Compare Premium. Buy Now.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
Star Health Insurance Comprehensive Plan
Star Comprehensive Plan from Star Health Insurance is a complete health insurance plan whose primary objective is to cater to all the healthcare needs of an individual. The policy has no sub-limits or capping, and it can cover all members of a family for a single sum covered.
The plan is available in both individual and family floater coverage. By providing policyholders with financial support in the event of a medical emergency, the Star Comprehensive Health Insurance policy can help mitigate the negative consequences of rising medical costs.
Eligibility Of Star Comprehensive Plan
|Entry Age||3 Months To 65 Years|
|Policy Type||Individual & Floater (Family Size: Maximum 2 Adults + 3 Dependent Children)|
|Dependent Children Coverage||Up To 25 Years Of Age|
|Exit Age||No Limit|
Key Highlights Of The Plan
|Sum Insured Options||Rs. 5,00,000; Rs. 7,50,000; Rs. 10,00,000; Rs. 15,00,000; Rs. 20,00,000; Rs. 25,00,000; Rs. 50,00,000; Rs. 75,00,000; Rs. 1,00,00,000|
|Policy Term||1/2/3 Years|
|Air Ambulance Expenses||Up To Rs. 2,50,000 Per Hospitalization|
|Pre- & Post-Hospitalization||30 & 60 Days|
|Renewal Benefits||100% Increase In Sum Insured Upon A Claim Free Renewal|
What Are The Salient Features Of the Star Comprehensive Plan?
Following are some of the salient features of the star comprehensive plan:
- No Medical Screening: Under the Star Comprehensive Plan, there is no need to undergo any kind of pre-acceptance medical screening.
- Midterm Inclusion: The plan allows the policyholder to include the newly married spouse or newborn baby under the plan. However, you need to pay an extra premium amount for the same.
- Pre- & Post-Hospitalization Expenses: The plan provides coverage for pre-hospitalization expenses 60 days before the date of hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses up to 90 days after the discharge from the hospital.
- Ambulance Expenses: The plan also covers ambulance expenses, both for road and air ambulances. The air ambulance is not subjected to exceeding Rs. 5 lakhs per policy period.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization: In case the individual is suffering from a disease, illness, or injury, and requires hospital-like treatment at home, he/she can receive such treatment with the help of the plan.
- Organ Donor Expenses: The plan also offers coverage for organ donor expenses, such as in-patient hospitalization expenses and expenses incurred by the donor.
- AYUSH Treatment: The plan also covers the Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy systems of treatment.
Why Should You Go For Star Comprehensive Plan?
There are a plethora of reasons why you should choose the comprehensive plan from Star Health Insurance. Some of them are as discussed below:
- Installment Facility: There are various installment facilities available when it comes to a premium payment for Star Comprehensive Plan. The policyholder can pay the premium on a quarterly, half-yearly, annually, biennially, and triennially basis.
- Hospital Cash Benefit: This benefit is paid for each day of hospitalization that is completed, up to 7 days per occurrence, and a maximum of 120 days for the insurance period.
- Health Check-Up: For every claim-free year, the insurance plan will allow the policyholder to go through a complimentary health check-up.
- Accidental Death Cover & Permanent Total Disablement: The dependent children, as well as the individuals above 70 years of age, are covered under the permanent total disablement and accidental death cover of the plan.
- Cashless Facility: Star Health Insurance has a network of more than 12,000 hospitals. You can quickly obtain cashless treatment from one of the neighbouring network hospitals in times of need.
- Automatic restoration: If your insurance amount is depleted due to claims within a year, this plan replenishes your insurance amount.
- Cumulative Bonus: A ‘No-claim’ bonus is declared for each year without a claim, and the bonus amount is accumulated.
- Tax Benefits: Tax deductions of up to Rs. 25,000 are available to policyholders under the age of 60, and deductions of up to Rs. 50,000 are available to senior persons (above 60 years of age).
- Star Wellness Program: Under this program, the insured can earn wellness reward points, which can be further used to attain discounts in premium amounts.
Key Exclusions Of The Plan
There are some conditions and treatments that Star Comprehensive Plan does not cover. They are as follows:
- Mental illnesses
- Aesthetic treatments
- Cosmetic treatments
- Intentional self-injury or self-harm
- Dental surgery
- Miscarriage & abortion
- Infertility treatments
- Obesity or weight control treatments
- Change of gender treatments
- Congenital diseases
- Hospitalization due to war, riots, attacks, etc.
Premium Amount For Star Comprehensive Policy
It is very crucial for you to have an understanding of how much premium you need to pay under the Star Comprehensive Plan. To make it seamless and easier for you, we have calculated the premium amounts based on the different sum insured options.
|Name||Age (In Years)||Gender||Sum Insured||Policy Term||Premium Amount|
|Avantika||28||Female||Rs. 5 Lakhs||1 Year||Rs. 10,832|
|Subhash||30||Male||Rs. 7.5 Lakhs||2 Years||Rs. 25,825|
|Kritika||35||Female||Rs. 10 Lakhs||3 Years||Rs. 45,423|
|Akash||40||Male||Rs. 15 Lakhs||3 Years||Rs. 60,902|
Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s the list of the frequently asked questions related to the Star diabetes safe plan:
No. The Star Comprehensive Plan does not cover any kind of critical illness.
You cannot increase the sum insured amount of the Star Comprehensive Plan in between the policy period. However, you can increase your sum insured at the time of renewal.
In case of the acute treatment of the eyes, the Star Comprehensive Plan pays for the expenses that occurred once in 3 years of continuous coverage.
You should keep the following documents ready for filing a claim against the Star Comprehensive Plan:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Original medical bills
- Prescription documents
- Health card
- Discharge summary
- NEFT and KYC details
Yes. The plan covers bariatric surgery and other related treatments up to a maximum limit of Rs. 2.5 lakhs and 5 lakhs.