Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance Policy
Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance Policy provides coverage for any potential medical and travel emergencies, even when travelling domestically or internationally. It is a special product that provides you with financial support if something goes wrong while you are travelling. It covers a variety of situations, such as unexpected medical or dental needs, theft of your belongings or loss of your passport, cancelled flights, and misplaced or lost luggage. You can pick the travel insurance plan that best meets your needs based on where you’re going, why you’re visiting, and how frequently you travel.
Continue reading to know more about the Star Corporate Travel Protect insurance policy.
Here are the eligibility criteria for your Star Corporate Travel Protect insurance policy.
Minimum- 18 Years
Maximum- 70 Years
|Sum Insured Options
|This policy offers four Sum Insured limits under both plan options. They are USD 100,000/-, USD 250,000/- and USD 500,000/-.
|It can be availed for travel to USA & Canada, and travel worldwide other than USA & Canada.
|Under normal circumstances, not extendable. However, if the total travel time covered by the policy does not exceed 180 days, the policy period may be extended to allow the insured person to complete the overseas trip.
Key Features & Benefits of Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance Policy
Here are the major benefits and features of the Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance Policy.
- Dental Emergency Cover
Up to the limits specified in the policy clause, this policy covers costs associated with acute anesthetic treatment for dental issues brought on by injuries sustained during the trip.
- Coverage for Travel Discomforts
The loss resulting from travel inconveniences, such as flight delays, trip cancellations, passport losses, lost or delayed checked baggage, missed flights or connections, and hijack distress, is covered by this policy.
- A lost Passport
If an insured person misplaces their passport while travelling, the company will pay for the costs of getting a new passport or other acceptable travel documents to get back home.
- Hijack Distress
The company will pay the equivalent in Indian rupees for each day of delay up to the specified limits if the common carrier in which the insured person is travelling is hijacked and the trip is interrupted or disrupted for longer than 12 hours.
- Checked-In Baggage Delay
The company will provide compensation for the delay up to the limits specified in the policy schedule if the insured person’s checked baggage is delayed for more than 12 hours while travelling.
- Coverage for Checked Baggage Loss
The Company will cover the loss incurred by the insured person up to the limits of the checked baggage (property of the insured person) lost by an airline or carrier.
- Flight Delay
The company will reimburse the costs incurred for additional lodging, travel, and other reasonable expenses up to the specified limits if the insured person’s flight is delayed for more than six hours.
- Trip Abortion or Interruption
The company will compensate the insured or his/her legal representatives up to the specified amount if the insured person’s trip is cancelled due to accidental bodily injuries or the death of either the insured person or a member of his/her family.
- Missed Departure/Connection
Due to the listed reasons, the company will reimburse the insured person for reasonable additional lodging and travel costs if they miss the pre-scheduled departure or connecting flight.
- Personal Liability Insurance
During the insurance period, if the insured person is found legally responsible for any illness, injury, or damage to property (whether fatal or not), the insurance company will defend the insured against any financial obligations that may arise.
- Personal Accident Cover
The company will pay a lump sum to the insured person or his or her legal representatives up to the specified limits in the event of the insured person’s death or disabling injury as a result of an accident.
- Movement of Mortal Remains
If the insured person passes away while travelling, this policy will pay for the transportation of their mortal remains or provide the equivalent amount for a local burial or cremation in the country where the death took place.
Exclusions Under the Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy
Star health travel protection insurance plan does not provide cover for the following:
- If the insured person departs against the doctor’s orders
- Conditions that already exist are not covered.
- Getting medical care abroad.
- If the insured participates in organised or professional sports, such as rock climbing.
- If the insured uses ski slopes or participates in winter sports.
- In case the insured engages in any kind of manual labour.
- If the insured takes part in a riot or other civil unrest.
- Mental disorders, depression, anxiety, or wilful self-inflicted injuries, illnesses, or diseases are not covered.
- If a pregnancy-related claim is made.
- Extreme danger exposure, excluding attempts to save human lives.
- Any other complications or congenital anomalies.
How to Buy Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance Policy?
If you are looking to purchase the Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance policy, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of Star Health Insurance.
- Hover your mouse on the “Plans” banner and then click on “View All” under the “Travel” Tab.
- A page will emerge displaying all the travel insurance plans. Then, you will need to locate the “Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance Policy”. After that, press “View Plan”.
- The next page will display all the information related to the plan. Just read it carefully and then press the “Get A Quote” button after entering your name, mobile number, and pin code.
- Now enter your contact details, including your mobile number and email address, and then click “Next”.
- Provide basic information on the next page, including date of birth and No. of Days, then click Next”.
- Now choose your insurance cover for which the premium amount details will be displayed below. Also, you will get the premium amount at the bottom. Then, click on “Call Now”
- Make payment either via credit/debit card/net banking and the policy detail will be sent to the registered mobile number or email address.
Premium Illustration- How Does the Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance Policy Work?
Let’s take an example to understand!
Mr. Ankit Malhotra, a resident of Delhi, and a CEO of a renowned brand travels quite often. Since he has to visit abroad to meet his clients, he is keenly aware of the fact that any mishap can happen anytime. To avoid such circumstances, he opted for the Star Corporate Travel Protect Insurance Policy. Here is the premium illustration according to his trip tenure and age.
|30 Days Trip Band
|Rs. 3, 395
|41- 60 Years
|30 Days Trip Band
|Rs. 4, 774
|61- 70 Years
|30 Days Trip Band
|Rs. 11, 834
Claim Process of Star Travel Protect Insurance Policy
- Submitting a claim is easy and fast. To register your claim and speak with Star Health Insurance claims support, just dial the toll-free number 1800 425 2255 or 1800 102 4477.
- Depending on the urgency, you will be required to complete a claims form and send it to the following address with the necessary supporting documentation.
Heritage Health Insurance TPA Pvt Ltd
Champion Building, Ground Floor,
15, Parsi Panchayat Road,
Mumbai – 400069
- Before filing a claim, you must have the following items on hand: a copy of your passport with the immigration stamp, a copy of your insurance policy, original bills, invoices, and receipts, a copy of your police complaint (if applicable), the approval and reference number of the assistance company, proof of expenses, and a copy of your e-ticket.
- Your claim will be processed after the surveyor has evaluated your case and supporting documentation.
Renewal Process Of Star Corporate Travel Insurance Policy
If you want to renew your Star Corporate Travel insurance policy, then you may need to follow these renewal steps.
- Firstly, visit the home page of Star Insurance.
- Select “Renew” from the menu at the top of the page.
- Type in your policy number and birthdate, then click “Submit”.
- The details of your policy will be displayed on the screen. The amount of your premium can then be paid using different payment options.
- Your policy will be successfully renewed after completing the aforementioned steps, and the pertinent information will be sent to the contact details you provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
The premium for the travel insurance policy is not exempt from income tax, so the answer is no.
To ensure that tourists are genuine, many nations now require travel insurance. The Travel Insurance policy will be useful because it will serve as a financial buffer in the event of any travel emergencies.
Yes, you can purchase travel insurance after making travel arrangements. To avoid last-minute hassle, it is advised to buy ahead of time. This will give you time to understand the coverage, which will be useful in an emergency.
Pre-existing illnesses or conditions are not covered by travel insurance policies.