New India Young India Digi Health Policy
The New India Young India Digi Health Insurance Policy is a specific health plan that provides medical coverage to those between the ages of 18 and 45. As long as they are reliant on their parents financially and one or both parents are insured at the same time, children from three months to 25 years old can be covered. The hospital cash payment of Rs. 500 per day of hospitalisation is the policy’s key selling point. The reimbursement under this clause shall be made for a maximum of five days for Any One Illness.
Read on to know more about the New India Young India Digi Health policy’s eligibility criteria, coverage details, features and benefits, exclusions, premium illustration, claim process, buying steps, renewal steps, and more.
Here are the eligibility criteria for the New India Young India Digi Health Plan.
For Adults: 18 Years – 45 Years
For Dependent Child – 91 Days – 25 Yrs
|Sum Insured Options||4 L & 8 L|
|Type of Cover||Individual or Floater Sum Insured basis.|
|Medical Check-up||No Pre-Acceptance|
|Pre-Hospitalization & Post-Hospitalization Expenses||60 Days and 90 Days|
|Hospital Cash (for a maximum of 5 days)||Rs. 500/- day|
|Cumulative Bonus||10% of the Sum Insured for each claim-free year and a Maximum of up to 30% of the Sum Insured|
|Medical Second Opinion for Critical Illnesses||up to Rs. 5,000/- is payable|
|Road Ambulance Charges||Payable up to Rs. 5,000/-|
|Health Checkup Expenses||Reimbursable up to Rs. 3,500/- for a block of 2 claim-free years.|
|Members Covered||Proposer, Proposer’s Spouse, Proposer’s Dependent Children|
Key Benefits of Choosing Young India Digi Health Insurance Policy
The following are the important features and benefits of considering the New India Young India Digi Health Plan.
- Free Look Period
Following receipt of the policy document, the insured person has fifteen days to evaluate the terms and conditions and return the document if they are not satisfactory.
- Medical Costs Related to Organ Transplantation
If the insured person needs an organ transplant, the plan will also cover hospitalisation costs (other than the cost of the organ) incurred by the donor, provided that their responsibility for costs incurred by the donor and the insured recipient does not exceed the available Sum Insured.
- Hospital Cash
For each day of hospitalisation covered by the policy, the plan will pay Hospital Cash in the amount of Rs. 500. For any one illness, the payment under this clause is only to be made for a maximum of five days. Only when the hospital stay lasts longer than 24 hours is the payment under this clause relevant. The Sum Insured will be decreased upon payment under this Clause.
- Road Ambulance Charges
The plan will cover any reasonable ambulance service costs you incur to transport an insured person to a hospital for treatment or from one hospital to another for any illness, up to a maximum of Rs. 5,000. These costs cannot exceed 1% of the insured amount.
- Coverage for Hazardous Sports
Any costs required for the treatment of an illness or injury resulting from dangerous sports should be the responsibility of the company. Only expenses incurred in Indian hospitals as inpatients are eligible for payment under this clause.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization
Pre-Hospitalization medical costs incurred up to 60 days before the hospital admission date. Contrarily, Post-Hospitalization medical costs up to 90 days after the hospital discharge date.
- Room Rent Coverage
As given by the hospital, a single AC room comes with boarding, DMO/RMO/CMO/RMP charges, and nursing (including injection/drug and intravenous fluid administration expenditures).
- Enhancement of the Sum Insured
If no claims have been made in the previous two years, the policyholder may increase the policy sum insured to the next eligible slab at the time of renewal.
- Tax Benefits
The premium for the New India Young India Digi Health Insurance Policy is tax deductible following Section 80D of the IT Act.
- Cumulative Bonus
Each year of insurance with no claims will entitle the insured person to a cumulative bonus of 10%, up to a maximum of 30%. The cumulative bonus accrued will be reduced at the same rate it was accrued if a claim is made in any specific year.
- New Born Baby Cover
Under the provisions of the policy, a newborn child of an insured mother with 24 months of continuous coverage is protected against any illness or injury from the day of birth until the policy’s expiration without paying any additional premium.
Exclusions Under the New India Young India Digi Health Insurance Policy
- The cost of treating a pre-existing disease (PED) and its immediate repercussions will not be covered until 24 months have passed since the start of the first policy with the company.
- If the amount insured is increased, the exclusion will reapply to the extent of the increased amount insured.
- The waiting period for the same would be shortened to the extent of prior coverage if the insured person maintains continuous coverage, as defined by the portability criteria of the current IRDAI (Health Insurance) Regulations, without interruption.
- Any pre-existing condition that was disclosed and approved by the company at the time of application will be covered by the insurance after the first 24 months have passed.
Specific Waiting Period:
- Until the end of ninety days, twelve months, or twenty-four months of uninterrupted coverage, as applicable, after the date of initiation of the initial policy with the insurer, expenses linked to the treatment of the conditions specified below, procedures, and treatments, must be excluded. Claims resulting from accidents are not subject to this restriction.
- If the amount insured is increased, the exclusion will reapply to the extent of the increase.
- The larger of the two waiting periods will be used if any of the specified diseases or procedures fall under the pre-existing disease waiting period.
- If the mentioned circumstances are contracted after the policy is issued or if they are stated and accepted without a particular exclusion, the waiting period will still be in effect.
- The waiting period for the same would be shortened to the extent of prior coverage if the insured person maintains continuous coverage without a gap as specified by the applicable portability rules set forth by IRDAI.
