Compare Premium. Buy Now.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
Star Cardiac Care Health Insurance Plan
Star Cardiac Care Plan is a health insurance plan presented by Star Health Insurance Company, which is specially designed for people who have undergone treatments for cardiac ailments. To offer them relief from the financial burden of the expenses arising out of the surgeries or treatments for cardiac diseases and hazards. In India, the medical treatments of cardiovascular needs are expensive. The plan is flexible enough to give you the choice to build the plan according to your convenience and it also provides coverage for accidental injuries and non-cardiac treatments. Apart from these, this policy also covers multiple claims for various heart conditions, though these claims are subject to the sum insured.
Minimum – 10 years
Maximum – 65 years
|Who can buy this plan|
The people who have undergone any of the following:
|Sum insured options||Rs. 3 lakhs and Rs. 4 lakhs|
|Sum insured type||Individual|
|Plan options||Silver Plan and Gold Plan|
|Policy year||1, 2, and 3 years|
|Installment facility available|
Premium can be paid Quarterly and Half-Yearly and also can be
paid Annually Biennial (once in 2 years) and Triennial (once in 3 years)
|Waiting Periods for non-cardiac ailments|
Star Cardiac Care Plan Details
As the plan has come up with a sack full of benefits and facilities, for your better understanding, the details of the Star Cardiac Care Plan have discussed in the below table.
|Room, boarding, and nursing Expenses are all-inclusive as provided by the hospital or nursing home||Maximum Rs. 5000 per day|
|Emergency ambulance charges||Up to Rs.750 per hospitalization and Rs.1500 per policy period|
|Pre-hospitalization expenses||For a period not exceeding 30 days prior to the date of hospitalization|
|Day Care Procedures||All day care procedures, surgeries, and treatments are covered that require less than 24 hours of hospitalization as per the policy terms.|
|Sub-limits for treatment of Cataract||Up to Rs.20,000 per hospitalization and Rs.30,000 for the entire policy period.|
|Co-Payment||10% of each and every claim made by the insured person whose age at the time of entry is 61 years and above. If your age is less than 61 years during the first inception of this policy then the co-payment condition will not be applicable.|
|Pre-acceptance medical screening||There is no requirement for pre-policy medical screening.|
|Cataract sub-limit||Up to Rs.20,000/- per hospitalization and Rs.30,000/- for the entire policy period.|
General Terms Of Star Cardiac Care Plan
While the benefits and facilities of the Star Cardiac Care Plan might make you interested to buy this plan, you need to know about the general terms of the policy as well to avoid future problems and misunderstandings. here are the mentions of the general terms of the policy.
- Tax Exemption Benefit – If the insured person pays the amount by any mode other than by cash for this insurance, then he/she is eligible for relief under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- Free Look Period – If the insured person wants to do a review of the terms and conditions of the policy, the insurer allows a free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the policy for that. In case the insured is not satisfied with the terms and conditions, he/she may seek cancellation of the policy and in such an event the Company may allow a refund of the premium paid after adjusting the cost of pre-medical screening, stamp duty charges and proportionate risk premium for the period concerned provided no claim has been made until such cancellation. Remember, the free look Period is not applicable at the time of renewal of the policy.
- Grace Period For Renewal – 30 days from the date of expiry of the policy. It has to be remembered, that the renewal of premium, terms, and conditions are subject to change with prior approval from IRDAI.
- Revision Of Sum Insured – This plan offers you the option to reduce or enhance the sum insured, which is permissible at the time of renewal and is subject to the approval of the Company.
Exclusions of Star Cardiac Care Plan
Though Star Cardiac Care Plan has offered a wide range of benefits and advantages, it also has come up with certain exclusions for which it does not provide coverage. For an insured person, it is very important to have a clear concept of the exclusions of the policy to avoid future complexities. So, for your better understanding, here are the general exclusions of this plan.
- Any medical expenses arise due to self-inflicted injury, suicide, or suicide attempts, the policy will not take any responsibility for that.
- Costs incurred due to hazardous activities, adventurous games such as para-gliding, rock-climbing, scuba diving, etc. the insured person will not receive any compensation.
- Any diagnostic expenses, which are not related or not incidental to the current diagnosis and treatment are excluded.
- Any Expenses related to any admission primarily for enforced bed rest and not for receiving treatment will fall under the category of exclusions.
- If any expenses arise due to any treatment including surgical management to change characteristics of the body to those of the
- the opposite sex will not be compensated by the plan.
- Any kind of cosmetic surgery or plastic surgery will not be covered.
- If you receive any kind of medical treatment, which is unauthorized or unrecognized, the expenses for your treatment will not be reimbursed.
- If you are in rehabilitation or under treatment because of drug, alcohol, or any kind of unprescribed intoxicating substance consumption, the incurred expenses for the same will fall under the exclusions.
- Expenses related to the treatment for correction of eyesight due to refractive error less than 7. 5 dioptres are not covered.
- If you receive the treatments for sterility and infertility, that cost will not be included.
- Medical treatment expenses traceable to childbirth, including complicated deliveries and cesarean sections incurred during hospitalization) except ectopic pregnancy will not be covered by the policy.
- Injury or disease directly or indirectly caused by or arising from or attributable to war, invasion, an act of a foreign enemy, or warlike operations are not covered.
Premium Calculation Of Star Cardiac Care Plan
When you seek to buy the Star Cardiac Care Plan, first you need to know about the details of premium calculation to maintain the transparency of the policy. So, for your better understanding, here, an example is given below.
Mr. Ray a 36-year-old businessman has bought Star Cardiac Care Plan for himself. Let us find out, for different sum insured options how much premiums he has to pay.
|Plan type||Age||Policy term||Insurance cover||Payment option||Premium amount (Including tax)|
|Gold Plan||36 years||2 years||Rs. 3 lakhs||Full payment||Rs. 42,793|
|Rs. 4 lakhs||Rs. 48,907|
Frequently Asked Questions
Among the many special features, the most unique feature of the Gold Plan is that, along with all the benefits of the Silver Plan, it also covers Medical Management for Cardiac Treatments.
If at any time during the period of the policy, the insured person sustains any bodily injury resulting solely and directly from an accident caused by external, violent, and visible means and if such accident causes the death of the Insured Person within 12 Calendar months from the date of the accident, then the company will pay the Sum Insured mentioned in the policy document as compensation.
Yes, some modern treatments are covered under Star Cardiac Insurance. The coverage details are as follows and the limits are mentioned in the Policy Clause.
- Uterine artery embolization and HIFU (High intensity focused ultrasound)
- Balloon sinuplasty
- Deep brain stimulation
- Oral chemotherapy
- Immunotherapies – monoclonal antibody to be given as an injection
- Intra vitreal injections
- Robotic surgeries
- Stereotactic radio surgeries
- Bronchial Thermoplasty
- Vaporisation of the prostrate
- ION M Intra Operative Neuro Monitoring
- Stem cell therapy
Yes, only HIV is covered by this plan. But, any other Venereal Disease and Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) are not covered by the policy.
If the Star Cardiac Care Plan is withdrawn in the future, the following things are offered to the insured person.
- In that case, the company will intimate the insured person about the same 90 days prior to the expiry date of the policy.
- The insured person will have the option to migrate to a similar health insurance product that is available with the company at the time of renewal with all the accrued continuity benefits such as cumulative bonus, waiver of waiting period as per IRDAI guidelines only if the policy has been maintained without a break.
Yes, you can. In that case, you need to apply to the insurer to whom you want to port and need to port the entire policy along with the members insured. This has to be done at least 45 days before, but not earlier than 60 days from the policy renewal date as per IRDAI guidelines related to portability.