Compare Premium. Buy Now.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
Download Star Health Insurance Policy?
Health is the most important thing for us, and it is important to plan for the future. A good health insurance policy ensures that any unexpected medical event is accounted for in the future.
A health insurance policy is a handy document that contains everything from your coverage, inclusions, exclusions, and basically any information you need to know about your policy. But sometimes, you may lose or misplace the document. However, even after taking all the necessary precautions, if you find your insurance papers missing, don’t panic and take immediate actions to get duplicate copies of the lost policy.
Steps To Download Your Star Health Insurance Policy
Life is digital and so is your health insurance policy. It is easy to find your Star Health Insurance policy online and download it quickly. You will need a smart device, such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Next, make sure to have a working internet connection to ensure that the download doesn’t take too long. Here are a few easy steps to follow:
- Go to the Star Health Insurance website
- Click on the menu and then click on the ‘self-service’ option
- Enter your mobile number, policy number, and DOB
- Then you can choose to download the documents now
- If you choose to download now, your policy will be downloaded on your device
Another option for safekeeping, is to choose to email the policy to yourself. Follow the same process as mentioned above and instead of clicking on “download documents now”, click on “send documents to email”. You can then enter the email address you wish to get your Star Health Insurance policy on, and it will be emailed to you within a few minutes.
Get A Hard Copy Of Your Star Health Insurance Policy
While it is great that your Star Health Insurance policy is easily available online, sometimes, you need a paper copy for your records, or to submit somewhere, or to just make sure you have everything on you while you are traveling. In such cases, you might want a hard copy of the policy.
You can head to the nearest Star Health Insurance office and ask an agent to assist you with the same. They might be able to print it out for you at the office.
Another option is to first download the policy as mentioned above and then get a printout for yourself. This way, you don’t have to visit the insurance agent or the Star Health Insurance office. This method is quite quick and available any time – day or night.
You can call the toll-free number mentioned on the website and have the company send the policy document to you via registered post. This process might take at least 7-10 business days. This process is possible only if you have ample time.
Can I make changes in my Star Health Insurance policy?
Making changes to your Star Health Insurance policy depends on two things:
- Whether the change affects the premium
- Whether the change doesn’t affect the premium
The process for change depends on the type of endorsement you wish to make to your Star Health Insurance policy.
Some of the changes that do not make any difference to the premium are:
- Editing/rectifying the name of the insured individual
- Changing the gender of the insured individual
- Changing the relationship between the insured and the proposer
- Changing the address
- Changing or updating contact details such as phone/email address, etc.
- Changing details of the policy nominee
Changes that might impact the premium are:
- Changing the address on the policy
- Changing the date of birth in the policy
- Changing the age of the insured
- Adding any family member to the policy
- Removing any individual from the policy
The recommended method for this is to either write to them at email@example.com or call them on the toll free number at 1800 102 4477. You can also get in touch with the customer service team by using the chat feature on the website.
All endorsements must be made in writing and the insured might be asked to submit relevant documents supporting the changes to their Star Health Insurance policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What types of insurance policies are offered by Star Health Insurance?
Star Health Insurance offers health insurance, travel insurance, and accident care plans for all individuals. The requirements and eligibility for each plan are different.
2. How do file a claim for my Star Health Insurance policy?
The company has a Claims Helpdesk on the website that can direct you towards where and how to submit all the documents for your claim. The website also has a list of documents required to file a claim for each type of policy. Make sure to read it and have all your documents ready before getting in touch with the Claims Helpdesk.
3. What is the Talk To Star app by Star Health Insurance?
The Talk to Star app is an easy way for all policyholders with Star Health Insurance to speak to a doctor. The app is available on Apple and Android phones and doctors are available to answer all queries between 8 am to 10 pm daily.
4. What are the toll-free numbers for Star Health Insurance?
The Toll-free numbers for Star Health Insurance are 1800 425 2255 or 1800 102 4477.