First Thirty Days Waiting Period:
- Except for claims arising from an accident, which are covered, expenses linked to the treatment of any sickness within 30 days of the initial policy commencement date shall be excluded. However, if the insured person maintains continuous coverage for more than a year, this exclusion will not be applicable.
- If a larger sum insured is subsequently granted, the herein-referenced waiting period is rendered relevant to the expanded sum insured.
Check Out Premium Illustration Of New India Young India Digi Health Policy
Let’s take Mr. Kanak Raju, an emerging professional from New Delhi who works for a product-driven company, as our case study. He was hoping to get a specific health plan that would protect him from the disease due to the high expense of medical care. He also does not want to take any chances because he is the family’s sole provider and medical costs are rising. He considered many options before settling on the New India Young India Digi Health policy.
|Age||Type of Cover||Sum Insured||Blood Pressure||Diabetic||Height (in Cm & Weight in Kg)||Premium Amount|
|30 Years||Individual Plan||Rs. 4, 00, 000||(>120/80) to (>=139/89)||Hb1AC (%) <= 6.4||180 cm and 85 kg||Rs. 4,211.00 (Including GST)|
|40 Years||Individual Plan||Rs. 8, 00, 000||(<=120/80)||Hb1AC (%) > 6.4||170 cm and 80 kg||Rs. 7,134.00 (Including GST)|
Buying Process: How to Buy Young India Digi Health Policy?
Health insurance offers extensive coverage, a wide range of advantages, and financial security. One will almost certainly need to undergo a costly medical operation at least once in their lifetime due to escalating healthcare expenses. Therefore, investing in health insurance like the Young India Digi Health Insurance Policy is a sensible method to reduce high medical expenses. If you are looking to buy Young India Digi Health Insurance Policy from New India, listed below are the steps to follow.
- Visit the New India Insurance official website.
- The “Products section” can be found at the top of the home page in the blue banner. Just click it. Look for “Health” in the menu. Click “More” in the corner after that.
- When you click on it, many health plans will appear in the “Health” area. Go to “Young India Digi Health Policy” next. To view the plan page, click “Know More” after hovering your cursor over it.
- The plan page will then be displayed. Then “Buy Online” will appear. Just click it.
- You will be prompted to enter all the necessary information on a new page, including your date of birth, gender selection, insured amount, blood pressure, diabetes type selection, height, weight, and contact information. Click on two of the checks when you have correctly input all the information. Click “Calculate Premium” after that.
- The insured amount and all of your premium information will then be displayed. Click “Save & Continue” if you are content with the premium amount you need to pay.
- After that, a registration box will show up. After clicking “Register,” provide your first and last names, birthdate, email address, mobile number, and other information. On the checkbox, click. After that, select the “Register” button.
- After successfully registering, you must continue with the purchasing procedure. Then, a page will prompt you to provide more information, like your residence, profession, annual income, and more.
- A payment page will open when you click it, allowing you to finish the transaction with your credit/debit card, Net Banking, EMI, or UPI.
- Select the mode of payment at your convenience. Click “Proceed to Pay” after that. The policy materials and a message will be sent to you through email and your registered mobile number as the final step.
File a Claim for the New India Young India Digi Health Insurance Policy
If you want to file a claim for the New India Young India Digi Health Plan, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Inform TPA in writing as soon as you become aware of any illness or injury, no later than 48 hours before hospitalisation.
- In case of hospitalisation due to a medical emergency, inform within twenty-four hours of the time of admission.
- Within seven days of the date of the hospital’s discharge, provide the following supporting documentation to the third party administrator (TPA) for the claim.
- Bill, receipt, and hospital discharge card or certificate.
- Cash Memos from Hospitals/Chemists, accompanied by valid prescriptions.
- Receipts and the results of any pathological testing from a pathologist, along with a note from the attending physician or surgeon suggesting such investigations.
- A surgeon’s certificate describing the type of procedure done, together with a surgeon’s invoice and receipt.
- The bill and receipt from the attending physician, the consultant, the specialist, the anaesthetist, and the certificate of diagnosis.
- You must submit all claim documentation within seven days of the end of any post-hospitalization care (limited to sixty days).
- Grant TPA permission to obtain medical records and other information from any hospital, laboratory, or other organisation.
How to Renew New India Young India Digi Health Insurance Policy?
You can guarantee tax savings on the amount of your premium by timely renewing your policy. To avoid paying an additional premium, it is advisable to renew your health insurance coverage before it expires. Your cost for a new health insurance coverage can go up if your current one expires. Listed below are the steps to renew your New India Young India Digi Health insurance policy.
- Visit the official website of New India Insurance.
- You can find the “Quick Help” button at the top. Just click it. The phrase “Quick Renewal” will then appear. Just click it.
- You will be prompted to provide your customer ID and policy number on a subsequent page. Make sure you type the right information. Click the “Proceed” button after that.
- The insurance renewal premium will then need to be paid. At that moment, you can use a credit or debit card to renew your insurance.
- Your registered phone number and email address will receive a message with information about your insurance when you make the payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the New India Young India Digi health policy covers the treatment of HIV, mental illness, and genetic disorders.
Bodily Injury or Illness due to intentional self-inflicted Injury and attempted suicide is exempted from the coverage.
After a block of every two claim-free years, the insured person(s) shall be entitled to reimbursement for the expense of a medical examination. The maximum amount of such payment shall be Rs. 3,500.