygen, OT charges, Surgical Appliances, Medicines, Drugs, Diagnostic material & X-Ray, Dialysis, Cost of Pacemaker, Artificial Limbs, Cost of Stents & Implants||Overall limit 50% of the Sum Insured|
Not Included Under New India Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy
In accordance with this policy, the Company shall have no obligation to pay for:
Benefits are not available for any of the conditions listed in the policy until 18 months have passed since the start of the first insurance with the company, in continuous coverage.
Even after two claim-free years, dialysis, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy for illnesses—including critical illnesses—that existed before the start of this policy are not covered.
Diabetes mellitus and hypertension pre-existing conditions are covered from the start of the insurance, but only with the payment of an additional premium. However, even if an additional premium is paid to cover Diabetes mellitus and/or Hypertension, any illness related to these conditions that were already present at the time the insurance was started would not be covered.
No claim will be paid for any illness the insured individual contracts within the first 30 days of the policy’s start date. If the policy is renewed without a break, this exclusion will not be applicable. Treatment for Injury is not covered by the exclusion.
Waiting Period For Specified Diseases/Ailments/Conditions:
No claim will be paid for any of the following illnesses or conditions that are acquired during the “waiting periods” listed below, beginning on the first day the insurance is first instituted.
How Does The Plan Work- Premium Illustration
|Sum Insured (Rs.)||60-65||66-70||71-75||76-80||81-85||86 and above|
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Up till age 90, New India Assurance’s Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy is renewable.
No, the plan does not cover genetic problems in any way.
Yes, there is a 10% discount offered for donations over Rs. 10,000 made willingly. If the policy covers both the self and the spouse, a 10% family discount is also offered.
There are two sum-insured variations of the policy available for purchase:
- Rs.1 lakh
- Rs.1.5 lakh