Star Health Family Accident Care Insurance Policy
Life is a wonderful journey unless it throws upon us unforeseen risks at unexpected times. Like a personal accident or an injury, which could leave one and his/her finances drained. So, protect oneself and his/her family members with Star Health’s Family Accident Care Insurance Policy. A policy that covers all accident-related eventualities of the insured and proves to be the best defense against the odd slips, twists, and turns of life. To know more about this policy, have a look at the following mentions.
|Age at entry
Minimum – 16 days
Maximum – 65 years
For financially dependent children maximum age – 25 years
|Sum insured basis
|Sum insured options
Minimum – Rs. 1 lakh
Maximum – Rs. 50 lakhs
|1 and 2 years
|Self, Spouse, and Dependent Children (Up to 3 Dependent Children)
|Premium Table (Excluding GST) (Irrespective of Family Size)
For 1 Year policy: Rs.75/- per lakh (Per Family)
For 2 Year policy: Rs.145/- per lakh (Per Family)
|Free look period
Key highlights of Star Family Accident Care Insurance Policy
If at any time during the Period of Insurance, the Insured Person shall sustain any bodily injury solely and directly from Accident caused by external, violent, and visible means, and if such accident causes
- Death of the Insured Person within 12 Calendar months from the date of Accident, then the Company will pay as compensation 100% of the Sum Insured stated in the Schedule, or
- Permanent Total Disablement of the Insured Person within 12 Calendar months from the Date of the Accident, then the Company will pay as compensation 100% of the Sum Insured stated in the Schedule, provided that the disability is confirmed and claimed within 60 days from the occurrence of disablement.
Where the insured person is a Dependent Child, the compensation for 1 or 2 above will be 25% of the sum insured stated in the Schedule. Thereafter the policy will continue until expiry for the balance sum insured for the other Insured Persons. Where a claim is admitted / admissible under 1 or 2 above, the policy cannot be renewed for such relevant person.
General Exclusions of The Star Family Accident Care Insurance Policy
Each policy comes up with certain exclusions for which it does not offer any exclusions. Therefore, to avoid future complications and claim denial, the general exclusions of Star Family Accident Care Insurance Policy are as below.
- Any Claim relating to events occurring outside the Period of Insurance.
- Any claim arising out of an Accident of the Insured Person from
- Intentional self-injury/suicide or attempted suicide or
- Whilst under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs or
- Indulging in self-endangerment unless in self-defense or to save human life.
- Any claim arising out of an accident attributable to pre-existing conditions, if proven.
- Insured Person engaging in Air Travel unless he/she flies as a fare-paying passenger on an aircraft properly licensed to carry passengers. For the purpose of this exclusion, Air Travel means being in or on or boarding an aircraft for the purpose of flying therein or alighting therefrom.
- Accidents that are results of war and warlike occurrence or invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, insurrection, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to an uprising, military or usurped power, seizure capture arrest restraints detainments of all kings’ princes and people of whatever nation, condition or quality whatsoever.
- Participation in riots, confiscation or nationalization, or requisition of or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or local authority.
- Any claim resulting or arising from or any consequential loss directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to or arising from:
- Ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from combustion (including any self-sustaining process of nuclear fission) of nuclear fuel.
- Nuclear weapons material
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive, or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
- Nuclear, chemical, and biological terrorism
- Any claim arising out of sporting activities in so far as they involve the training or participation in competitions of professional or semi-professional sports persons.
- Participation in Hazardous Sport / Hazardous Activities Persons who are physically challenged, unless specifically agreed and endorsed in the policy.
- Any loss arising out of the Insured Person’s actual or attempted commission of or wilful participation in an illegal act or any violation or attempted violation of the law.
How Does Star Family Accident Care Insurance Policy Work?
For your better understanding, here is an example.
|No. of insured people
|Age of the insured person
|Premium amount, including GST
|3 (Self. Spouse, one dependent child)
|Rs. 25 lakhs
|Rs. 50 lakhs
|Rs. 45 lakhs
Buying Process of Star Family Accident Care Insurance Policy
One can buy this policy by following the below easy steps.
- Go to the official website of the company.
- On the top of the homepage, there will be the Plans tab. Select the Accident option under that tab and click on the All Plans options.
- Multiple policies will appear. Find the Family Accident Care Insurance Policy and click on that.
- On the landing page, there will be the Buy Now option on the right side of the page.
- Click on that. Provide the necessary details, such as name and contact details, and submit.
- After that, one needs to provide other policy-related required information such as family size, sum insured option, policy year, etc. Put all the details correctly in the right place.
- Once all the details are put in, on the basis of the given data, the premium amount for the policy will be displayed.
- Check the details again carefully. If satisfied, pay the premium amount by choosing the most convenient option of payment available with the insurer.
- Upon successful payment, the company will send a notification regarding the same to the registered email ID and/or phone number.
- Download the policy. Or else, one can take a printout of the policy document for better convenience.
Claim Process of Star Family Accident Care Insurance Policy
Under Star Out Family Accident Care Insurance Policy, claim intimation should be done through the toll-free helpline number (1800 425 2255 / 1800 102 4477) (or) Email/letter/documents (Hospitalization claims / Death claims) with the following information.
- Policy Details
- Name of the insured member covered along with DOB (In case of Group Policies)
- Date of accident
- Date of admission
- Nature of accident
- Hospital name
Intimation about an event or occurrence that may give rise to a claim under this policy must be given within 24 hours of it happening. Claims for insurance benefits must be submitted to the company not later than 15 days after the completion of the treatment or after transportation of the mortal remains/burial in the event of death. Once all documents are approved, claim amount will be released.
Frequently Asked Questions
This policy shall automatically terminate upon the insured person’s death or on payment of 100% Sum Insured whichever is earlier.
A grace period of 30 days from the date of expiry of the policy is available for renewal. However, the actual period of cover will start only from the date of payment of the premium. In other words, no protection is available between the policy expiry date and the date of payment of the premium for renewal.
The following documents are required.
For Death Claims:
- Death Certificate/proof of accident.
- Post-mortem Certificate, if conducted
- FIR (wherever required)
- Police Investigation report (wherever required)
- Viscera Sample Report (wherever required)
- Forensic Science Laboratory report (wherever required)
- Legal Heir Certificate
- Succession Certificate (wherever required)
For Disability Claims:
- Certificate from a Government doctor not below the rank of Civil Surgeon, confirming the disability and its percentage.